The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Which is more suited?

The Ticklers of Angmar
14%
The Masters of Slow Growth
10%
The Intentionally Held Back Experience Crew
10%
The Buzz Killjoys of the Misty Mountains
5%
The Elephants in the Room
5%
The Forgotten Plague of old who are now Innoculated
5%
The Unplayable Force of the Lich King
5%
The Snails of Experience
5%
The Masochist Army of Empty Guildhalls
43%

Total votes: 21

Kvator
Champion

Re: The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Post by Kvator » 20 Jul 2019 19:02

nils wrote: A kender is a weak creature, the fact that they are now close to or equal to an angmarrim is completely and utterly absurd as well.
See Draugor? Some folks already caught ur bullshit-bait.

SS is not close to AA (in grinding etc).

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 20 Jul 2019 19:09

Kvator wrote:SS is not close to AA (in grinding etc).
Ever been AA?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 20 Jul 2019 19:33

nils wrote:
Ever been AA?
Yes. AA/mino combo was pretty decent.

Ever been kender?

I agree though that in general DPS is king in Genesis atm and purely offensive guilds (Calia, Wohs, Dragonarmies etc) have upper hand. But this is general (game-design) issue and not AA issue.
AA is lucky to - at least - have access to one of two purely offensive lay options (BMs and Minotaurs) - contrary to Neidars or Kenders.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 20 Jul 2019 20:30

Kvator wrote:
nils wrote:
Ever been AA?
Yes. AA/mino combo was pretty decent.

Ever been kender?

I agree though that in general DPS is king in Genesis atm and purely offensive guilds (Calia, Wohs, Dragonarmies etc) have upper hand. But this is general (game-design) issue and not AA issue.
AA is lucky to - at least - have access to one of two purely offensive lay options (BMs and Minotaurs) - contrary to Neidars or Kenders.
No, I play a fighter, not a cleptomanic twig.

Yes, I've been AA/Minotaur previously, and yes - it is very decent because minotaurs are great. I like the guild, just not being a minotaur. That said, any of the comparable guilds benefit equally good from gore making them even more hard hitting and subsequently surpassing AA equally once gain from/reliance on defensive combat aid becomes unneccessary.

If you actually read my note, what you just said is basically the same, only saying the game itself is a problem. Pointing at a problem and crying about it makes no contribution but tears. And no, you can't, under any circumstance, claim that kenders are comparable to a goblin angmar warrior. That's just absurd.

I proposed a quick and pragmatic solution. You can't really fix the game in a jiffy, but you sure as hell can fix AA in one.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Jul 2019 20:41

Again, pipsqueak kender in a rogue guild, and in a pure rogue guild whom themewise is more of a roaming/exploring guild.

You're not supposed to be a combat machine :P Angmarim are supposed to be barbaric warriors, not rogues.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 20 Jul 2019 22:42

nils wrote: And no, you can't, under any circumstance, claim that kenders are comparable to a goblin angmar warrior. That's just absurd.
I would never say such blasphemy. It'obvious that quick-witted, dexterous and fearless kenders (one was revered hero of the lance btw!) are better than weak, stupid and clumsy green-shits that are your default lvl 1 super easy opponent in most rpg settings :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Jul 2019 22:46

Kvator wrote:
nils wrote: And no, you can't, under any circumstance, claim that kenders are comparable to a goblin angmar warrior. That's just absurd.
I would never say such blasphemy. It'obvious that quick-witted, dexterous and fearless kenders (one was revered hero of the lance btw!) are better than weak, stupid and clumsy green-shits that are your default lvl 1 super easy opponent in most rpg settings :)
Yea... we should disable the attack command :D ONly, fighting if actually attacked, that's very kenderlike too :)

And it aint about race, it's about guildtype :P Again, kenders are not warriors

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 20 Jul 2019 22:55

Draugor wrote: And it aint about race, it's about guildtype :P Again, kenders are not warriors
That' only your opinion, Sir: http://dlnexus.com/lexicon/15695.aspx

and argument 'oh oh but but...GUILD TYPE!' is no longer valid (since opening of ur new guild :) )

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 20 Jul 2019 23:52

Sigh.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 01:12

There's not just defence and defensive specials people pay caid for while what they get is useless. In that light you are advocating that kenders (as well as rangers, archers, and I guess monks due to defence and many more guilds?) should be punished for picking a supposedly legit Genesis guild and that they should have a horrible time trying to grow as players?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/