Guild Activity Discussion

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: Ulric, Knight of the Black Rose

Post by Laurel » 03 Feb 2016 09:13

If the PR of MM would be any of my business, I would cut the current PR manager's contract immediately by now. The last few weeks of posts are just sad.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 03 Feb 2016 09:40

Emraht wrote:
Kvator wrote:What Ulric's doing ... is crappy and I don't like it... I won't do anything with it ... for now since Kvator's...
...in league with the grandmaster of the Black Rose it would seem. Sadly, I must add to the recent regrettable and damning reports of the council of the Solamnicks. Take heart and read on:
Local time : Tue Feb 2 22:46:21 2016
Start time : Thu Jan 28 15:55:42 2016
Up time : 5 days 6 hours 50 minutes 39 seconds
Regular reboot: between 6 days 12 hours and 6 days 18 hours to go.
Memory usage : 38%

A darkened tunnel, its walls covered with fungi, the the ground slick with fetid water and moss.
The tunnels lead northwest-east. A small cavern is south of here. There is a foul stench in the
air.
There are three obvious exits: northwest, east and south.
A well-trained light-brown warhorse with a determined noble male half-elf riding on him, a strong-
armed foul-smelling male goblin, a massive quiet male minotaur, a massive blond-bearded male dwarf
a competent average dark elf, a cave drake and a highly-trained large dark elf.
The massive blond-bearded male dwarf, with the assistance of a determined noble male half-elf, a
strong-armed foul-smelling male goblin and a massive quiet male minotaur, and the competent average
dark elf, aided by a cave drake and a highly-trained large dark elf are fighting each other.
>
The highly-trained large dark elf swings at the massive blond-bearded male dwarf's body with his
black-steel sabre, but his dragon turtle shell protects him.
The cave drake strikes at the massive blond-bearded male dwarf's right arm with his jaws, but his
thick rugged platemail protects him.
The cave drake barely scrapes the massive blond-bearded male dwarf's body with his right claw.
The massive blond-bearded male dwarf swings at the competent average dark elf's body with his
unusual holy crystal axe, but his black chainmail protects him.
The competent average dark elf screams in pain as the massive quiet male minotaur's flaming crystal
axe emits a flame that engulfes his head.
The massive quiet male minotaur pummels the head of the competent average dark elf, his brass
knuckles cracking the bone beneath.
The massive quiet male minotaur cuts the competent average dark elf's head with his flaming crystal
axe.
The massive quiet male minotaur swings at the competent average dark elf's body with his double-
bladed battleaxe, but his black cloak protects him.
The strong-armed foul-smelling male goblin ducks beneath the competent average dark elf's attack,
then leaps forward, slashing at the competent average dark elf's stomach with his sardonyx katana!
The strong-armed foul-smelling male goblin's attack near-fatally wounds the competent average dark
elf!
The strong-armed foul-smelling male goblin swings at the competent average dark elf's body with his
sardonyx katana, but his black cloak protects him.
The massive quiet male minotaur thrusts his regal horns deeply into the competent average dark
elf's left arm, lifting him into the air and tossing his mortally wounded body to the ground in
victory!
The competent average dark elf died.
It comes as no surprise that the neidar thane puts aside his racial hatred of goblins and minotaurs for personal gain. Despite their claims of honour, the neidar are too practical to pass up the opportunity for gain... no matter the cost... no matter the stain. Shame has no meaning in their world.

Despite the events of the past day and the shadow revealed within the hearts of the knights, I find myself taken off guard by how deep that shadow has spread. Although goblins are forbidden with the Solamnic bastion, apparently it is acceptable to ride with them in battle... provided perhaps that it is far enough away from the self-righteous eyes of Paladine... and provided the opportunity is profitable enough. It is hard to turn down an offer to trail the neidar thane whether he is a known knight-slayer or not. It should come as no surprise, but somehow... in some way...

Alas, better days have passed. We are left in places with rabble... with light failing, hope dying... new realities to accept.

Better days...
Got me! Still better than using forum-info to perform actions inside the game (and pretending it's osom RP stuff...damn even bragging about it on boards!).
By the way - you still haven't answered to my questions bout ur past RL-life experiences. Please do share. I am really worried :(

And when we are here talking bout races, maybe you can elaborate a bit about orc-wraiths :) (I assume MMs are allowed to evolve when it fits game realities, but Knights...are not? Why so?)

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 03 Feb 2016 09:56

Emrath

If you are so "logic" maybe you have already noticed that Neidar has racial hatred as you called it ONLY when they fight with goblins, minotaurs, ogres, etc, didn't you? Their eyes will not become red of fury when they see goblins or minotaurs. The same as yours when you see elves, right?
I think, even dead eyes of your char can notice it, and you can understand that someon can hate someone else only if he is his enemy.
I wonder what you would do with Blac Kryn mage who would be an elf, if we would hav white/red/blac mages of Krynn in Genesis? Would you cooperate with him because you have the same point of view or would you kill him at once?

