Beastmasters Guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Luma
Adept

Beastmasters Guild

Post by Luma » 24 May 2017 00:48

I have heard about this new guild and wanted to know more about it. I am really interested to hear about what is being planned for this guild.

Arman
Wizard

Re: Beastmasters Guild

Post by Arman » 24 May 2017 04:54

It is a pretty cool layman guild concept being developed by the wizard Carnak.

Essentially you take on an animal companion... usually one that is quite young... who grows with you as you grow, and provides a support role in combat among other things. The range of animal companion options are quite broad... however there is no place you just go to join and get your custom animal... there are no pet shops :). These are wild animals you need to find then and tame.

So that is the concept. The code work is about half done by my estimate, although has been on the back burner for a while, as Carnak has been working on the revamping of the Kender occupational guild and Elven Archers. So I can't provide any ETA, or even any guarantee that it will ever get to opening... I think it would surprise a lot of players the amount of half completed code that litters the domains!

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 24 May 2017 05:04

*Ranger drools* Halfway is halfway, we can hope!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 May 2017 10:29

Arman wrote: I think it would surprise a lot of players the amount of half completed code that litters the domains!
I think we have more half-finished content than we have finished! Probably enough to make Genesis 2. Or half of it anyway.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 May 2017 15:12

Since I doubt the Jabberwock is an actual beast I call dibs on the Giant Anaconda from Holm.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 May 2017 15:46

I'd tame Tarax :D getting the filthiest beast anywhere ;)

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 24 May 2017 15:54

If you teach me, I will help! I'd love to!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 24 May 2017 15:59

Draugor wrote:I'd tame Tarax :D getting the filthiest beast anywhere ;)
Lol touché
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 May 2017 18:46

Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Draugor wrote:I'd tame Tarax :D getting the filthiest beast anywhere ;)
Lol touché

:D This is why you love me :)

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 24 May 2017 20:35

Would beastmasters be able to tame most beasts in the realms? Or would the beast have to be of a particular size based on the master?

Basically, I'm asking if the master would be able to walk into a dragon cave and try to tame the dragon, or they would have to find one of a particular size. If you were able to tame a dragon as a fresh member of the guild, would the dragon be rather weak and grow as the player does?

Additionally, would the tameable beasts be limited to Ansalon/Krynn, or would they be found anywhere in the realms?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/