plexus

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Re: plexus

Post by Avatar » 16 Aug 2020 19:03

Rangar wrote:
16 Aug 2020 10:14
Dhez wrote:
16 Aug 2020 07:07

[*]Stunning something that has the 'undead' property on it? Sorry, that's completely illogical and therefore impossible.
[/list]

In the end, it's never pure logic. It's logic as ways and means to enforce a decision made before logic was employed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see no problem with changing the description of the plexus to read "You strike the heart chakra of the ancient brittle skeleton warlord with an open palm, momentarily disrupting the forces animating him."

I'd say that in our magical world, as long as a monk believes something has a heart chakra that can be struck to stun it, she can.
Great solution.

I like it.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 16 Aug 2020 21:30

how about plex us does damage rather than stun on undeads
Stabby stabby stab stab.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 19 Aug 2020 20:25

We have something else that does damage :) .
Would not mind if it would do a bit more though
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Aug 2020 21:30

Gold bezie: There are drawbacks and benefits to most guilds when it comes to where they can grind. Overall I think monks have it pretty good when it comes to grinding since they are a neutral guild. Being able to choose from all the grinding areas without any coded alignment restrictions is a pretty nice benefit. Sure, monks struggle a bit more against undeads than most other guilds, but there are plenty of guilds with drawbacks and benefits in various areas, and many guilds that are simply locked out from some nice grinding areas completely.

As for shields and spells, the main problem here is that it's pretty silly that unarmed martial arts monks fight while wearing two shields. That's the problem we should address I think, and I know Ckrik and Arman have been discussing a solution for that. Maybe before Xmas...

vitwitch
Wizard

Post by vitwitch » 25 Aug 2020 23:14

Ahh... Xmas... Yule Tree... Julio's Wheel... recodes stuffed in stockings... its the *most* wonderful time of the year!
Anima plus est quam pugna

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 26 Aug 2020 23:54

@cherek .. a bit more against undead compared to other guilds? really???
no no that is not true, make a monk char and try it

i already shared on the forum once where we where in a team with two myths, one legend and one younger ones and we had trouble clearing a certain very populair spots for other myths.
Also i have trouble killing the knight in raumdor, at my level...

And it does not fit the lore of the monks...

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 26 Aug 2020 23:56

also glad you agree with the shields... maybe next xmas /grin

Anfalas
Wanderer

Post by Anfalas » 27 Aug 2020 05:36

I can think of a lot of examples of things that don't make sense, Goldbezie.

There are mobs that a titan caster can easily kill, that myth fighters struggle mightily with, and vice versa.

Having said that, most everyone agrees that Monks need some changes. But with volunteers required to code those changes, there are never any guarantees when that will happen.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Aug 2020 14:41

gold bezie wrote:
26 Aug 2020 23:54

i already shared on the forum once where we where in a team with two myths, one legend and one younger ones and we had trouble clearing a certain very populair spots for other myths.

I think you didn't agree with me saying "a bit" more, but that only depends on how much "a bit" is for you and how much it is for me :)

I am fully aware that monks will struggle against undead since they can't plex undeads, and plexus is the main combat ability for monks. I think this is fine, though. Being undead comes with a number of perks and drawbacks, this is one of their perks. Yes, monks are anti-undead lorewise, but that doesn't automatically mean you can't struggle against them. Perhaps part of the reason monks don't like the undead is because they struggle against them and fear them? You could see it that way too, if you wanted to. Also, from an undead perspective (and "realistically") it would make less sense if you _could_ plex them.

Like I mentioned before, and Anfalas expanded on, many guilds have it easier/harder against certain NPC's and in certain grinding areas. Some examples:

- Most casters can kill the orc captain or other big NPCs without magical resistance easily, while a melee fighter at the same level will struggle. On the other hand, a melee fighter can relatively easily kill unicorns and other creatures with strong magical resistance, but caster at the same level will struggle much more.
- Some guilds are less effective outside their own domain, and more effective near their home.
- Some guilds are less effective when killing enemies of the same align as them.
- Some guilds can't kill NPCs of the same align at all (unelss they want to suffer heavy penalties / potential punishment).

Yes, monks struggle against the undead, and you don't like to kill dragons, those are drawbacks. But you're also a neutral guild (a big pro since you can grind anywhere), and plexus allows you to kill bigger NPC than a melee fighter without a stun ability likely could. All guilds have pros and cons, that's how it is, and how it should be.

It's also up to the guildmaster and his/her vision for the guild. If Ckrik wants to give monks some anti-undead ability, or replace plexus with something that works against undeads, well, then that's up to him and the AoB.

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 27 Aug 2020 15:09

Cherek wrote:
27 Aug 2020 14:41
gold bezie wrote:
26 Aug 2020 23:54

I think you didn't agree with me saying "a bit" more, but that only depends on how much "a bit" is for you and how much it is for me :)

I am fully aware that monks will struggle against undead since they can't plex undeads, and plexus is the main combat ability for monks. I think this is fine, though. Being undead comes with a number of perks and drawbacks, this is one of their perks. Yes, monks are anti-undead lorewise, but that doesn't automatically mean you can't struggle against them. Perhaps part of the reason monks don't like the undead is because they struggle against them and fear them? You could see it that way too, if you wanted to. Also, from an undead perspective (and "realistically") it would make less sense if you _could_ plex them.

Like I mentioned before, and Anfalas expanded on, many guilds have it easier/harder against certain NPC's and in certain grinding areas. Some examples:

- Most casters can kill the orc captain or other big NPCs without magical resistance easily, while a melee fighter at the same level will struggle. On the other hand, a melee fighter can relatively easily kill unicorns and other creatures with strong magical resistance, but caster at the same level will struggle much more.
- Some guilds are less effective outside their own domain, and more effective near their home.
- Some guilds are less effective when killing enemies of the same align as them.
- Some guilds can't kill NPCs of the same align at all (unelss they want to suffer heavy penalties / potential punishment).

Yes, monks struggle against the undead, and you don't like to kill dragons, those are drawbacks. But you're also a neutral guild (a big pro since you can grind anywhere), and plexus allows you to kill bigger NPC than a melee fighter without a stun ability likely could. All guilds have pros and cons, that's how it is, and how it should be.

It's also up to the guildmaster and his/her vision for the guild. If Ckrik wants to give monks some anti-undead ability, or replace plexus with something that works against undeads, well, then that's up to him and the AoB.
uhhh neutral isn't that much of a bonus
as an evil merc I was killing whatever
Stabby stabby stab stab.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/