Khiraa

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Khiraa

Post by gorboth » 31 Oct 2016 22:39

Khiraa isn't in any forseeable pipeline, sorry. If Sarr himself wants to come talk to me, I'd listen. Barring that, I'm not letting anyone touch them.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 31 Oct 2016 23:01

nils wrote:Firstly, the caster guilds can always off any one player or npc with a few nukes or poison. The trade off is that it drains so much resources that there's no chance a caster can "nuke for progress", making it (really) difficult to grind.
I could name a couple of former mages that sure do seem to have put the lie to that...
nils wrote:Secondly, (truly sorry guys, I invoke a cliche) great power comes with great responsibility. Many victims of the morgul mages might disagree, but I'm convinced the Tower does not go out on a killing spree "for fun". Players who've been murdered by a mage deserved it, somehow.
Agree about killing sprees. Disagree about reasoning. If they did start mass-murdering denizens of the donut, they would be nerfed into oblivion, or closed. I am pretty sure we can point to a pretty good example of that. Just because they don't use the power, doesn't make it more agreeable that they have it and no one else does.
gorboth wrote:Khiraa isn't in any forseeable pipeline, sorry. If Sarr himself wants to come talk to me, I'd listen. Barring that, I'm not letting anyone touch them.
Well golly, why not just delete the code then? Your intention here certainly seems to be that they never see the light of day again.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 31 Oct 2016 23:54

Dread wrote:Well golly, why not just delete the code then? Your intention here certainly seems to be that they never see the light of day again.
We are far too nostalgic for that!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Titan

Post by Avatar » 01 Nov 2016 13:58

gorboth wrote:Khiraa isn't in any forseeable pipeline, sorry. If Sarr himself wants to come talk to me, I'd listen. Barring that, I'm not letting anyone touch them.

G.
I miss Sarr and his mortal toon as well :(
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 03 Nov 2016 09:43

G.

One cannot ask for a more concise answer. However, now is no different from the last time maybe Genesis' most interesting guild got shut down; the decision was made by the higher uppers, and no one gets to know (the real) why.

And oh, can moderator please move the archer high-jack to a separate thread? Thanks.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Nov 2016 18:15

Archers discussion moved here: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... =35&t=3749

Not sure what happened to the "discussion" about the Solamnic Knights, those posts seem to have disappeared. Weird!

Anyway, feel free to carry on discussing Khiraa!

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 06 Jan 2021 00:35

Cherek wrote:
03 Nov 2016 18:15
Anyway, feel free to carry on discussing Khiraa!

So is it happening soon?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 06 Jan 2021 11:27

It is hypothetically easy to port it to new codebase though and bring it up to modern standards (I already refurbished parts of their guildhall) - I could do it in just a matter of a couple of days (actual developmenttime), but it would largely depend on administrative decisions and possibly questions that must be answered, like - do we need more occ guilds vs playerbase? We certainly could need more melee-style laymans, but Khiraa is a full-blown lay + occ combination (depending on lichpriest / deathknight direction).

Cherek et al would need to judge/add input on this.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 06 Jan 2021 12:53

Nerull wrote:
06 Jan 2021 11:27
We certainly could need more melee-style laymans, but Khiraa is a full-blown lay + occ combination (depending on lichpriest / deathknight direction).
I think a Khiraa return would be amazing. A full-blown lay+occ melee guild is something we've not seen and would be very interesting.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 06 Jan 2021 13:30

I like where this is heading!
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/