What should a guild have for it's type?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: What should a guild have for it's type?

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 22:34

Kvator wrote:
Nerull wrote: Power or limitations are completely irrelevant to this argument.
Power and limitations are everythig in my argument.

Fact that two layman guilds offer unlimited speed which you can't get otherwise (even with full speed eq) is crazy. Heralds are bit out of scope here since they can't use it on most of their go-to killing grounds (unluckily for them all best 'open-air' grinding zones are for evils only - ents, quali, centaurs - leaving just mithas and part of haradrims to use their speed at....oh but wait! Haradrims are super close to Sauron so it's not a good place for them after all :D)

Yes I am mostly against this speed - since u can get infravision/invisibility detection/stat boost easily via other means.

Add to it the fact that they can swap super strong offensive setup with super strong defensive setup at a whim is like a cherry on top (look at sohms/wohs here - they have a cooldown for their spell memorization).

Honestly two full speed levels should be all here (so equivalent of like 3 decent speed items) and such immense boost should be reserved for kenders and recoded archers! :D

Doesent give full speed its 2 levels from full speed, if you're going to make stuff up please make sure its not something that can be checked in 2 secs? Warlocks puts you at ex rapid.

And yes, Heralds recode did NOT turn out well for them, not in the slightest.

The "superstrong" offensive and defensive setup? You do know warlocks cant have all spells active at once right? Cant go speed+stats for instance. Its either or :P Has anyone of you two actually tried playing a warlock? Cause you seem to have a greatly flawed idea of what they can even do.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 22:40

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Nerull wrote: Power or limitations are completely irrelevant to this argument.
Power and limitations are everythig in my argument.

Fact that two layman guilds offer unlimited speed which you can't get otherwise (even with full speed eq) is crazy. Heralds are bit out of scope here since they can't use it on most of their go-to killing grounds (unluckily for them all best 'open-air' grinding zones are for evils only - ents, quali, centaurs - leaving just mithas and part of haradrims to use their speed at....oh but wait! Haradrims are super close to Sauron so it's not a good place for them after all :D)

Yes I am mostly against this speed - since u can get infravision/invisibility detection/stat boost easily via other means.

Add to it the fact that they can swap super strong offensive setup with super strong defensive setup at a whim is like a cherry on top (look at sohms/wohs here - they have a cooldown for their spell memorization).

Honestly two full speed levels should be all here (so equivalent of like 3 decent speed items) and such immense boost should be reserved for kenders and recoded archers! :D

Doesent give full speed its 2 levels from full speed, if you're going to make stuff up please make sure its not something that can be checked in 2 secs? Warlocks puts you at ex rapid.

And yes, Heralds recode did NOT turn out well for them, not in the slightest.

The "superstrong" offensive and defensive setup? You do know warlocks cant have all spells active at once right? Cant go speed+stats for instance. Its either or :P Has anyone of you two actually tried playing a warlock? Cause you seem to have a greatly flawed idea of what they can even do.
Where I wrote about EW/Warlocks giving 'full speed'? "If you're going to make stuff up please" read twice first. (unlimited = possible to be used all the time, which is opposite to Heralds for example)

Where I wrote about going offensive and defensive at once? Here what I wrote: "Add to it the fact that they can swap super strong offensive setup with super strong defensive setup at a whim"

I repeat - read twice, lol

ohh - and believe me I have an idea of what they can do - when I see glad/warlock who (on full offence setup) can match Calia/BM of similar size in damage and then after 10 minutes tank Mithas with ease (after equiping shield and changing Warlock spells) then I feel like calling them OP is not an overstatement lol.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 22:57

Doesent make it less made up, cant keep it going 24/7 without tons of mats, it doesent hold overly long and the warlock store mats are not cheap :P Hell fatigue alone would screw you over.

Have you actually ever tried beeing a warlock? Cause it kinda feels like... no?

