Secret Society Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: Secret Society Recode

Post by Kvator » 13 Mar 2016 16:16

It's funny to see MM complaining about gamebreaking stuff :)

But current stealing system being crap is true ofc (that's is the reason why i proposed to change it internally within recoded SS)

Now I see it got moderated...well whatever :)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 13 Mar 2016 16:59

What if the amount of object stolen is a diceroll? 1d10 for example?

The thing I am trying to adress is: Genesis should move away from abilties and features that circumvent ac/resistances/normal combatrules to incapacitate or put a player or an opponent out of the game.

It doesn't matter what guild who has it, or what guild that is the victim, it's about the principe of having such pathways in the game alltogether.

Scop/MM/necros/worshippers/Pot - all casters, would probably not like the idea that someone could make them obsolete by pushing a button while stealthed. No combat involved, no direct pvp challenge involved.

Imagine if PoT could remove Calians ability to execute their specials indefinitely, or AA the ability to remove Ranger brawl by simply pushing a button?

Or glatiators an ability that renders Su's ability to use special attacks or to wield knives/daggers alltogether?

It's stuff like these we should strive to avoid. There are so many pathways and abilities you can make that doesn't ruin combat, that is a part of the normal combat system.

Makes sense?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Mar 2016 20:13

Lets see, we need to fix thievery... agreed, sneak aswell, or atleast the INSANE inflation of awareness and awareness items :P ALong with Hoopak skill tbh

I aint going to touch the rest you said cause I've derailed way to many topics before :P

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Mar 2016 20:37

Kas: I think you're assuming a lot of things now, maybe based on some bad information and old stories, that perhaps have been exaggerated, or that you remember wrong. And considering sneaky skills like steal and borrow are kind of meant to be a bit secret, I think it would be good if you contacted Mirandus and/or me directly and we can discuss your concerns.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 13 Mar 2016 22:02

Kas, you are mages? Can you tell more ways to disable you guild? Taking no notes here I promise is just curious. Any other guild that is so vulnerable also is interest.

For topic I think is great a stel guild gets attention. These race are funny even if trouble.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 14 Mar 2016 09:47

How about adding and optional fighter/ranger lay guild with just ekstra combat or fighter like abilities?
Don't seem like a lot of work just the ability and perhaps some skills.
It would go along way as ooc thief(kenders are not thieves, and you are rude to suggest this,and kenders don't steal) seems to be abit on the week side ability wise.
Kenders are fierce fighters. Anybody on the wrong end of a kenders hoopak will tell you so.
Oh yes it seem abit wrong that people can spot ranger/thief while not being of such persuasion, in the good old days it worked like it was supposed to.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 Mar 2016 04:03

Clearly, the fix to Kas' concerns is to change the steal mechanic as it interacts with heaped objects. It should steal a *single* item from a heap, not the heap itself.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Mar 2016 10:53

Tbh, pouches etc, should be "cuttable" cutting a beltpouch from someone that knows how to steal and has a good dagger shouldnt be a problem and was a common way of thieving during the times when they used pouches, sacks etc, hence cutpurse :P

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 16 Mar 2016 18:21

Draugor wrote:Tbh, pouches etc, should be "cuttable" cutting a beltpouch from someone that knows how to steal and has a good dagger shouldnt be a problem and was a common way of thieving during the times when they used pouches, sacks etc, hence cutpurse :P
You create the same or even worse dysfunctional problem as with stealing entire heaps with a push of a button. :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Mar 2016 20:14

Kas wrote:
Draugor wrote:Tbh, pouches etc, should be "cuttable" cutting a beltpouch from someone that knows how to steal and has a good dagger shouldnt be a problem and was a common way of thieving during the times when they used pouches, sacks etc, hence cutpurse :P
You create the same or even worse dysfunctional problem as with stealing entire heaps with a push of a button. :)

Why must you be like this? So negative? :P

Also, you wanted stuff to be more realistic ;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/