Guilds of Genesis

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Guilds of Genesis

Post by Draugor » 17 Jul 2018 12:59

Ya this thread needs another run tbh :P

Angmar needs a boost btw, ANY kinda boost tbh, cant tank or nuke atm, I outdo em on both as a merc :P

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 17 Jul 2018 13:29

hoso wrote:Will Tricksters get a recode o: ???
I am thinking of closing them or turning them into a craft guild. They really don't offer any real benefits.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 17 Jul 2018 13:38

Arman wrote:
I am thinking of closing them or turning them into a craft guild. They really don't offer any real benefits.
They should be turned into craft guild long time ago.

Ohhh and while we are at 'no real benefits' iśsue - what about turning kenders into craft guild as well? :D

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 17 Jul 2018 13:45

Draugor wrote:Ya this thread needs another run tbh :P

Angmar needs a boost btw, ANY kinda boost tbh, cant tank or nuke atm, I outdo em on both as a merc :P
Can you explain why they can't tank? Shield with focus provides pretty awesome defensive benefits. Combined with something like the warlock defensive spells they would be an awesome defensive tank.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 17 Jul 2018 14:00

Arman wrote:

Can you explain why they can't tank? Shield with focus provides pretty awesome defensive benefits. Combined with something like the warlock defensive spells they would be an awesome defensive tank.
Can it be that the special focuses on AC of said shield, and not coverage?
Shields used in regular combat, coverage plays a larger role than AC.

Can it be the "special" boost from AA isn't greater than the greater effect from higher def/parry from Mercenaries?
I don't know what AA gets, but i see a huge difference between sup master defence and sup guru. It is quite mentionable.
The same can be said for parry.

If an Angmarian uses a defence imbue/defence item, does this boost the shield special as well?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Jul 2018 14:03

Arman wrote:

FUck if I know why they cant, Myth AA/necro got my ass handed to be in GK all the time unless I had like 2-3 heavy damage nukers behind me, still got my ass smacked quite well sometimes
Think it was Amb and someone else that did tests as to see who actually did best :P Mercs actually outtanked AA

Compared to Neidar that can do it alot earlier and do comparable/better on goblonoids for damage, would be nice if the evil side had a guild that would excell at tanking aswell

Hell or mercs, sup guru Def+Parry, I still tank like shyte but I do atleast twice the damage :P Even more with the warlock speedspell, its amazing for mattack

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Jul 2018 14:06

Alisa wrote:
Arman wrote:

Can it be that the special focuses on AC of said shield, and not coverage?
Shields used in regular combat, coverage plays a larger role than AC.

Can it be the "special" boost from AA isn't greater than the greater effect from higher def/parry from Mercenaries?
I don't know what AA gets, but i see a huge difference between sup master defence and sup guru. It is quite mentionable.
The same can be said for parry.

If an Angmarian uses a defence imbue/defence item, does this boost the shield special as well?
Defence imbue is only for defensive skill so the shieldcover special shouldnt be effected I believe, I'd actually be fine with a minor tweak to it hell as RDA/pirate I was quite easially doing Qualinesti solo with just 2 skunks in me, AA cant do that, take way to much damage cause it takes half the day to kill something :P

Preferably make modes, berserk makes you tank like... well shyte, we're talking layman guild defense but more damage, normal mode, well year 50/50 but still better at atleast one of them than now and defensive, should be a noticeable difference wich is not noticed atm if you focus.

Baz
Beginner

Post by Baz » 17 Jul 2018 19:35

Arman wrote:

So how would they work as a craft guild? Would they still have their sneak feature and offer stealth still as a craft? Besides the disguise, and the removal of shin kick, there really isn't much in there. But what would happen if this is still my layman and it turns into craft?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Jul 2018 22:54

Arman wrote:

Have a look at their skills.
They don't even have sup guru defence, let alone parry.
Pair that with lower damage potential than mercs and they are pretty poor.
Even when focusing on defence.

They are however amazing as a layman guild.
Just sucks the difference between the layman power and OCC power is so small...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 17 Jul 2018 23:20

There are still Kenders, Rangers and Archers (!!!) around...so AA is really not a big problem (I do understand the agenda though - especially when previous EW-related whines resulted in opening of Warlocks :) ).

You can actually have a decent combo with AA/mino (the problem is that's like the only good combo for occ AA - maybe warlocks will give another sensible option here).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/