Holy order of Telberin

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Holy order of Telberin

Post by Amberlee » 28 Jun 2017 11:21

nils wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Khiraa would need a complete recode though, while Keepers of Telberin would not.
Don't think that's the issue here, but hey! - Way to spoil my sarcasm!

*notes down* "Nils capable of sarcasm.."

:D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 28 Jun 2017 12:00

The Nils of many talents.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Jun 2019 19:05

Hmm... did this go anywhere? :o

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 27 Jun 2019 13:06

Nah.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 Sep 2019 13:56

nils wrote:
25 Jun 2017 19:35
Khiraa had some pretty neat titles too. The code is still in Raumdor. Care to be equally lenient?
As far as I remember the code for Khiraa guild has gone along with the wizard responsible for it (it was later used in another MUD). There were some ideas of re-writing and re-opening it (since some bits and pieces are left) but it didn't get far.

Even if the code was there, a lot of it would need to be re-written since the changes to specials and magic would make it incompatible with the current system.

On a different note, I don't really think we need yet another evil undead guild. I'd be all for some proper evil ranger-type guild though.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 09 Sep 2019 16:40

Obviously the Khiraa needs updating.

The problem isn't that it's a lot of work, it's the lack of go-ahead from the Brass.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 10 Sep 2019 02:29

nils wrote:
09 Sep 2019 16:40

The problem isn't that it's a lot of work, it's the lack of go-ahead from the Brass.
The Khiraa doesn't use any of the standardised systems... it is code from the 90s. There is no way it would be anything less than a complete conceptual revision and recode.

Considering everything else that needs working on 'the Brass' have not the remotest plans of exploring a return of the Khiraa. And the Lich concept is going to be something that gets picked up in Gorboth's Necromancers... so there would be unnecessary conceptual overlap.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 10 Sep 2019 12:47

Arman wrote:
10 Sep 2019 02:29
nils wrote:
09 Sep 2019 16:40

The Khiraa doesn't use any of the standardised systems... it is code from the 90s. There is no way it would be anything less than a complete conceptual revision and recode.

Considering everything else that needs working on 'the Brass' have not the remotest plans of exploring a return of the Khiraa. And the Lich concept is going to be something that gets picked up in Gorboth's Necromancers... so there would be unnecessary conceptual overlap.

Read: lack of go-ahead from the Brass.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 11 Sep 2019 08:08

Arman wrote:
10 Sep 2019 02:29
Well. The difference, I think, is that Raumdor is an empty, boring place, with zero guilds, and Ansalon has more than enough guilds. Conceptually, Raumdor's nameless horror and terrifying undead, evil corruption are (to me) far more interesting than a boring evil magic guild in Ansalon. We only have one undead guild so it isn't like it would over saturate the market to have two of them. I would personally love to see more undead guilds, MM is boring and Chemosh seems like it'll never open and now that necromancers were closed... what does that really leave?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 11 Sep 2019 11:11

Ody wrote:
11 Sep 2019 08:08
Well. The difference, I think, is that Raumdor is an empty, boring place, with zero guilds, and Ansalon has more than enough guilds. Conceptually, Raumdor's nameless horror and terrifying undead, evil corruption are (to me) far more interesting than a boring evil magic guild in Ansalon. We only have one undead guild so it isn't like it would over saturate the market to have two of them. I would personally love to see more undead guilds, MM is boring and Chemosh seems like it'll never open and now that necromancers were closed... what does that really leave?
Gorboth's creations are glacial to reach realisation... but they are never boring. And what I have seen of his necromancers is completely unique to anything in the game currently. They'll be worth the wait.

Granted, he didn't have to choose Krynn as the land where they would be based. It could easily have been Raumdor, or Khalakhor, or Gont... but it came down to creator's thematic preference.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/