plexus

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

plexus

Post by gold bezie » 07 May 2018 22:49

> plexus
The grey-skinned stone giant does not have a solar plexus you can hit.

Okay i understand why the wizards are coding undead that monks cannot use plexus on them... but now giants as well?

Now it seems the monks are not able to use what works for them best, on a lot of npc's, shouldnt it be time the wizards where thinking of some compensation? To keep the balance a bit?

Im sure Starla has some great idea's
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Draugor
Myth

Re: plexus

Post by Draugor » 08 May 2018 05:40

gold bezie wrote:> plexus
The grey-skinned stone giant does not have a solar plexus you can hit.

Okay i understand why the wizards are coding undead that monks cannot use plexus on them... but now giants as well?

Now it seems the monks are not able to use what works for them best, on a lot of npc's, shouldnt it be time the wizards where thinking of some compensation? To keep the balance a bit?

Im sure Starla has some great idea's

You cant reach it :P

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 08 May 2018 07:23

I could jump couldnt i ;)

No i figured that out, and i understand rp reasons for it, not complaining about that.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 08 May 2018 08:27

gold bezie wrote: Okay i understand why the wizards are coding undead that monks cannot use plexus on them... but now giants as well?
Be thankful it isn't trolls. :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 08 May 2018 09:13

Monks are going through a recode that should move them over to the standardised combat system as well as improve some quality of life issues.

Mind, progression is dependent on the activity of the wizard doing the recode. So don't want to build up expectation. My suggestion is posting on the monk recode board that I assume is somewhere in the monk halls (I have a subscription to 'Monks board daily', so know there is one... if not where ;) ).

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 10 May 2018 03:59

Arman wrote:Monks are going through a recode that should move them over to the standardised combat system as well as improve some quality of life issues.

Mind, progression is dependent on the activity of the wizard doing the recode. So don't want to build up expectation. My suggestion is posting on the monk recode board that I assume is somewhere in the monk halls (I have a subscription to 'Monks board daily', so know there is one... if not where ;) ).
I've made some progress but am currently bogged down by RL activities. Some of the change have already been beta tested to less than satisfactory result. Specifically more work is necessary on plexus and a rebalancing of unarmed combat needs to be done as well.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 10 May 2018 20:36

Thank you Ckrik! I appreciate the work you put in it, and its perfectly understandable that real life can come between that!

Seren
Beginner

Post by Seren » 02 May 2020 18:36

Monks ever fully recoded to match the new combat system?
Just stumbled across the 2 year old post where it was in process or?

Morglum
Beginner

Post by Morglum » 03 May 2020 00:59

Would love to know myself. Been a monk for years and have fond memories of it. Was a time when plexus worked on everything though and I was killing undead as my daily routine.

Did the DO lore change though? I remember they were quite opposed to the idea of undead in general and making their best special not work against them would be kinda counter-intuitive...

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 09 Jun 2020 11:40

No the lore has not changed, so i agree fully with you.

Also yesterday was hunting with a group of monks (two myths, two legends and one i forgot but smaller) and i must say its also frustrating that the best place for everyone at this level to get xp (or even help the younger one with the tear quest) in Ghastly Keep is simply not working for monks.

And that combined with two of us being minstrels... if we want to heal there (and yes i get hurt there a lot even with the best armours) we need to remove both our shields to sing our songs..... So before we finished our songs we are hurt even more than our songs heal ourselfs)

I have seen others using spells that can hold perfectly one shield and cast their spells. But here i am, i cannot stun there and i cannot heal myself without having to take a break from my fight.

I know its all volunteers job and everyone is busy with their jobs, and i really appreciate what you are doing. But when someone does have time, please take a look at it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/