And where was this whining from you everytime EW was discussed? :)

"ohh - and believe me I have an idea of what they can do - especially when I see glad/warlock who (on full offence setup) can match Calia/BM of similar size in damage and then after 10 minutes tank Mithas with ease (after equiping shield and changing Warlock spells) then I feel like calling them OP is not an overstatement lol."

I'mma call bullshit on this xD Majorly unless the gladiator in question is freakishly big
Last edited by Draugor on 07 Sep 2018 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 07 Sep 2018 23:03

Kvator, it appears to me that you think "switching" stance is somehow an advantage over a guild that immediately balances the power of the spell based on the criterias of what spells are active?

The forced switching is inferior to any guild that autobalances because the switch requires you to sacrifice all your ongoing effects.

It's a forced penalty, not a boon.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Sep 2018 23:06

Did someone say the Rangers needed a recode?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 23:07

Johnny wrote:Did someone say the Rangers needed a recode?

Countless times :P Wasnt there talk about someone having started it?

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Sep 2018 23:14

There was talk! But as far as I know, still just talk.

Enough with the highjack (need some Ranger Recode publicity), as you were!

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 23:15

Draugor wrote:Doesent make it less made up, cant keep it going 24/7 without tons of mats, it doesent hold overly long and the warlock store mats are not cheap :P

Have you actually ever tried beeing a warlock? Cause it kinda feels like... no?

And where was this whining from you everytime EW was discussed? :)
Yes - I was for like 3-4 days, didn't liked the guild at all (ugly guildhelp, not appealing lore and no wow-factor whatsoever - I prefer oots much more). Been teaming up with Warlocks for quite a long though. Seeing things. Comparing things.

As for EW, there are two things:
1 - Before Warlocks opened there were more EW-whiners (consisiting of most vocal member of this game community - like yourself for example) than EW-members, so there was no need to add anything there. Now these EW-whiners are silent and happy about fire being beaten with fire. For me now instead of solving one issue (EW) second one was created (Warlocks) to 'compensate'.
2 - Shortly before Warlocks opened speed-meter was introduced showing exactly how unbalanced this speed boost is. I was sure that EW speed boost is like equivalent of two items or something (I was in EW as Pyros follower way before their 'recode' and haven't team with them as much as I do with Warlocks nowadays).

BTW - be sure to read above twice at least before writing things like: OMG YOU JUST SAID THAT EW ARE FINE AND LOCKS NO! OMG OMG!

Tulasi
Beginner

Post by Tulasi » 07 Sep 2018 23:18

Draugor, have you EVER done proper grinding as SoHM? No? I bet you haven't, not as a SoHM only, you probably did it as SoHM+layman. And no, the numbers might not be exactly right, but they're not that far of. Sure, if you grind with minor spells only, mage strength and a small shielding spell or truesight, you can easily get that fast, but then again, you're not much faster than a Merc/BM of same size with equal equipment either, so...

But warlocks have to buy expensive items to make their charms... Oh wow, I'd rather spend some platinum over time having to get 6+ of each component and carry these around, honestly. And before you start whining about having to get the leftovers... Well, sorry, but we use those too, so does at least PoT and Mages too, dunno about EW, EC, Heralds or OotS here...

And yes, I've been a warlock, I even got the speed spell from warlocks, which is why I know how OP locks are :D

Code: Select all

What's up with every big-player area being alignment nerfed from evil mobs to neutral or almost neutral while the good mobs stay good?

Examples like Ghastly Keep undeads and Terel Trolls can be mentioned on the "why are these almost neutral?"

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 23:18

Nerull wrote:Kvator, it appears to me that you think "switching" stance is somehow an advantage over a guild that immediately balances the power of the spell based on the criterias of what spells are active?

The forced switching is inferior to any guild that autobalances because the switch requires you to sacrifice all your ongoing effects.

It's a forced penalty, not a boon.
Poor Warlocks then!

Being able to match BM's on offence (for some guilds and weapons prolly even beat it) and then Pirates (with some healing as bonus) on defence. Such a penalty! Poor fellas they are :D

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/