Dragonarmy revisited

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
mallor
Rising Hero

Re: Dragonarmy revisited

Post by mallor » 15 Aug 2017 07:32

RDA will be attrractive once taken out of their current miserable state, where 1/2 myth RDA is forced to run from 1/2 champ knight. They've got a new active and charismatic general now, so once put on par with BDA/knights people WILL go RDA. I'll be first of them, for the old times sake.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 15 Aug 2017 09:19

Arman wrote:I'll have a think about it Nils.

What I might start off doing is implementing the changes to the RDA and see if their quality of life improves to the point where they met my intention with the re-balancing... that they are comparable with the knights and BDA. If I find their quality of life makes them equally attractive a guild as BDA then I may not need to make further changes that impacts slash.

Intimidate will still go. So whatever way you look at it, there will be some element of a nerf.

As for getting rid of dragons, sure I could do that. But then they wouldn't be the dragonarmies. If i was to go down that path now of creating the guild from scratch, HOW I'd do that is make the entire guild layman, and you'd need to sign up as a free mercenary. But that isn't going to happen :)
I like that plan! Especially the part that makes RDA a viable choice for peeps :)

Speaking of intimidate and dragonfear - am I correct in understanding that no matter how many generals/high officers/officers we may assemble at the moment, the dragonfear from our dragons is not the same as dragonfear from genpop npc dragons? I.e. doesn't ever freeze things anymore? That sounds like a cheap trick, kind of like introduction of intimidate ;)

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 15 Aug 2017 09:52

What I might start off doing is implementing the changes to the RDA and see if their quality of life improves to the point where they met my intention with the re-balancing... that they are comparable with the knights and BDA. If I find their quality of life makes them equally attractive a guild as BDA then I may not need to make further changes that impacts slash.

Intimidate will still go. So whatever way you look at it, there will be some element of a nerf.
I like this plan. I am much calmer already!

I am still a firm believer of that if something goes out, something else must fill the void left behind. You say you will make RDA comparable to Knights. Fantastic! That, to me, means you've also got a thought about upgrading BDA to "knight level". I see good things in the future now. :)
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2017 11:16

Losing intimidate isn't that much of a loss anyway.
But I just wanted to say.
Bringing down BDA to make RDA more attractive is NOT the way to go regardless of popularity of the guilds.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Aug 2017 12:54

nils wrote:

I like this plan. I am much calmer already!

I am still a firm believer of that if something goes out, something else must fill the void left behind. You say you will make RDA comparable to Knights. Fantastic! That, to me, means you've also got a thought about upgrading BDA to "knight level". I see good things in the future now. :)
Any aid you got from intimidate would be put into your dragon attacks... so I should have probably qualified my above statement that "there will be some element of a nerf" when indoors.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Aug 2017 13:02

Amberlee wrote:

Bringing down BDA to make RDA more attractive is NOT the way to go regardless of popularity of the guilds.
I don't see it as bringing down the BDA, its more about having a working ratio of direct damage attacks vs guild dragon features. For the BDA it is skewed terribly away from the latter. Getting rid of intimidate will help move it more in the direction of where i'd like the ratio. Whether that will be enough I am not sure, but we can see. We'll also have the RDA as an example of what I am aiming to achieve as a comparison.

Out of curiousity, what do you think is a reasonable ratio?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Aug 2017 13:08

Amberlee wrote: Another issue with alocating the oomph to dragons is they will get hurt the same way as to why Glads kinda suck.
A special that don't factor in weapon quality.. This is a bad thing and a way should be found to factor that into the equation.
Just want to flag that there are a lot of assumptions here that you should perhaps do some testing of.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2017 13:23

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:

I don't see it as bringing down the BDA, its more about having a working ratio of direct damage attacks vs guild dragon features. For the BDA it is skewed terribly away from the latter. Getting rid of intimidate will help move it more in the direction of where i'd like the ratio. Whether that will be enough I am not sure, but we can see. We'll also have the RDA as an example of what I am aiming to achieve as a comparison.

Out of curiousity, what do you think is a reasonable ratio?

How you see it doesn't really affect the end result thought.
How I see it.
Keep dragons out of the equation and save it for a layman option.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Aug 2017 13:47

Amberlee wrote: How you see it doesn't really affect the end result thought.
How I see it.
The only way dragons will be taken away is if the guild is closed. If your only interest is in maximising combat benefit without any consideration for domain thematics, then this guild isn't for you.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2017 14:47

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote: How you see it doesn't really affect the end result thought.
How I see it.
The only way dragons will be taken away is if the guild is closed. If your only interest is in maximising combat benefit without any consideration for domain thematics, then this guild isn't for you.

The guild isn't for me anyway.
The guild is for those who want to be a part of the dragonarmies and keep evil alive in the game.
All I do is hope you listen to those who actually play the game.

As for thematics.
Thematics are good.
Thematics are important.
But it should NEVER come at the expense of playability.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/