Guild Activity Discussion

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Ulric, Knight of the Black Rose

Post by Kvator » 03 Feb 2016 14:28

The only thing fallen is ur ego, dude :D

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 03 Feb 2016 15:10

kirsach wrote:Manglor,

I fully agree with you. But it was Emrath who started talking with whom Knights and Neidars can team with because of their RP basis according to HIS (Emrath's) point of view over RP lory of guilds. So we should have the same standards for all. If he can talk about RP of guilds from other domain, other can talk about RP of His guild from ME domain. I'm sure you will agree with it. Or virus-infected should stop talking about others.
Or at least say it is my (Emrath's, Manglor's player, etc) personal oppinion. And such words I didnt read in any note of this topic.
It's even in the help files for Neidar that their racial hatred of Goblins (et al.) runs so deep as to be disallowed to join guilds known to be Goblin-lovers (AA). I'm not saying you hard-code it. I just think that Genesis as a whole has turned into such a grind-fest that some people compromise everything in order to min-max.

And to be fair, if my RL buddies who play decided they were going to play glad/mino combos because they apparently rock, and I was still a Neidar with Manglor, I'd team with them. But then again, I was never Thane and held to a higher standard...

I think that's what the real issue is. Roleplay in general is all good. But leaders in the game, such as in RL, are held to a higher standard. What may be acceptable to "Joe 6 pack" may be very unacceptable for Mr. President. CEO of company, etc. It's not anti-Irk, or Anti-anyone in particular. Just what we'd hope to expect to see.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 03 Feb 2016 16:02

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

No orcs allowed. Hell one could say maybe orcs could wear one of the three elven rings :) I get females but that was debated in MM's history too. And allowed for obvious reasons. But female humans are human. So I get why it is viewed as arbitrary ... and why laurel is saying it is hate of Irk and not his arbitrary reasons. I wont go into details but I fully understand why orcs are allowed too. And it is a full breach of ME canon as the above shows. You any race other than man the ring wont even work for you .... hell if you are dwarf or elf you have your own rings. But I still see this as minor.

Careful on the high and mighty of this thread. We all have dirt on each other. So lets not pretend to much here in RL.

And knights being 'evil' well look at the whole sea of istar to see it does happen. Self righteous pricks do tend, in fantasy lore and in RL histories, to eat alot of crow. Being that the Knights are trapped within the timeline they doesnt change the fact that in their overall history they do have some seedy fellows. For me the problem of Induction allows for this to exist even with in Genesis ... so no biggie t me if knighthood has dark days.

I think what is bad is that min maxing is normal and should be embraced by gen. When I was a knight long long ago back when knights were known for RP, there was still much min/maxing. I was told which stats were important. Hell there are major hints in the knight code ... things knights do that tell you what stats are important. I just think us knowing this doesnt debase the game. I dont think the asymetric balance is good or even works. I think all races should be given an equal amount of stat points to choose from and can put those pts however they wish upto a threshold no highter than that you see of dwarves goblins or elves at their highest stat. And when you run out of points you run out of points. Also I think all guilds should make it obvious which stats are important to them. This type of knowledge wouldnt ruin genesis. And would allow one to focus on more xping or maybe more RPing. This would allow combat elves to exist. Or magical dwarves etc. Anomolies as deep as Kas the minotaur. Only one race should be untouched on one key aspec t.... kenders dex ... that should be insane :)

All the above to me are minor issues .... RP nerds make them major but they dont harm the game so much imho

I would be more concerned that calia is largely a danish thing.
Knights/Neidar/Glads so much as they can be as glads are a polish thing.
And then the RL hatred or whatever is used against anyone whos alt is found out etc
That would be bad if done. I squired Kvator. He knew the lore better than many. I knew he was
polish and didnt care. The knighthood will be fine with him as leader. Ulric might not but that is for the HJ to decide. It is his guild now.
Knowing that RL plays such a role in the removal of players .... due ot RL bitterness is bad for genesis as a whole.

I also think we should have neutral layman combat guilds .... which are able to encompass a 'damage' type for anyone etc ..... I bet then without the limits there are now you might see fewer minotaurs and more RP ... but genesis is quite limited to 'damage' layman melee ..... you want club ... oops AA or club and mino .... you want axe .... mino only? etc there should be a weaponmaster layman that allows you to spec in any weapon type (and switch as you want) ... which is as powerful as BladeMasters ... more fun gameplay .... we see many glad minos for a reason ... they are fun but that doesnt mean all want to RP mino glads ... many would love to play a dwarf glad who did as much daamge as a mino glad etc

So many issues in genesis than to point the bad RP finger imho. I was in the actors club on ydred and it still didnt stop me from burning out on how MM changed due to gameplay. Gameplay is important to players .... of all types.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Feb 2016 17:13

It appears as if some of you need to spend more time in your guilds libraries to read the history of Genesis than on this message board.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Titan

Post by Avatar » 03 Feb 2016 19:36

Mersereau wrote:It appears as if some of you need to spend more time in your guilds libraries to read the history of Genesis than on this message board.
That is an easy statement to make.

