What should a guild have for it's type?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Wyork
Greenhorne

Re: What should a guild have for it's type?

Post by Wyork » 18 Sep 2018 00:47

Rangar wrote:Meet the corrective measures in the middle? Cut special power from 270% to 140%, boost white hits accordingly, so the nerf is not as severe?
This, or some variant. So that the new measure for all guilds is about where a current middle tier guild would be.
It wouldn't make sense if all Myths had to wait in line at the karg warrior camp for some combat practice ;-)

Anfalas
Wanderer

Post by Anfalas » 18 Sep 2018 02:55

Interesting dilemma. Suggestion? Obviously if we went from 270% down to what it should be instantly, it would be a massive instantaneous nerf to those people impacted. What if you changed it over time so it didn't seem so massive? Over say a 3-6 month period of time? People wouldn't notice it _as_ much?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 18 Sep 2018 04:22

Another option we are looking at is embracing the current status quo and reposition guilds and some abilities accordingly.

We could fix the error and boost the allowable combat aid provided to guilds to allow for specials 2.7 times greater than what is currently allowable.

What this will mean is that almost all guilds would get some form of buffing, with the exception of calians. Those who currently have high caid special attacks would end up with less "bonus" caid within their caid cap, while those with more caid currently in their defensive specials - like monks, Neidar, kender, AA - would be able to have quite a bit of caid that could be put back in to their specials to bring them up closer to the cap of the more offensive guilds.

The downside is we would need to accept that white hit damage is relegated to being pretty insignificant, and specials are king.

More food for thought...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Sep 2018 10:53

Arman wrote:Another option we are looking at is embracing the current status quo and reposition guilds and some abilities accordingly.

We could fix the error and boost the allowable combat aid provided to guilds to allow for specials 2.7 times greater than what is currently allowable.

What this will mean is that almost all guilds would get some form of buffing, with the exception of calians. Those who currently have high caid special attacks would end up with less "bonus" caid within their caid cap, while those with more caid currently in their defensive specials - like monks, Neidar, kender, AA - would be able to have quite a bit of caid that could be put back in to their specials to bring them up closer to the cap of the more offensive guilds.

The downside is we would need to accept that white hit damage is relegated to being pretty insignificant, and specials are king.

More food for thought...

It's an option.
But then you'd have to address the "weakness" of casters compared to that too.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 18 Sep 2018 15:14

Amberlee wrote: It's an option.
What do you mean? Spellcasters suffer from the 2.7x error to the formula as much as melee do. All special attacks (and heals for that matter) are affected by this, so magic users wouldn't be excluded from the solution ;).

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 18 Sep 2018 16:30

Nerf us all to the ground, it will help lessen descrepancies across the guilds. :)

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 18 Sep 2018 16:50

Specials have dominated combat in Genesis for ages. A nerf at this time could cripple a desire to play and hinder the effort to attract and keep new players in the game.

Most of the guilds listed that aren't being played is because of a lack of power as compared to new or recoded guilds.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 18 Sep 2018 17:17

Mersereau wrote:Specials have dominated combat in Genesis for ages. A nerf at this time could cripple a desire to play and hinder the effort to attract and keep new players in the game.

Most of the guilds listed that aren't being played is because of a lack of power as compared to new or recoded guilds.
3 out of 4 guilds listed by Arman are 'recoded'

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Sep 2018 18:17

Arman wrote:
What do you mean? Spellcasters suffer from the 2.7x error to the formula as much as melee do. All special attacks (and heals for that matter) are affected by this, so magic users wouldn't be excluded from the solution ;).
Well I still say nerf.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 18 Sep 2018 18:57

Amberlee wrote:
Arman wrote:
Well I still say nerf.
+1

Rip the bandaid off and move on. Perfect way to make it so people arent running around soloing the whole game.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/