Wizarding School of Krynn

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Etanukar
Adept

Wizarding School of Krynn

Post by Etanukar » 21 Jul 2016 18:48

Any updates as yet? The playertesters do not appear on the who list anymore, so I am ASSuming that that phase is complete.
Yes, I know, (insert canned answers like it takes time, etc)

Draugor
Myth

Re: Wizarding School of Krynn

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2016 19:25

Etanukar wrote:Any updates as yet? The playertesters do not appear on the who list anymore, so I am ASSuming that that phase is complete.
Yes, I know, (insert canned answers like it takes time, etc)

Etanukar switching from the tower eh? xD

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 22 Jul 2016 00:15

The main part of the test is basically done, but some testers still test things now and then, so the characters still used. As for an update on the status, Arman is the best one to answer any details, but it's currently being reviewed by the AoB and stuff are being tweaked based on feedback. We hope it'll be ready before Christmas!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Jul 2016 05:54

Hey Etanukar,

First phase of beta testing is completed, and first round of balance checks are being conducted. The balance checks are quite robust, there is a lot to test that is quite new, and it is finding some interesting issues with the new magic system which we are also looking at resolving in parallel. There are a couple of aspects of the magic system we are looking at enhancing or re-designing. Because of all that - and because I want to manage player expectations - I am reluctant to give an opening date or a whole lot of detail about the guild just yet.

One thing I will say though is that once this review is finished it should be a lot easier to create, refresh or balance guilds that use magic... Something that has been notoriously hard to do in the past.

And I think the Genesis community will enjoy this guild addition to the mix when it opens :).

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2016 12:30

why this instead of proper wohs? imma just curious.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Jul 2016 13:15

Kvator wrote:why this instead of proper wohs? imma just curious.
Worth pointing out the SoHM is the precursor to the WoHS. There will be a WoHS... although I don't expect that is likely to open until the latter half of 2017 (maybe earlier, maybe later... but the base code is all there... i just have other priorities to work on after SoHM before building on it) ). You can't sit the Test to become a WoHS without doing your apprenticeship through the SoHM.

Conceptually, this is my thinking.

The WoHS will have a leadership structure and Council. SoHM won't. Look at the latter as the magical equivalent of the mercenaries, allowing greater freedom of play style and roleplay that won't be limited by guild rules outside of the guildhall.

SoHM will be occupational, and will allow flexibility with layman guild choices. Again, allowing for flexibility in playstyles. Beta testers have already found some pretty interesting combinations of guilds that complement each other quite nicely for very different playing experiences.

WoHS will be occupational and layman. You will be committing yourself fully to your magic and an Order of High Sorcery.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 22 Jul 2016 14:28

Sounds like a great addition to the game. Looking forward to seeing it open for the members of our community.

Thanks for all the work you've put into it.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 22 Jul 2016 15:16

Sounds pretty awesome. Thanks for the info; was just curious.

No, Etan is not leaving the tower, just ever on the lookout for new guilds to corrupt and minions to collect.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2016 15:17

Arman wrote:
Kvator wrote:why this instead of proper wohs? imma just curious.
Worth pointing out the SoHM is the precursor to the WoHS. There will be a WoHS... although I don't expect that is likely to open until the latter half of 2017 (maybe earlier, maybe later... but the base code is all there... i just have other priorities to work on after SoHM before building on it) ). You can't sit the Test to become a WoHS without doing your apprenticeship through the SoHM.

Conceptually, this is my thinking.

The WoHS will have a leadership structure and Council. SoHM won't. Look at the latter as the magical equivalent of the mercenaries, allowing greater freedom of play style and roleplay that won't be limited by guild rules outside of the guildhall.

SoHM will be occupational, and will allow flexibility with layman guild choices. Again, allowing for flexibility in playstyles. Beta testers have already found some pretty interesting combinations of guilds that complement each other quite nicely for very different playing experiences.

WoHS will be occupational and layman. You will be committing yourself fully to your magic and an Order of High Sorcery.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. :)
rare situation - wizard's answer met my expectations!

Cool!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/