plexus

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Re: plexus

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 31 Aug 2020 18:56

Zhar wrote:
31 Aug 2020 16:54
OgreToyBoy wrote:
31 Aug 2020 10:00
Zhar wrote:
30 Aug 2020 15:11
I've always thought that it would be a great idea to make monks completely gear independent. As a monk would progress in ranks and age they would get passive armor (kinda like mino horns but for the whole body) and higher damage with unarmed. All this of course capped at the max level for non-magic weapons/armors. Would be cool to see that as you progress down the monk path you rely on equipment less and less to the point where you can pretty comfortably run without anything. This would be pretty thematic for them and not necessarily overpowered since you would get the benefit of not having to use any eq but at the same time never be able to get as much armor/damage as people who do use eq.
That would be awesome, code already exist but not sure how well it work.
Probably need some kind of dodge skill as well, especially if you are unable to use armours at all.
The idea here is that you could either use normal armors or rely on your passive AC. Even with passive AC you wouldn't need extra dodge as you would still have pretty good armor everywhere (just not as good as you could get with some top end eq). I've always thought about Monks being a guild for people who'd prefer to chillax, forgo the rat race in favor of being able to just log in, walk out of the guild and do stuff without having to worry about mundane stuff like finding equipment or imbuements. Sure, you could still play it hardcore if you want, but I'd like for such a thing to be exception rather than the norm for the guild.

Still, it's up to the guild members and their guildmaster to decide. I'm just throwing my 2cc here.

Edit: To make it even cooler it could be implemented in the way of channeling the dragon spirit, where you feel your skin turning into dragon scales, your fingers into dragon claws etc. - in a spiritual sense, not literally, but faith and training work wonders so your skin gets harder, you have an iron grip and a fist like lead. As you progress in the ranks you're able to channel this inner dragon spirit better and better.
Like segoy did!
Stabby stabby stab stab.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 31 Aug 2020 22:08

No doubt that DO is in need of a recode, among other guilds but weak?
I have met a certain DO who solo Ghastly Keep quite often, and imagine what he/she can do on other areas..

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 01 Sep 2020 12:00

Chanele wrote:
31 Aug 2020 22:08
No doubt that DO is in need of a recode, among other guilds but weak?
I have met a certain DO who solo Ghastly Keep quite often, and imagine what he/she can do on other areas..
Please don't give the false impression that player size doesn't outweigh guild abilities. Said player could solo GK in almost any guild configuration.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 01 Sep 2020 18:52

I very much agree with Alisa. Zhar's idea about dragon scales/skin has long been popular among monks, and Ckrik knows this.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 02 Sep 2020 22:58

Yes sylphan is right and so is alisa. Just because there is one very huge player monk that can solo there, should not give the impression that the guild is that good... Our great strength is stunning and we cant do it there.

But im done with the subject myself :) thanks for the support all
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 12 Sep 2020 11:16

And when you say that most imbuements aren't useful for you, I am not sure what you mean to be honest. No, you obviously can't imbue weapons, or use imbuements that enchance weapons, but what else? You also have the benefit of not _needing_ weapons to fight, and you don't have to EQ-hunt for weapons, worry about them dulling and breaking, or losing them in some other way. Again, pros and cons with everything.

Okay, sorry i couldnt let it be.

Cherek as i understood from one of my brothers, he has talked with you about the problems we have with imbues. He has tested it and discussed it with you.
So do you want to repeat that all? I would love to write you a personal mail about it, but not talk about it on the forum. I think everyone might get fed up with my wining ;)

And if you want to give me an honoust reply like: we dont have the time to fix it.... than okay i will put my energy in writing that mail. Just to make clear that you do admit that we as monks have a problem with the imbue system as it is now.

But if you do say, goldie, or dear puppetmaster, i just like the system and although i have talked with your brother about it, then lets not waste eachothers time okay? :)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 12 Sep 2020 19:56

(get em Bez)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Sep 2020 11:29

gold bezie wrote:
12 Sep 2020 11:16
And when you say that most imbuements aren't useful for you, I am not sure what you mean to be honest. No, you obviously can't imbue weapons, or use imbuements that enchance weapons, but what else? You also have the benefit of not _needing_ weapons to fight, and you don't have to EQ-hunt for weapons, worry about them dulling and breaking, or losing them in some other way. Again, pros and cons with everything.

Okay, sorry i couldnt let it be.

Cherek as i understood from one of my brothers, he has talked with you about the problems we have with imbues. He has tested it and discussed it with you.
So do you want to repeat that all? I would love to write you a personal mail about it, but not talk about it on the forum. I think everyone might get fed up with my wining ;)

And if you want to give me an honoust reply like: we dont have the time to fix it.... than okay i will put my energy in writing that mail. Just to make clear that you do admit that we as monks have a problem with the imbue system as it is now.

But if you do say, goldie, or dear puppetmaster, i just like the system and although i have talked with your brother about it, then lets not waste eachothers time okay? :)
Just like I said in my post I am not sure what you mean about imbue struggles for monks. I don't know everything about every detail about the game, nobody does. I told you what I could think of as problematic with imbues and then asked you "what else?" as an invitation for you to explain to me what the issues are :)

You seem to think I already know, but choose not to say, but that's not the case at all. I don't remember having a conversation with anyone about this in the past. It's possible I have forgotten this conversation (a lot of people talk to me about a lot of issues), and if that's the case, I am sorry if I have forgotten about it. I would never pretend I don't know about something, though, and I am always honest about things and always try to explain my reasoning for various decisions without holding back anything (except obvious wiz-info stuff) that players aren't supposed to know about. I am honestly a a bit sad to hear that you think I am _not_ honest... why would I be dishonest on purpose?

So, feel free to enlighten me, here or in PM about monks and imbues. The only thing I can think of except the ones I already mentioned above is that you breaking armours could be problematic when hunting imbues...? If imbues armours can be broken?

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 13 Sep 2020 15:23

okay then, ill mail you this week what the struggles are for monks with imbues.

Not everything should be mentioned here :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Sep 2020 17:38

gold bezie wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:23
okay then, ill mail you this week what the struggles are for monks with imbues.

Not everything should be mentioned here :)
Ok!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/