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 03 Feb 2016 12:15

Irk wrote:
Ydred wrote:Haha the metagaming that just happened so Arman removed his post .... to fucking funny.
hehehe yes very funny :D
but still question remains, why orc, gnome can be a Nazgul? :D

As has been said in numerous board posts around the realms, any race aside from the stereotypical West supporters that proves itself worthy can don the black robes of the Morgul Mages. If an Orc can prove he is an exceptional individual, perhaps there is use for him yet. He rose out of the fighting pits and ascended to be His Elite. Gnomes are renowned for their creativity, and not native to Middle Earth. Perhaps the Tower is unaware that they are supposedly good natured? Ahh, but it all comes down to roleplaying. Playing the role.

Something I know you're not overly familiar with ;)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 03 Feb 2016 12:20

If a goblin can prove to Kvator that he is exceptional individual, then Kvator can team with him! Just like Huma and Kaz <3

Still we have issue with usage of forum info inside the game, which is not only against guild rules/stereotypes but is against game rules. So what shall be done with that fellow RP-gurus :)
Last edited by Kvator on 03 Feb 2016 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 03 Feb 2016 12:30

Manglor,

I fully agree with you. But it was Emrath who started talking with whom Knights and Neidars can team with because of their RP basis according to HIS (Emrath's) point of view over RP lory of guilds. So we should have the same standards for all. If he can talk about RP of guilds from other domain, other can talk about RP of His guild from ME domain. I'm sure you will agree with it. Or virus-infected should stop talking about others.
Or at least say it is my (Emrath's, Manglor's player, etc) personal oppinion. And such words I didnt read in any note of this topic.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 03 Feb 2016 13:00

Just a few comments on the rp:

I don't think Rp necessarily locks you entirely into a predestined stereotypical role, but rather how you roleplay your character.

While dwarves of x clan thematically hate y races, A dwarf of said faction may still befriend one of a hostile without ever "breaking the rp" the same way a solamnian knight bay betray the Oath and the Measure behind his grand masters. One is an unlikely friendship, the other is driven by selfish motives or self interest, which is just character flaws or colour. The more important aspect here is IF you roleplay the character for those traits or unlikely friendships.

Examples: Legolas and Gimli(not the strongest example, but their prejudicial positions were not exactly the best ones vs each race), The Solamnian knight Soth, who the gods hammered because some love interest was put before the knighthood (if I remember correctly).

A Solamnian knight do not need to be true to his order or even the Oath of the Measure - he can be tainted, disturbed, corrupted, and all of which do not compromise "RP" in any way as long as the characters plays in respect of those. A knight secretly serving other masters? It can be played out nicely.

Regarding the Morgul Mages; The Genesis version is designed around 'mortals doomed to die', and not men. It breaks the immersion somewhat that it's not only men that can wear a ring since that's the version that is canon, but I assume it was done for playability issues. Else, MM had to be racial (humans) only, else it would not work since the MM council positions are selected from the regular members.

With that said, post-recode of MM do not allow orcs, twisted elves or humans to be nazguls - they are kind of transformed into wraiths. Granted, you can transform an orc or goblin into one in the same way people transform into minotaurs and ogres. It's not the most canon way or perhaps the elegant way, but it doesn't break the RP or the RP potential on the premises upon the guild was coded on.

Whenever an orc or a human was transformed into a nazgul does not mean the wraith now will play or perform his role as one of the Nine poorly. It depends entirely on how that individual play his new role, from the character's perspective and limitations, which is what will define if he is a good RP-er or not.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 Feb 2016 13:08

Kas:
Ranger rules do NOT disallow minotaurs to become Rangers and yet you don't see goblin-made minotaurs in Ranger cloaks, do you? Wonder why ... would the Rangers have outplayed the MMs in terms of being coherent and consistent, even though MMs are made up by long-term RPers and Rangers by a bunch of fresh alts (with few notable exceptions) who wouldn't even pass the simplest tasks as were given out by Zingil or Gothmog?

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 03 Feb 2016 13:29

Laurel wrote:Kas:
Ranger rules do NOT disallow minotaurs to become Rangers and yet you don't see goblin-made minotaurs in Ranger cloaks, do you? Wonder why ... would the Rangers have outplayed the MMs in terms of being coherent and consistent, even though MMs are made up by long-term RPers and Rangers by a bunch of fresh alts (with few notable exceptions) who wouldn't even pass the simplest tasks as were given out by Zingil or Gothmog?
MM do not disallow minotaurs either to my knowledge. With that said, the wast majority of the mages are human. Post-recode, you have some twisted elves gone orcs, but they are minority. There is a gnome or two, 4-5 "elves", and the rest are humans (the guild has like 20+ members or something).

At the same time, how many rangers are gnomes or halflings, or elves? You know, the ranger companies were primarily humans.. :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Emraht

Post by Emraht » 03 Feb 2016 14:19

Just as the chronicles reveal there was never a grandmaster Eagledraco or Ulric, so too does the Society have variations in this world called Genesis. Here an orc proved his role to the Dark Lord time and again year after year until his mortal form faded and little remained but purpose.

This is a sharp contrast to a band of once glorified and renowned knights of virtue, pride, and honour debasing themselves for profit and convenience.

For those of you who believe there is a code that says you are forbidden from playing a role in this forum, you are incorrect. You may or may not as you see fit. I see fit and have no use for posting long, unformatted notes on a primitive portal with an eighty character default line limit where the wall of words falls on poor eyes and goes unread.

The Solamnians have been called forth to reckon and have produced no defense that has not been equally as shameful as the actions that brought shadow upon them.

And so I say better days, better days...

Vingaard is fallen.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/