AoEA

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Well?

This guild sucks - way better magic guilds
38%
Give it a break - it isn't that bad
31%
How about you stop being funny, Stupid
31%

Total votes: 16

Sibbedidenn
Adept

AoEA

Post by Sibbedidenn » 21 Jul 2017 16:42

So There is not a page concerning the Academy of Elemental Arts, that I detected, in the five pages of "Guilds". I have a few questions but also if it pleases the moderators, leaving it up would be fine. Also, the poll is hilarious, eh.

Um, well, I tried joining mercs as an academic and I was barred. I understand it that it is a "... Layman (though functions as occupational)" guild, so when I try to join the mercenaries (which is occupational) should I not be able to without difficulty? Or is the Academy an occupational guild in the full though not formal sense.

Well, My character, Sibbie, loves this old thang. He is sweet on her. (snivel) And since he is an old bum with nowhere else to go well what choice does he have? I digress ...

Anyway here is the place for all you new poached faces to come and bury yourself in the business. Academics and "Free-lance Scholars", in the elements, Sib

Arman
Wizard

Re: AoEA

Post by Arman » 21 Jul 2017 17:11

The Academy is an awesome starter magic guild for new players, in the same vein as the cadets. When i first came back to Genesis after a 10 year hiatus the Academy was a new guild I hadn't experienced before and I thought i'd try it out. Absolutely loved it, and kind of wished there was an option to make it my occupation and become more of a magic user in that vein.

So you could say it inspired the creation of the School of High Magic, and eventually it will have been the catalyst for the return of the Wizards of High Sorcery.

So that in my mind makes the Academy an excellent guild :).

I also loved the new mercenaries guild too when I returned... so for those familiar with both can probably identify the parts I enjoyed with those two guilds :)

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 21 Jul 2017 17:30

I agree... Wholeheartedly

I really am, now that I am a full academic, considering never leaving. (snivel) Arman, that is beautiful.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 22 Jul 2017 22:48

Purpose of the Academy of Elemental Arts is to introduce new players to magic in Genesis, much like Cadets introduced combat specials. Both guilds are meant to be feeders into the real occupational guilds in Genesis.

We should definitely get the web page updated with the details. Surprised it's not already there!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 23 Jul 2017 15:13

They areny supposed to rock tbh, its just there to give you a taste of magelife. SO... its supposed to suck

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/