Adventuresome Hobbits Mail

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Samuel
Apprentice

Adventuresome Hobbits Mail

Post by Samuel » 15 Mar 2016 03:18

Hopefully this is the right place to post this as none of the other boards looked right. I'm having a small problem with the mail system in the Adventuresome Hobbits Guild. It tells me "There is mail for you in the post office of the Adventuresome Hobbits Guild". Except there isn't unless I'm blind. It tells me the same thing every time I log in. I've looked for an unread mail several times but cannot locate one. Any chance someone could look into this just for the sake of fixing a tiny bug?

Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Adventuresome Hobbits Mail

Post by Irk » 15 Mar 2016 03:35

but it doesnt say There is NEW mail for you in the post office of the Adventuresome Hobbits Guild
It informs you that you have mail, but not new ones.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Mar 2016 03:36

Samuel wrote:Hopefully this is the right place to post this as none of the other boards looked right. I'm having a small problem with the mail system in the Adventuresome Hobbits Guild. It tells me "There is mail for you in the post office of the Adventuresome Hobbits Guild". Except there isn't unless I'm blind. It tells me the same thing every time I log in. I've looked for an unread mail several times but cannot locate one. Any chance someone could look into this just for the sake of fixing a tiny bug?
I think what you are seeing is the common message from post offices when you have _any_ mail in your mailbox. Read or not. If you have unread mail it says "There is unread mail in...." and for new mail the message is "You have NEW mail...".

Edit: Oh, Irk beat me to it.

Samuel
Apprentice

Post by Samuel » 15 Mar 2016 03:39

See, I knew there was a simple answer that would make me feel stupid. Thank you gentlemen.

Cherek, I would agree that this message is confusing. Perhaps we can remove the 'you have mail' message and leave only the 'you have new mail' message? I already know I have mail because I read it. Otherwise it would still say I have new mail.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 15 Mar 2016 04:12

Make a trigger that colors the text red when there is NEW mail.

Pattern: *(Message indicating NEW mail)*
Switch to JS and enter:
gwc.output.color("red");

It should work. Probably. Maybe.
*shrug*

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Mar 2016 13:44

Samuel wrote:See, I knew there was a simple answer that would make me feel stupid. Thank you gentlemen.

Cherek, I would agree that this message is confusing. Perhaps we can remove the 'you have mail' message and leave only the 'you have new mail' message? I already know I have mail because I read it. Otherwise it would still say I have new mail.
That would probably make more sense, and be more similar to "normal" mail. Maybe it's something Mercade wants to look into one day. We should keep the unread message though I think? New if you got mail this login, and unread if you have messages from previous logins not yet read?

Samuel
Apprentice

Post by Samuel » 15 Mar 2016 19:40

Cherek wrote:That would probably make more sense, and be more similar to "normal" mail. Maybe it's something Mercade wants to look into one day. We should keep the unread message though I think? New if you got mail this login, and unread if you have messages from previous logins not yet read?
That would make sense to me.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/