Dragonarmy revisited

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Dragonarmy revisited

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 07 May 2017 16:16

wow

Everyone hating on the AA.. I guess I should join in to try and lobby for a buff.
But I actually like the guild.

I would even go as far as to say that the issue of the percieved power levels probably has a lot to do with weapon balance.
Like making the runie a non dulling weapon!? That was just wow...
The same ppl that nerfed the blackened whip.
Polearms there is probably only one that can even come close.

Combine the runnie with another very dmging sword plus BDA probably has tons of haste gear including the boots from their neighbour.
And yeah that is sic..very very sic almost SU sic lol

Put them all in gear that is forged by players probably not a huge difference between any of them.
I cant imagine the balance team can hope to account for every gearing choice, but the realities of resulting descrepencies in real life balance are players voting with their feet.

To compete with a geared up bda the rda would need same broken good haste gear plus to able to wield serrated halberd plus ancient dragon one.
Or have their special buffed to reflect the realistic gearing options
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 May 2017 17:17

Tarax the Terrible wrote:wow

Everyone hating on the AA.. I guess I should join in to try and lobby for a buff.

I would even go as far as to say that the issue of the percieved power levels probably has a lot to do with weapon balance.

Combine the runnie with another very dmging sword plus BDA probably has tons of haste gear including the boots from their neighbour.

Put them all in gear that is forged by players probably not a huge difference between any of them.
I cant imagine the balance team can hope to account for every gearing choice, but the realities of resulting descrepencies in real life balance are players voting with their feet.

To compete with a geared up bda the rda would need same broken good haste gear plus to able to wield serrated halberd plus ancient dragon one.
Are you sure the runie is a non-dulling weapon? How long was it since you checked one out?

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 07 May 2017 17:32

Runie dulls.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 May 2017 18:24

Cherek wrote:
Tarax the Terrible wrote:wow

Are you sure the runie is a non-dulling weapon? How long was it since you checked one out?

It dulls, it was recoded f or a few months, then it was remade to the old dulling version again, so if you remember it differently, thats before the second recode of it.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 07 May 2017 18:38

wow re Runnie retracted then lol

The weapon balance plus haste etc effecting power of the special attack thing...
Who knows apart from the wizzies, but the most "holy shit" fights I have seen in game have nearly always involved runies and extra haste gear. Like smaller players beating the crap out of a well geared myth vampire. Plus the second team of players who came to help the vamp. lol

A long time ago when Bildor was general of the Blue we did our own balance tests vs knights in arena, think it was me v Chade.
With low level gear Knight won, high lvl gear BDA won convincingly. I was better statted tho.

Its v cool all these things can have dramatic effects. Just makes balancing them a lot harder job than I would want to have.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 May 2017 21:07

Cherek wrote:Isn't it a bit early to make that bold prediction Amberlee, even for you?:)

The idea here is really the opposite - make both wings equally strong and playable, not make BDA unplayable. Give it a chance first. And if the recode ends up killing the BDA and not helping RDA, you're entitled to one "I told you so!" Just one though!

Pointing out obvious pitfalls and flaws as I see them.
I may not be BDA anymore, but I don't want the evil side to die out.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 May 2017 21:09

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote: The problem here is.
You basically kill the ONLY viable evil fighter guild in the game for the powerplayers.
That means you kill the evil side off.
I think it's actually the opposite. The proposed changes will make all the evil fighters guilds a viable option for players, powerplayers included. The choice for players will come down to play style preference.
Amberlee wrote: ...the ONLY viable evil fighter guild in the game
I don't feel the BDA is the only viable melee guild. It is definitely the MOST viable by a long way because of the way the guild's abilities are set up and the skills it offers. In my mind, that has resulted in it being the guild that all players who want to play an evil character gravitate to... to the detriment of the Army of Angmar and RDA.

Anyway, the changes to BDA won't make them unviable. The changes may not suit powerplayers if their guild choice is all about min/maxxing and optimisation, although I feel the proposed changes will open up other customisation options that could be leveraged by those players.

And I do want to say I appreciate the discussion on the topic. Some of the ideas i really like, such as opening up the option of weapon choice and altering the offensive specials to focus more on the damage type (slashing weapons for slash, impaling weapons for impale). The role of two-handed weapons vs one-handed / shield vs two one-handed weapons? And maybe even opening the door to flexibility in skill training to cater to defensive or offensive preference? Anyway, happy for the discussion to continue.

Ok yeah.
RDA is not viable.
The guild absolutely sucks.
And the same goes for Angmar.
They have LOW playability as it is and the members of said guilds must love to torture themselves.
This is comming from someone who mainly has been in melee guild as an elf for the larger part of the genesis career.
Which itself is masochism.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 09 May 2017 16:11

Amberlee, I must admit I'm a bit confused.

From what I've read, Arman plans to even out the power between the BDA and RDA, making them equally as powerful with a few tweaks to the specials, ect... how would that kill the evil side off?

This is a genuine question. I'm not really sure what is making you think that.

In the end I like to think that we all (yes, wizards too) want the guilds of Genesis to succeed, regardless of alignment. Therefore I personally don't believe that any of the wizards today would go through with such a big change like this unless they knew that the outcome would be good overall. There is also the factor that, I don't know about you, but I've never had a wizard, and there are a lot of internal things in the code that anyone who hasn't had a wizard, would never know about.

As a Knight I'd really like to see the RDA get some more action. It would shake things up and make it more interesting. Empty guilds are upsetting to see because if given a chance a wizard and a few dedicated players could really turn things around for it- hence why, for example, I've stuck with the Heralds all this time. :) I think this would be good for the RDA as well as guilds like AA because less of a focus would be put on the BDA due to it being so much more powerful.

Just my opinion, and you are welcome to disagree.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 May 2017 04:04

Yes, obviously the idea is that all guilds should be viable choices. The fact that BDA is the DA of choice, and the RDA are almost extinct, and has been for a long time, is something we'd like to fix. Having been a player in both guilds I am pretty aware of the issues, and when Arman showed up with an idea to fix it, I was all for it. It's good you share your concerns Amberlee, we do listen. I've seen Arman's plans in detail though, and I don't think it will have a bad effect on the BDA at all. I think it'll be a good change for both guilds.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 10 May 2017 08:16

Cherek wrote: we do listen.
Army of Angmar.

(Feel like I'm on repeat here.. )
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/