How about putting some effort into it, and elaborate on what you mean?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 03 Feb 2016 19:46

Ydred wrote:Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

No orcs allowed. Hell one could say maybe orcs could wear one of the three elven rings :) I get females but that was debated in MM's history too. And allowed for obvious reasons. But female humans are human. So I get why it is viewed as arbitrary ... and why laurel is saying it is hate of Irk and not his arbitrary reasons. I wont go into details but I fully understand why orcs are allowed too. And it is a full breach of ME canon as the above shows. You any race other than man the ring wont even work for you .... hell if you are dwarf or elf you have your own rings. But I still see this as minor.

Careful on the high and mighty of this thread. We all have dirt on each other. So lets not pretend to much here in RL.

And knights being 'evil' well look at the whole sea of istar to see it does happen. Self righteous pricks do tend, in fantasy lore and in RL histories, to eat alot of crow. Being that the Knights are trapped within the timeline they doesnt change the fact that in their overall history they do have some seedy fellows. For me the problem of Induction allows for this to exist even with in Genesis ... so no biggie t me if knighthood has dark days.

I think what is bad is that min maxing is normal and should be embraced by gen. When I was a knight long long ago back when knights were known for RP, there was still much min/maxing. I was told which stats were important. Hell there are major hints in the knight code ... things knights do that tell you what stats are important. I just think us knowing this doesnt debase the game. I dont think the asymetric balance is good or even works. I think all races should be given an equal amount of stat points to choose from and can put those pts however they wish upto a threshold no highter than that you see of dwarves goblins or elves at their highest stat. And when you run out of points you run out of points. Also I think all guilds should make it obvious which stats are important to them. This type of knowledge wouldnt ruin genesis. And would allow one to focus on more xping or maybe more RPing. This would allow combat elves to exist. Or magical dwarves etc. Anomolies as deep as Kas the minotaur. Only one race should be untouched on one key aspec t.... kenders dex ... that should be insane :)

All the above to me are minor issues .... RP nerds make them major but they dont harm the game so much imho

I would be more concerned that calia is largely a danish thing.
Knights/Neidar/Glads so much as they can be as glads are a polish thing.
And then the RL hatred or whatever is used against anyone whos alt is found out etc
That would be bad if done. I squired Kvator. He knew the lore better than many. I knew he was
polish and didnt care. The knighthood will be fine with him as leader. Ulric might not but that is for the HJ to decide. It is his guild now.
Knowing that RL plays such a role in the removal of players .... due ot RL bitterness is bad for genesis as a whole.

I also think we should have neutral layman combat guilds .... which are able to encompass a 'damage' type for anyone etc ..... I bet then without the limits there are now you might see fewer minotaurs and more RP ... but genesis is quite limited to 'damage' layman melee ..... you want club ... oops AA or club and mino .... you want axe .... mino only? etc there should be a weaponmaster layman that allows you to spec in any weapon type (and switch as you want) ... which is as powerful as BladeMasters ... more fun gameplay .... we see many glad minos for a reason ... they are fun but that doesnt mean all want to RP mino glads ... many would love to play a dwarf glad who did as much daamge as a mino glad etc

So many issues in genesis than to point the bad RP finger imho. I was in the actors club on ydred and it still didnt stop me from burning out on how MM changed due to gameplay. Gameplay is important to players .... of all types.
Ydred, come back to Mordor! : )

B.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Feb 2016 21:54

Mersereau wrote:It appears as if some of you need to spend more time in your guilds libraries to read the history of Genesis than on this message board.
That is an easy statement to make.

How about putting some effort into it, and elaborate on what you mean?
People have a lot of misconceptions as this thread has derailed.

It was in no way directed at you.

In the old days Ulric would have some 'splainin to do.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Feb 2016 22:01

No he wouldnt Mers.
He would have been booted :P
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 03 Feb 2016 22:27

I do not think booting someone because of 'out of game information' should be something desirable.
Kvator haven't met Ulric since this topic started. There was also no information sent - except for one very ooc mail pointing this thread.

I am sorry for my low standards :)

In contrary I think Emraht should actually explain himself for killing Morg due to information gained outside of the game (he's avoiding this issue - it's better to keep running after people using invisibilty spell to get some new documentary material for the forum instead :) )
Last edited by Kvator on 03 Feb 2016 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

Emraht

Post by Emraht » 03 Feb 2016 22:40

Kvator wrote:I do not think booting someone because of 'out of game information' should be something desirable.
Kvator haven't met Ulric since this topic started. There was also no information sent - except for one very ooc mail pointing this thread.
You may pretend to not know what has been revealed here. However, I have made it clear that this is a true post from me that has been made on the forum due to its advanced presentation capabilities. The Sparkle board is too primitive for posting scrolls of this length and size.
Kvator wrote: I am sorry for my low standards :)

In contrary I think Emraht should actually explain himself for killing Jar due to information gained outside of the game (he's avoiding this issue - it's better to keep running after people using invisibilty spell to get some new documentary material for the forum instead :) )
Sadly, I am sure Jar had no intentions of attacking the King of Minas Morgul and his retinue, but that is what Irk "commanded" him to do when we came for him. If he had been awake, perhaps he would have fled, or he might have pleaded with Irk to account for himself. Perhaps he would have resisted the command to attack. That, however, was not what he did. He paid for his actions with his life. A high justice who fails to realize this basic concept of war? It seems Vingaard has not only fallen in spirit but in military competence as well.

Time grows short for the rabble. The sun soon sets over Vingaard.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/