Suggestions for merc usage?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Hektor
Veteran

Re: Suggestions for merc usage?

Post by Hektor » 01 Dec 2017 13:09

I had a debate with a friend about the rules on lending equipment to your alts via proxies and we ended up taking it to the Admins. The Admins very clearly seconded that the use of a proxy character (controlled by another player) as a medium for sharing items between your alts is strictly against the rules.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Dec 2017 13:12

Cherek wrote:
Draugor wrote: Nono, then its illegal all of a sudden :P The way I described it is as far as I know, legal.
No it's not. It's quite clearly described in in <help rules>

Code: Select all

Actions taken by one character that directly benefit or directly influence the fate of the other (if both are controlled by the same player) are illegal.

Weird that so many seem to do it then :s Probably due to to few wizzies to monitor it I'd suppose tho :o

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Dec 2017 13:53

Draugor wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Draugor wrote: Nono, then its illegal all of a sudden :P The way I described it is as far as I know, legal.
No it's not. It's quite clearly described in in <help rules>

Code: Select all

Actions taken by one character that directly benefit or directly influence the fate of the other (if both are controlled by the same player) are illegal.

Weird that so many seem to do it then :s Probably due to to few wizzies to monitor it I'd suppose tho :o
It's a full time job x 10 to try to catch all the cheating and rule breaking players do.:) If you want to help out, either wiz and join the AoP team, or continue to report those who cheat. I have personally suspended players for exactly the thing you describe when I was AoP though. I am sure Mirandus does as well. But a big reason players get away with things is actually because quite often when we get these kinds of reports, the reporting player refuses to give out a name, not wanting to be "the snitch" I would assume. I wish more players dared to stand up against various forms of cheating and actually report the names of those who cheat, or refuse them entry / kick them from their guilds, and similar. That would be very helpful.

I know you often do report suspected bots Draugor, which is good, and some others also report things, but more often than not it's "Why arent you punishing people who do X?" And we ask who they mean? And then refuse to tell. That's not helping much.:) Report those who cheat, and quite soon the cheating will stop as people realize the risk of getting caught is too high.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/