What should a guild have for it's type?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: What should a guild have for it's type?

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 16:15

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Not sure what greater spell you're refering to tho?
true sight (I am aware that it's pretty crappy for 'greater spell' - but still)

Well not really, true sight also raises awareness, not just invis and darkness
that's least important feature of this spell and majority of occ guilds have it pretty high anyway (when sohm have none).

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 16:17

Doesent matter, they are still not the same :P I kinda wanna know why this whine nerf crusade started after warlocks came tho and not on EW :)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 16:30

Nerull wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Nerull wrote: All spells using the new magic system is using the same spell library/standard templates, so in a sense, they are all copy/paste.

A nuke is a nuke, a heal is a heal, haste is haste and so forth, an inevitable fact in a standardized and modern system.
yes ofc - but the problem is that the 'core' set (strong shield, super strong speed, stat increase, some heal) was copied here

also 'core rules' were copied - so basically no rules / restrictions in this case - bah it was even lowered for Warlocks (EW used to have some coded restrictions against teaming with Necros for example).
They weren't "copied", but picked from the std library, and why is this a 'problem'? Those are core spells that about all recoded casters in the game apply in one form or another, so this is pretty inevitable if you want to code a caster of any kind.
Well - let us check oots then:

- speed? nope
- stat increase? nope
- shield? aye - but restricted (according to guildhelp it wont work against 'good' enemies), it also weaken your heal big time

dunno if better heal is enough to compensate it.

additionally guild have prettty harsh align restriction (killing one good mob by accident can cost you a lot of time you put into gstat grind)

okay! heralds:

- speed? aye, but restricted as hell
- stat increase? aye (but less important one)
- shield - aye
- heal - aye

almost there BUT guild have lots of limitations

So it really left us with EW and Warlocks as two overpowered magical laymans that can use their powers with basically no limits.

One disease (EW) was 'cured' by spreading new one (Warlocks) and - previously angry - vocal members of gen society now just run around infected (and happy) :)

I agree that 'problem' is prolly an overstatement here, but it shows that this newly created (via 'standarization') balance is far from perfect.
Last edited by Kvator on 07 Sep 2018 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 16:31

Draugor wrote:Doesent matter, they are still not the same :P I kinda wanna know why this whine nerf crusade started after warlocks came tho and not on EW :)
it's simple - previously we got just a bunch of EW running around

now it's half of the mud being EW or Warlock

and (which is more important) all the EW-whiners of the past are now silent enjoying their well earned +5 speed boost :D

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 16:37

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:Doesent matter, they are still not the same :P I kinda wanna know why this whine nerf crusade started after warlocks came tho and not on EW :)

and (which is more important) all the EW-whiners of the past are now silent enjoying their well earned +5 speed boost :D

You're saying we need to nerf all magical laymans then? Since they all follow the same baseline or you crying cause its not an exclusive club anymore? :P Did you know that for instance Valars are said to have a better spell for speed? :o Nerf!

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 16:45

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:

You're saying we need to nerf all magical laymans then? Since they all follow the same baseline or you crying cause its not an exclusive club anymore? :P Did you know that for instance Valars are said to have a better spell for speed? :o Nerf!
you can see it above (in reply to Nerull's post)

only EW and Warlocks have 'complete set of spells' that can be used without limitations

My crying cause? You mean my 'cause' is related to EW or something? My only 'cause' is to point out that this new balance standard is not flawless.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 16:46

Oh, Kvator btw, OOTS have a statboost if they are Kiri-Jolith, sadly they have a kinda silly system so only Kniggits and Minotaurs get it.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 16:49

Draugor wrote:Oh, Kvator btw, OOTS have a statboost if they are Kiri-Jolith, sadly they have a kinda silly system so only Kniggits and Minotaurs get it.
That was dis only? Or str+con also?

still it limit their heals - and heals are like the most important thing in this guild

anyway - good point! Lets say:

speed boost only for this demon guys
heals only for baba yaga folks
and stat boost for yellow robes

Seems like you are starting to see the differences between various magic laymans :D
Last edited by Kvator on 07 Sep 2018 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Sep 2018 16:51

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:Oh, Kvator btw, OOTS have a statboost if they are Kiri-Jolith, sadly they have a kinda silly system so only Kniggits and Minotaurs get it.

still it limit their heals - and heals are like the most important thing in this guild
Str+dis

Whats annoying is that its not available to everyone and that the Mishakhal "special" spell is useless :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Sep 2018 16:55

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:

Str+dis

Whats annoying is that its not available to everyone and that the Mishakhal "special" spell is useless :P
See edited post above.

What you call not-annoying vs annoying I call overpowered vs not-overpowered it seems.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/