What should a guild have for it's type?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: What should a guild have for it's type?

Post by Draugor » 12 Sep 2018 05:41

Its cause Syrk is god...

And ofc Syrk is the only Warlock :P

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Sep 2018 04:32

Draugor wrote:Balanced according to the doc, personally I advocated OP'ness cause I did not even alittle trust the AoB at the time, the current one I trust when it comes to technical balance. (I question him on some design choices in some areas on the other hand) And according to him and the document they are apparently balanced. So thats a dead issue imo, and again, since its now on both sides, it doesent matter, even tho warlocks are slightly weaker :P So now both sides can go bananas.

The main issue is that the EW have been controlled by the same few for ages, and its an OCC guild that controlls it, wich is stupid. And yes this deffo goes for AA and also monks even tho noone goes layman monk. The nepotism is quite extreme. And in all due honesty, hardcore rules and joining demands for laymans, council and other annoying crap for a fecking layman is just silly.

Knights not going EW was a thematic shitfest, not a balance issue. And in all fairness, just remove speed from the game, its always going to be a stupidly powerfull tool and if its not available to everyone without leaving their main guild its just horrible for the game aint it?

The issue of the last incarnation of vamps where the players and the wizard in charge of them, would I want vamps to have been properly balanced from todays standards? Gladly. There are alot more balancing tools and counters in the game today. And I'd be even happier to see bloodguards to todays balance standards as a neutral (alltho serving but free to join it just had an extra tier) layman guild that is pure combat would be damn nice. Especially since they didnt require a specific weapon.
So... some immortal disclosure.

We've been doing some further digging in to the quickness code. It is no secret that it has bugged me, and I don't think I am alone there. But by the numbers it is fine and balanced. IF, and this is the kicker, if everything else is working as it is intended to.

One of our industrious wizards has been doing some deep interrogation of the combat code for other purposes, and has uncovered a mistake with the formula for guild special attacks. It looks like guild special attacks provide more combat aid than they are supposed to... and at a magnitude of something like 270%.

Boom.

Anyway, stay tuned. This has pretty broad implications beyond quickness.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Sep 2018 11:13

*grabs popcorn and awaits the inevitable nerfs*
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Sep 2018 11:58

I love how this bitching thread will lead to global nerfs xD

Just make sure to nuke the shit outa casters aswell, I mean you should look into that alot more aswell, OCC spells ofc just for funsies :)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Sep 2018 12:06

NOICE

All down to kender level!

Finally! Mission accomplished <3

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 14 Sep 2018 12:24

Really, really interesting. Can't wait for the update :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Sep 2018 12:32

Kvator wrote:NOICE

This also affects kender special, so..
"..when you lick the windows in the short bus for too long.."

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Sep 2018 12:33

Draugor wrote:

You can't affect something that's basically non-existing :D

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Sep 2018 12:37

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:

You can't affect something that's basically non-existing :D
Oh... Arman will find a way :) Just look at Valars ;)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Sep 2018 16:08

Draugor wrote: Oh... Arman will find a way :) Just look at Valars ;)
Ohh I proposed big cooldown and limited usage on "kender essentials" myself :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/