The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Which is more suited?

The Ticklers of Angmar
14%
The Masters of Slow Growth
10%
The Intentionally Held Back Experience Crew
10%
The Buzz Killjoys of the Misty Mountains
5%
The Elephants in the Room
5%
The Forgotten Plague of old who are now Innoculated
5%
The Unplayable Force of the Lich King
5%
The Snails of Experience
5%
The Masochist Army of Empty Guildhalls
43%

Total votes: 21

Kvator
Champion

Re: The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:11

Draugor wrote: You do understand the difference betweem WARRIOR guild and ROGUE/SNEAKY guild? Yes?
It' pretty amusing that u're still using 'guild type' argument while being member of guild that made this argumemt utterly pointless (it was pointless before, but now its stupidity is doubled).

As for 'theme' - according to ME theme random Ranger should be able to single-handely slay 10 meatbags of Angmar lol.

Draugor - go on! Use more CAPS. It makes ur 'arguments' even more funny.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:15

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote: You do understand the difference betweem WARRIOR guild and ROGUE/SNEAKY guild? Yes?
It' pretty amusing that u're still using 'guild type' argument while being member of guild that made this argumemt utterly pointless (it was pointless before, but now its stupidity is doubled).

As for 'theme' - according to ME theme random Ranger should be able to single-handely slay 10 meatbags of Angmar lol.

You're just showing that you really know nothing about the guild I am a member of xD Also the guild that is the reason why you got some halfway decent skills :P

It's how the admin classify guilds, and again kenders are not warriors, well not for 40 or something years gamewise :P Kenders are not supposed to be killingmachines. And SS are I believe specifically in their own helpfiles supposed to be for exploring :P Wishing to be a kender trapspringer killingmachine when they are rather clearly expressed to be something else is just... it's magical thinking is what it is :)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 13:18

Sneaking... you might as well play peek-a-boo in your room with the lights out. If that wasn't the case I would for sure agree. It's very obviously the case so you're basically saying "hey Jim (that's me). I want you to have as bad a time as possible when you play genesis. Don't forget you can peek-a-boo in your room with your lights out while at it".
Last edited by Drazson on 21 Jul 2019 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jul 2019 13:18

I give up.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:19

Ohh and btw - where is the part in which I 'wish for kenders to be killing machines'? All I do is to call ur saying that SS i comparable to AA bullshit (cause it is a total bullshit). I just love when ppl are arguing their own imagination of other ppl arguments.

I also pointed out (I started with that after all) that AA is far from 'unplayable' in Genesis (tbh the only really unplayable occ guild* in genesis are Archers atm, with SS and RoN being close to that).

* not counting occ versions of militia, warlocks etc ofc
Last edited by Kvator on 21 Jul 2019 13:24, edited 4 times in total.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 13:20

nils wrote:I give up.
Good.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:22

Drazson wrote:Sneaking... you might as well play peek-a-boo in your room with the lights out. If that wasn't the case I would for sure agree. It's very obviously the case so you're basically saying "hey Jim (that's me). I want you to have as bad a time as possible when you play genesis".

So dont join the kenders :P Rangers yes, they need a boost and they have planned a recode for years but noone has time or wants to do it, quite sure they will get some sort of stepup if they finally get it done.

Kenders are not supposed to be warriors. That's just how the guild is, dont be a member if you dont like the theme, simple. The theme is "Thieving, sneaky annoying little twat" not "Warrior" It's 1+1 really how can you not see that? :P They are themewise where they are supposed to be, a boost to power I assume was given when the new skills came, havent been on that char so I cant see exactly how high they went atm.

Or would you like all guilds to be exactly the same? :) Sounds fun

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:23

Kvator wrote:Ohh and btw - where is the part in which I 'wish for kenders to be killing machines'? All I do is to call ur saying that SS i comparable to AA bullshit (cause it is a total bullshit).

I also pointed out (I started with that after all) that AA is far from 'unplayable' in Genesis (tbh the only really unplayable occ guild* in genesis are Archers atm, while SS and RoN being close to that).

* not counting occ versions of militia, warlocks etc ofc

It really isnt actually, AA is useless on all sides unless warlock cause you MUST have that boost unless you enjoy beeing by far the worst warrior guild in the realm :P For a warrior guild they are nowhere near where they should be and tankwise the kender evade is better than shieldblock, hell my little champ kender tanks like Nils does and Nils is a Myth, what makes Nils viable is warlocks atm.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 21 Jul 2019 13:26

Drazson wrote:Sneaking... you might as well play peek-a-boo in your room with the lights out. If that wasn't the case I would for sure agree. It's very obviously the case so you're basically saying "hey Jim (that's me). I want you to have as bad a time as possible when you play genesis. Don't forget you can peek-a-boo in your room with your lights out while at it".
You can be good and join the knights - you will have a special attack that's almost on par with the "best one" (dragonarmy slash/impale) but you will not be limited in damage type, almost not limited in weapon-type (get 3 skills), almost not limited by the pretend-brakes on caid (you will still get to use your horse for full bonus of defence/parry in situations where it's clearly absurd). You will get immunity to your main enemies special, you will get a powerful tank-rotator ability AND a crow-control ability, an impenetrable guildhome, etc, etc, etc. You see, YOU can get all that, but there is, unfortunately, no evil melee guild in genesis with even half of those abilities.

I don't believe Nils is saying "some (Jim) should have a horrible time playing genesis", instead he is saying "let's objectively look at what is available to goodies and to evils and really ask the question - is the game fair and balanced? and perhaps Army of Angmar deserves some tweaking to make it less of a joke and more a fighter guild. *comparatively speaking*

Comparing the person you are trying to have a conversation with to Hitler is a bit wacky, though. I wouldn't go so far, I always thought that Nils was more like Benito.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 13:27

It can't be easy being playful and energetic. There are people roaming who want to melt kenders into soap man.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/