Dragonarmy revisited

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Dragonarmy revisited

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 May 2017 18:55

Boreaulam wrote:I remember days when team of 5 RDAs instakilled trolls in Trallshaws and instakilled the whole team of minos in Icewall. It was awesome for RDA but definitely overpower
IMHO Its fine as long as there is a cooldown. Even if its a short one.
Takes a considerable effort to gather a team that powerful.
In practice it is one free wave of specials, and aggressive npcs are not everywhere so have at it.
Clearing Icewall minos in one wave of specials.. Sure you are remembering right, I would think it would need like at least a team of double figures good sized RDA?

Wonder if the kenders had a cooldown added when they got it..
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 30 May 2017 23:05

Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Boreaulam wrote:I remember days when team of 5 RDAs instakilled trolls in Trallshaws and instakilled the whole team of minos in Icewall. It was awesome for RDA but definitely overpower
In practice it is one free wave of specials, and aggressive npcs are not everywhere so have at it.
Clearing Icewall minos in one wave of specials.. Sure you are remembering right, I would think it would need like at least a team of double figures good sized RDA?

I dunno who is giving you info but its not that accurate. There was no cool down on the old RDA auto impale. You would get attacked, leave the room, re enter and it would trigger again. On EVERYONE that attacked you, not just the first one.

And Kenders never got the exact same thing either. If they did you can bet your ass there would be about 500 kenders running around these days.
Last edited by Cerin on 31 May 2017 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 30 May 2017 23:28

yes to kender had auto-impale
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 31 May 2017 02:18

Sykil wrote:yes to kender had auto-impale
A version of it, auto impale wasnt just ripped from RDA and planted in the Kenders.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 31 May 2017 12:58

Are you sure it was kenders who got auto-impale? I never had that, as a kender.
I did have it in the Thornlin Militia, though.

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 31 May 2017 13:11

it used to be

you attack this kender. you are take damage and stun

i have log. no to share
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 03 Jun 2017 15:22

Tarax the Terrible wrote:

Hey, there's a subject I can weigh in on!

Our autoimpale got nerfed almost immediately, or shortly thereafter when we started recruiting people after testing. It was really powerful, in numbers it was quite deadly.

It wasn't hard to get a big RDA team on, either, since the people who were first in the guild were Hawk, myself, Mozart, Vlady, Hokus, Purple, Frajola, Gector, Endora, Khayman, Beldin, Stryder, Caldin, Hades, Smokey, Nalfein, Bueradin, Jakle, Lethe, Mortimor, Rugogold, Sarif, Darth and Funky (I only remember this cause I wrote it down back then :). And that was before people like Monika, Lindros

I think everyone except for me was pretty huge at the time, and all were very active (Hawk had to disappear due to rl issues though).

I remember when out of 100+ online players in gen it wouldn't be uncommon to see 20 RDAs on and not idle, either.

As far as Thornlin militia equivalent of auto-impale, it was a copy of pre-nerf RDA autompale (and militia being a layman guild, too).

I got dragged out of retirement in 2006 to raise up the issue with the wizards and it was confirmed, not sure if anything happened with militia's autoimpale after that though.

As for balance of the guild right now, I'm pretty much the only member around, so that has to mean something :)
edit: From re-reading the first post by Arman here, maybe RDA can have a possibility of occupying both occ and lay slots? That would fix the stardust accountants negligence :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 04 Jun 2017 03:29

Zugzug wrote: edit: From re-reading the first post by Arman here, maybe RDA can have a possibility of occupying both occ and lay slots? That would fix the stardust accountants negligence :)
That isn't something I'd actually considered. But you are right, that could address the stardust issue! I'll think on it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 04 Jun 2017 23:51

Fun to read your post and remember older times, Zugzug. Great to see you around again, too! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Aug 2017 17:30

Will try this again.

Please don't change the BDA and relocate the juice to things that only work outdoors.
This will kill the guild.
Here are some fun facts for you.
Of the big grinders, only TWO of them are outdoors..

By doing what you plan you effectively kill the only evil guild with real oomph enough to challenge goodie guilds.
You will ruin the grinding capability of the guild.
The nerf itself is ginormous to BDA.
For RDA though it is a huge boost.

But if you want to make sure that evils have no place left in Genesis.
Go right ahead..
Was already headed that way anyway.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/