Tutorial Patrol Guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Tutorial Patrol Guild

Post by gorboth » 15 May 2017 20:36

I've added an anvil in the tutorial Patrol Guild that allows players to <mark> items to safeguard against rack looters. It is much like the one in the Mercenary guild. In any case, if you hear newbies worried about people selling things that get put in their guildrack, let them know this is now available.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Re: Tutorial Patrol Guild

Post by Sibbedidenn » 18 May 2017 18:33

Thank you so much, the PGS needed that.

after note: And it works like a dream...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 May 2017 19:54

Making items unsellable only removes half the problem.
The other side of the coin is bigger people taking good items and keeping for themselves in hidden caches.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 21 May 2017 20:27

Amberlee wrote:Making items unsellable only removes half the problem.
The other side of the coin is bigger people taking good items and keeping for themselves in hidden caches.
Theyre talking about the tutorial island, everyones a Novice/Beginner. Unless newbies are stashing black longswords somewhere in a 100 room area with no hide skills...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 May 2017 21:57

Well there is an easy solution to that.
Make the quests hand out some basic stuff that saves on you til you leave the tutorial.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 May 2017 22:06

I think the point of the guild is to introduce newbies to way the rest of Genesis works. Not teach them that weapons will save on them in the tutorial.. and then strip that away once they get out into the world. It would become an inconsistent education and defeat the purpose of the idea of a tutorial.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 May 2017 22:43

tbh the tutorial really doesn't prepare you for Genesis as a whole.
It just gives you a start to familiarize yourself with the commands and the basics of looting, selling, questing and exploration.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 21 May 2017 23:04

Explain to me... how do you think giving them weapons/gear that will save on them help prepare them for a wider world that doesnt?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 21 May 2017 23:23

Id rather just see non-magical items under a certain amount of armour or hit/pen just save globally rather then just the Tutorial Zone. However, what was added works just fine for them now. When I went to help someone yesterday the racks actually had weapons in them so it's doing its job.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 22 May 2017 01:06

It seems like a good idea, but with that and auto saving racks you would soon end up with hundreds of items to sort through. Plus the free mistform weapons in sparkle church kinda helps with the same issue.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/