Guild Activity Discussion

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Ulric, Knight of the Black Rose

Post by Kvator » 01 Feb 2016 21:21

So first of all: It is good to see that decay of Knights is creating some kind of emotions among fellow players (big upgrade from my SS times). The sad/funny part is that few of these 'worried folks' actually participated in this decay and are partially (at least) responsible for it. It won't help with anything so there is no reason to go into details.

Ohh one funny out of topic observation:

When I posted note about Alisa out-of-predefined-ogre-role-RP that I didn't like I got bashed by ppl telling me that people are free to RP what they want (it was like 4 to 1).
Now Emraht posted note about Ulric doing the same. It's completely backward (like 1 to 4) and ppl are telling that Ulric sucks cause he's not acting 'Knightly' the funny part is that there are some ppl stating completely different things in both topics.

What Ulric's doing in this log is crappy and I don't like it (as a puppet-master). I won't do anything with it ingame for now since Kvator's actions are not based on forum knowledge (I am not THAT GREAT RP-wise, sorry :( )

Now to explain why Ulric's GM:
- guild decaying, people were leaving for different reasons (BDA attacks, flaws in application/squirehood process, inactivity of council, maybe also lack of power)
- there were no GM nor council in the guild at one point
- there were two active people in the guild (Ulric and me).
- I can't (and don't see it appropriate) start vote to make myself GM.
- Having GM/council is better than not having one.
- When Ulric was promoted by code to GM he could promote me manually to the council.
- I am able to run the guild somehow (accepting new folks etc) - and this guild is cool (as was mentioned in this topic earlier) thus I want to help it (sur/re)vive

Low standards during application process?

Yeah, I am not the kind of person that want to prevent other people from enjoying content of the game. If a person is active, know some basics at least (lore, technical side of guild) and is willing to learn then there is no reason for me to keep him/her squired for long (this subject will continue below in 'constructive' part of my post).

- yes when somebody's my friend it will be probably easier for him to join the guild (this is what most of the in-game guild leaders do!)
- I am not preventing ppl I do not know from joining (so it's still better than some guilds :)

So! To make this topic constructive at least a bit:

Firstly:

Joining/squirehood process in the Knights is not that great. My idea for change:

-Make it more 'Ranger-like':
1. You are approved to be a Squire by one of the guild leaders
2.1 You make automatic tasks (given by Gunthar?) that will teach you the guild's know-how (secret places, plains and war-system, forge etc). You gain prestige in the process (you won't loose prestige as Squire)
2.2 You do some lore tests - similar to Dunedain guild (most of ppl will google through it of course, but some might have fun in learning Krynn's lore that is actually great).
3. When you'll finish all of tasks/tests you will be ready to be knighted by guild leader.

This would make the process more smooth and less sponsor-dependant (nothing's more crappy than inactive sponsor)

Secondly:

Darkness, evil items etc:
1. Ability to use darkvision by everyone sucks. It should be limited to guilds with such abilities.
2. Inability to use 'evil items' (such as jbs, foul stygion sword etc) could be hard-coded. But something in exchange should be expected (since Knights already lack in power department).

Thirdly:

Knights Council:
1. Do you think there is need for Grand Master position?
2. Or shall it be removed and given to Gunthar for example?
3. I have no opinion on it (yet).

If anyone have ideas for improving the Knights guild it would be appreciated (except for 'close them' ofc :) )
Last edited by Kvator on 01 Feb 2016 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 01 Feb 2016 21:56

Draugor wrote:they dont run around killing their own protected zones going into the complete opposite alignment atleast :P

Yup.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Feb 2016 22:05

Draugor wrote:Oh, I'm quite neutral in that regard, and I understand why you'd say this, beeing that Ody's exact words where "Kvator gave out promotions like candy" about his squirehood :P
*Gasp* Or! Perhaps it was really hard for me and I didn't feel like explaining it? That could be a possibility. And fyi I worked my ass off. Having never left ME getting used to Krynn was incredibly difficult for me. Kvator is a very capable High Justice and isn't the sort to just throw promotions at people.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Feb 2016 22:10

Haha, I love how thats what you're saying now xD You didnt even know the most basic of rules :P

Thats almost as idiotic as running around using the rangers fear undead spell on nazguls in sparkle -.- Seriously, do you even think?

Claiming you got booted from the rangers cause you where loosing gear xD

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Feb 2016 22:19

Draugor wrote:Haha, I love how thats what you're saying now xD You didnt even know the most basic of rules :P

Thats almost as idiotic as running around using the rangers fear undead spell on nazguls in sparkle -.- Seriously, do you even think?

Seeing how I don't owe you any kind of explanation at all..I'll choose to pass on a reply to your very off topic comment. And bow out of this pointless discussion. And since it'll probably help your ego, yes, ^you win! Bad Ody! Bad Ody! Let's burn him at the stake!^

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Feb 2016 22:21

Ody wrote:
Draugor wrote:Haha, I love how thats what you're saying now xD You didnt even know the most basic of rules :P

Seeing how I don't owe you any kind of explanation at all..I'll choose to pass on a reply to your very off topic comment. And bow out of this pointless discussion. And since it'll probably help your ego, yes, ^you win! Bad Ody! Bad Ody! Let's burn him at the stake!^

Actually, its more a "Ody needs to try reating up on guild rules" kinda thing :P

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Feb 2016 22:44

All the drama in knights almost makes me wish i didnt retire Juliana.
Just for the entertainment.

Also Kvator.
Tbh you should have been GM if anyone now.
As I see it, you keep the guild in a state of survival(tag you're it! Hope you don't burn out like I did).
Get rid of Ulric. He is useless. Always has been and that's why he never made it past Crown Order.

If you need any mechanics advice, just poke me here.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 01 Feb 2016 22:50

Personally I believe that what BDA is doing is extremely bad rp. Evil in this case is not a cackling sadist torturing a small elven child (see morgul mage rp). The BDA, I think, is an mercenary army created for one thing and one thing only. It has nothing to do with Calians, psuchae, elementals or monks. Its there to conquer krynn so the dark clerics can release their dark queen.

Its an army and they are disciplined and they have a goal. They are not supposed to be a loose gun that just to kill everyone(see AA rp).

btw I had a one month application and another month of being a squire with Eagledraco.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Feb 2016 22:51

What RP?
They are just bringers of war and strife :P
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Feb 2016 00:20

Amberlee wrote:All the drama in knights almost makes me wish i didnt retire Juliana.
Just for the entertainment.

Also Kvator.
Tbh you should have been GM if anyone now.
As I see it, you keep the guild in a state of survival(tag you're it! Hope you don't burn out like I did).
Get rid of Ulric. He is useless. Always has been and that's why he never made it past Crown Order.

If you need any mechanics advice, just poke me here.
as High Justice I am able to do all the things necessary,
GM acting unknightly is disturbing ofc, but as I said I have not confronted/talked with Ulric about it ingame (Kvator have no idea about it) and I prefer to keep such things ingame.

and reminder: If anyone have ideas for guild improvements (both codewise and 'playerwise') it's nice place/moment to share these. We got official stats from Gorboth (where Knights sucks) and now we got negative comments from community (about Knights sucking). Guild is cool and have great potential. Maybe one of the wizards will be eager to do something with it (I offer my help with ideas/some descriptions ofc - but remember that some kind of proofreading will be required here, since english ain't my mother tongue :) )

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/