plexus

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ckrik
Wizard

Re: plexus

Post by Ckrik » 21 Jun 2020 23:02

Arman wrote:
10 Jun 2020 03:07
The Dragon Order is in dire need of transitioning over to the standardised combat system. It is the last occupational fighter guild not transitioned.

Ckrik is the wizard leading the transition recode. RL has restricted his ability to progress the recode as far as he'd like over the last few years... however I am hesitant to have someone jump in and make wholesale changes without his blessings. I'd be happy to look at it post-magic system (with Ckrik's blessings) and push through a preliminary transition that Ckrik can build from.

But thematically I don't think a monk class should require the use of shields to be viable.
A port to the new combat system does exist. Some council members have beta tested the new specials to less than enthusiastic results -- it made the Monks significantly weaker. Rather than bandaid the situation with even more duct tape I proposed an idea when Arman introduced changes to the thief and ranger classes. I have a not very well tested version in my home-brew Genesis test mud, but since it touches the mudlib we'd have to put it through the gauntlet and I haven't found enough time to do so.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 22 Jun 2020 00:02

What I think might be most beneficial to DO is a change to the karma system. If they could simply gather it by sacrificing eq as in the past but then depending on the karma level and maybe guild rank they would get a bonus to damage and AC comparable to best non-magic stuff you can find in the game (kinda like minotaur horns). This bonus would go away immediately if they wore a single piece of armor or wielded any weapon. Would fit thematically and would not gimp them too much for not using any weapons or armors.

I know that the idea of having unbreakable and non-dulling weapons/armors is an atrocity but they would have to sacrifice weapons and armors to get it and it would go away after log out or 24h (whichever comes first). So, still need to look for eq but don't actually use it physically. Also, this bonus would be smaller than the amount of AC you could get by wearing the best armors so you could either RP a "pure" monk running around in just plain clothing or armor up as they are forced to do now.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 15 Aug 2020 11:43

Arman wrote:
10 Jun 2020 12:34
Amberlee wrote:
10 Jun 2020 10:17
Monks without shields would be awesome.
Perhaps even give them a thematic weapon such as polearms, like the old monks had.
I loved the Kahedans. I don't need much of an excuse to bring the axe kick back!! ;)
Bring back the old Kahedans and I'm more than game :)

Such a simple guild to be in.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 15 Aug 2020 22:44

15 Aug 2020 11:43
Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:
10 Jun 2020 10:17
Monks without shields would be awesome.
Perhaps even give them a thematic weapon such as polearms, like the old monks had.
I loved the Kahedans. I don't need much of an excuse to bring the axe kick back!! ;)

Hmmm. Who said Covid19 is a bad thing.
Seems to bring back a lot of people who left us long ago. :)

Titan

Post by Avatar » 15 Aug 2020 23:50

Mim wrote:
15 Aug 2020 22:44
15 Aug 2020 11:43
Arman wrote:

Hmmm. Who said Covid19 is a bad thing.
Seems to bring back a lot of people who left us long ago. :)
:shock:
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 15 Aug 2020 23:56

whats wrong with monks plexxing undeads?
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 16 Aug 2020 00:53

TaranGoatWalker wrote:
15 Aug 2020 23:56
How would you knock the air out of an undead?
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 16 Aug 2020 05:58

16 Aug 2020 00:53
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
Welp, skeletons bleed when you hit them with a sword in this game, so it seems sort of unfair to go "realistic" only on monks here.

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 16 Aug 2020 07:07

sylphan wrote:
16 Aug 2020 05:58
16 Aug 2020 00:53
TaranGoatWalker wrote:
Welp, skeletons bleed when you hit them with a sword in this game, so it seems sort of unfair to go "realistic" only on monks here.
Genesis is selectively logical at times. Some examples:
  • Carrying ten swords and ten pieces of armour in a small backpack? No problem.
  • A special purse that goes with you through death and respawns with your coins intact when you reincarnate? No problem.
  • Skeletons bleeding? No problem.
  • Holding a sword in one hand, a knife in the other, and yet somehow (with a third one?) reaching into your belt to pull out another knife and fling it? No problem.
  • Summoning a horse or wolf from wherever in the game? No problem.
  • A chipmunk that knows exactly how to find someone in the game regardless of where they are? No problem.
  • Orphan messengers that can reach even wizards in the heavens? No problem.
  • A gnome monk jumping and reaching the solar plexus of an ogre to stun him? No problem.
  • Stunning something that has the 'undead' property on it? Sorry, that's completely illogical and therefore impossible.
In the end, it's never pure logic. It's logic as ways and means to enforce a decision made before logic was employed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Rangar
Beginner

Post by Rangar » 16 Aug 2020 10:14

Dhez wrote:
16 Aug 2020 07:07

[*]Stunning something that has the 'undead' property on it? Sorry, that's completely illogical and therefore impossible.
[/list]

In the end, it's never pure logic. It's logic as ways and means to enforce a decision made before logic was employed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see no problem with changing the description of the plexus to read "You strike the heart chakra of the ancient brittle skeleton warlord with an open palm, momentarily disrupting the forces animating him."

I'd say that in our magical world, as long as a monk believes something has a heart chakra that can be struck to stun it, she can.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/