Arman and Ranger Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Arman and Ranger Recode

Post by Draugor » 21 Nov 2018 07:23

Rincon wrote:
We do not want to create redundancy between guilds in Genesis, but, on the contrary, make guilds unique and distinctive as much as possible.
But warlocks are a copy/paste of elemental worshippers. Where is the uniqueness and distinctiveness in that? Unless it applies only to OCC guilds or lore?
PLenty of warlock spells that are rather unique and all warlockspells are not to the same effect either, quite some are seemingly slightly weaker, the way of gaining materials and spells are also vastly different, whereas EW can do it in a day or two for instance, warlocks need 3 weeks at minimum :P

I believe they where PLANNED to be a C/P but Nerull got bored and decided to change stuff up :P The issue is there are only a certain amount of type of spells that can be used so you cant have 100% uniqueness.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Nov 2018 09:41

Kudos to wizards for their work, you are sincerely much appreciated. It's also absolutely understandable that you don't want to meddle with code written in Linear B or something but please, can we not pretend a ranger recode is ever happening? Some of us have our hopes rekindled only to be served with some more bitterness. Don't shoot it, it's already dead. Alternatively, make the call to make it from scratch when there is time, drop the current guilds altogether and all of us out in the streets and make us start over in the new guild. I believe nobody would really mind and we would still keep structure.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 21 Nov 2018 18:24

Not sure how everyone feels about it but I'd like to see the combat mechanics working like it was designed before the recode starts or gets implemented.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 21 Nov 2018 18:46

I got burned after the first announcement of a recode that was withdrawn without a word. I did not play for several years after that but i posted a bunch of ideas on Council board that might be of interest.

I have left the guild though, needed something new to find my way back after previous experience.

Whatever you do dont announce anything until you are 100 % certain it will be worked at.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 21 Nov 2018 19:01

Chanele wrote:I got burned after the first announcement of a recode that was withdrawn without a word. I did not play for several years after that but i posted a bunch of ideas on Council board that might be of interest.

I have left the guild though, needed something new to find my way back after previous experience.

Whatever you do dont announce anything until you are 100 % certain it will be worked at.
I think all of your ideas were included in the 2nd go around

Felagund
Beginner

Post by Felagund » 02 Mar 2019 15:22

What is the expected, realistic date the recode will be completed?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 02 Mar 2019 16:34

Felagund wrote:What is the expected, realistic date the recode will be completed?
Great question. I can't put a timeframe on it. The reality is - after thoroughly looking over the ranger code - the recoding of the rangers isn't a one man job. It isn't going to be an easy recode, and I'll need help from other wizards to make it happen.

Recodes are far harder than coding guilds from scratch. The Priests of Takhisis were the worst recode i've had to do so far. The rangers look like they will be worse than that... largely because they have quite a bit of really good code that is worth retaining. But to retain it requires more recode effort.

If you want me to put a conservative timeframe down, maybe by xmas 2020? If stars align, this year some time.

Felagund
Beginner

Post by Felagund » 03 Mar 2019 16:31

A mere two human years is nothing for me, who knew the world before the Sun was wrought by Aule! Please remember Arman that I would love to test the guild after recode. Cheers!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 14:10

Speaking of this, whats up? :o

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 15:26

Heil, sir overlord. Are we allowed to burn to cinders today or will we be spanked first?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/