Evil Magic Layman Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Elita
Apprentice

Re: Evil Magic Layman Recode

Post by Elita » 25 Jan 2016 19:42

Tbh, Necrospells are easy, trigger it overnight and yer good
WHat?! One of the most vocal in the anti-bot discussion is actually suggesting botting? :shock: :o

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2016 20:29

Elita wrote:
WHat?! One of the most vocal in the anti-bot discussion is actually suggesting botting? :shock: :o

Should have them request you fetch a random thing to keep researching...

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 26 Jan 2016 01:47

Elita wrote:
Unavoidable, really. With the way it's coded, it obviously isn't designed for today's instant gratification player.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 29 Jan 2016 23:33

Greetings.

Hopefully, and this is not a promise, I may be able to take up the mantle on a recode of the Necromancers (layman). At the same time, I may also do the Valars, with the assistance and permission of Eowul and Varian.

I prefer to build new frameworks for both guilds in one go, so both functions and spells are created at the same time.

Now, regarding the Necromancers, they may move to Ravenloft, and they may change theme slightly (I was thinking of demonologists). If so, it means the old outdated necros are closed and replaced with the new guild.

Existing members of the necromancers may get a direct free pass into the new one, if the administration approves.

Now, thoughts? :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Jan 2016 23:47

Should be a single guild really with spells changing depending on align.
Goodie, Heralds of the Valar, heal, light, stone field (runeshield/stone robe), pax, rain of frogs as lame aoe dmg, faerie who can cast lame heals as pet.
Baddie, Heralds of whoever else, lightning, darkness, infra, runeshield, skeleton with lame lightning as it is now.
Laurel wrote:Idea: Necromancers turn into Spiritmasters when going neutral+ with different set of titles & emotes (like Archers or Wild Elves now) + slightly altered skill-looks (i.e. spirit instead of skeleton)
cotillion wrote:You need to find a wizard who is interested and capable and who understands the theme of the guild.
For the Necros I doubt that will happen, but who knows.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 30 Jan 2016 00:01

Laurel wrote:Should be a single guild really with spells changing depending on align.
Goodie, Heralds of the Valar, heal, light, stone field (runeshield/stone robe), pax, rain of frogs as lame aoe dmg, faerie who can cast lame heals as pet.
Baddie, Heralds of whoever else, lightning, darkness, infra, runeshield, skeleton with lame lightning as it is now.
Uhm..the Heralds of the Valar are ME themed. It's not the heralds of the Valar if there's an evil option.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 30 Jan 2016 00:16

Ody wrote:
Laurel wrote:Should be a single guild really with spells changing depending on align.
Uhm..the Heralds of the Valar are ME themed. It's not the heralds of the Valar if there's an evil option.
Please read up on "Valar".

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 30 Jan 2016 00:21

As occupational Necromaners may open in future, it is a sane
idea to rename and change layman Necromancers somehow.

I like the overall theme and feel of Necromancers and i would like
it to be transfered into new version, so Demonolgists sounds great.

Laurel's idea seems to be like creating a magical layman version
of Mercenaries, just a tool (:yawn:), and i find it no fun at all.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 30 Jan 2016 04:00

Laurel wrote:
Ody wrote:
Please read up on "Valar".
I know about Melkor and Sauron and the evil Valar. MM is already sort of an evil version of the heralds. Having yet another one is pointless.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 30 Jan 2016 06:40

The Valar are an evil version of the mages tbh

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/