Archers

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Re: Archers

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 03 Nov 2016 20:37

Woohoo!
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 04 Nov 2016 01:13

actually it s a hope i have that one day archers could attack another from another room or from an ambush room or that if an archer attacks one in the same room he or she will not be damaged too much by the attack of the other, since they are further away from the enemy. Ive seen this in other games, where archers could hide better behind rocks or something. Its the only benefit an archer would have irl.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Nov 2016 06:13

gold bezie wrote:actually it s a hope i have that one day archers could attack another from another room or from an ambush room or that if an archer attacks one in the same room he or she will not be damaged too much by the attack of the other, since they are further away from the enemy. Ive seen this in other games, where archers could hide better behind rocks or something. Its the only benefit an archer would have irl.

FUll blown from another room would make it into an INSANE balanse issue unless it came with a gigantic drawback tbh, especially on our more... immobile mobs

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 04 Nov 2016 07:15

Draugor wrote:
gold bezie wrote:actually it s a hope i have that one day archers could attack another from another room or from an ambush room or that if an archer attacks one in the same room he or she will not be damaged too much by the attack of the other, since they are further away from the enemy. Ive seen this in other games, where archers could hide better behind rocks or something. Its the only benefit an archer would have irl.
FUll blown from another room would make it into an INSANE balanse issue unless it came with a gigantic drawback tbh, especially on our more... immobile mobs
Perhaps some sort of sniper skill where you have to hide and stay immobile for a while and possibly with a long cooldown..
Or perhaps a barrage that could (Has a chance to) hit all targets in an adjacent room..

Interesting thought.. Definitely very powerful..

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 04 Nov 2016 13:57

Ofcourse i wasnt thinking of a full blown... that would be insane. I was thinking more in line of roleplay, when one hits you from another room one would be hurt a little bit, and because of it being from another room one has to be a good archer to hit one succesfully. Or like the idea's of Melaric.

Would be amazing if the Ansalon Archers had more real power. Then it would become a good layman guild for some of the rangers too.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Nov 2016 16:03

Celephias, if I recall, once had useful ideas about the Archers, but I can't remember what thread that was in. It was many years ago.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 04 Nov 2016 16:24

gorboth wrote:Celephias, if I recall, once had useful ideas about the Archers, but I can't remember what thread that was in. It was many years ago.

G.
I believe that this is the most complete of all the Archers' threads so far.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/