The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Which is more suited?

The Ticklers of Angmar
14%
The Masters of Slow Growth
10%
The Intentionally Held Back Experience Crew
10%
The Buzz Killjoys of the Misty Mountains
5%
The Elephants in the Room
5%
The Forgotten Plague of old who are now Innoculated
5%
The Unplayable Force of the Lich King
5%
The Snails of Experience
5%
The Masochist Army of Empty Guildhalls
43%

Total votes: 21

Draugor
Myth

Re: The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 08:15

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote: And it aint about race, it's about guildtype :P Again, kenders are not warriors
That' only your opinion, Sir: http://dlnexus.com/lexicon/15695.aspx

and argument 'oh oh but but...GUILD TYPE!' is no longer valid (since opening of ur new guild :) )

Exception that proves the rule yes :P

And guild type sets the rules atleast among the immortals :P Speak to a wizard and see if they want to recode the guild (again), betting they wont :P Again, not a fighterguild, the concept is not that hard

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 08:16

Drazson wrote:There's not just defence and defensive specials people pay caid for while what they get is useless. In that light you are advocating that kenders (as well as rangers, archers, and I guess monks due to defence and many more guilds?) should be punished for picking a supposedly legit Genesis guild and that they should have a horrible time trying to grow as players?
Depends on why you play, the old kenders that where around had no issue playing and quite enjoyed it, the issue here is that you cant powerplay for shit with them :P Cause they are not a warrior guild and thus ill fitted for massmurder sprees

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 09:21

Draugor wrote:
Drazson wrote:There's not just defence and defensive specials people pay caid for while what they get is useless. In that light you are advocating that kenders (as well as rangers, archers, and I guess monks due to defence and many more guilds?) should be punished for picking a supposedly legit Genesis guild and that they should have a horrible time trying to grow as players?
Depends on why you play, the old kenders that where around had no issue playing and quite enjoyed it, the issue here is that you cant powerplay for shit with them :P Cause they are not a warrior guild and thus ill fitted for massmurder sprees
Of course in times when dex was king in combat calculations ppl playing most dexterous race had no issues and quite enjoyed it (because SS was way more powerful back then just because of general game mechanics) :D

You are aspiring politician or something?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 11:25

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Of course in times when dex was king in combat calculations ppl playing most dexterous race had no issues and quite enjoyed it (because SS was way more powerful back then just because of general game mechanics) :D

You are aspiring politician or something?
Naa, but explaining something to you seems pointless, I will make one last attempt

1. Kenders are not a warlike race (untill Malys scares the absolute **** outa em after the war of the lance). They are even described specifically as such.

2. Secret society is an exploration and rogueish guild by theme. This means they shouldnt be combat effective, Angmar is a warguild rather outright and should be able to atleast tank better than most evil guilds, they are useless as it is now so they either need a themechange or a re-balancing.

3. Theme matters and they are playable, why else are you one? If they are so horrendously bad why are you one? And yes, I have one, last time I played him I didnt have much issue and this was after the dexchange and after the last recode, I just had to tag along friends to get proper xp or kill small stuff, it's mainly a guild you troll people in anyways. Why are you a SS kender if you want to roleplay a knight or something that's made to fight? :P

4. Legit doesent mean powerful. Beeing a kender is fun, hell I still go on mine to troll around now and then.

Now, adress these points instead of reeeeeeeeeing. One "sorta" warlike kender doesent mean a warlike race especially when he grew up outside of kendermore. The equalient of that would be beeing a merc kender and having adaptable skills. Then you can be that exception all you want. So again, why are you a kender if you dont want to be what they themewise are? :P

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jul 2019 11:39

No, I am not looking to punish anyone. I just want the Army of Angmar on par with comparable guilds and I don't think rangers, kenders, archers or monks fit into that category. The problem is that Kvator believes that his beloved Secret Society should be able to fight his way through a horde of enemies like any Dragonarmy soldier or Knight of Solamnia.
equal.jpg
Same thing
equal.jpg (90.34 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Now I'd love some of the drugs he's taking, but in all soberness - I'm done discussing AA vs kenders, rangers etc now.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 12:05

nils wrote:I just want the Army of Angmar on par with comparable guilds and I don't think rangers, kenders, archers or monks fit into that category.
Lesser guilds deserve their suffering, you feel unjustly nerfed and want to be restored to your rightful glory... huh. I guess you're Genesis Hitler then. It feels so sweet to say this.. Fuck you, Hitler.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jul 2019 12:51

Reductio ad Hitlerum.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 12:59

Drazson wrote:
nils wrote:I just want the Army of Angmar on par with comparable guilds and I don't think rangers, kenders, archers or monks fit into that category.
Lesser guilds deserve their suffering, you feel unjustly nerfed and want to be restored to your rightful glory... huh. I guess you're Genesis Hitler then. It feels so sweet to say this.. Fuck you, Hitler.
Possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on this board xD Congrats

You do understand the difference betweem WARRIOR guild and ROGUE/SNEAKY guild? Yes?

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 21 Jul 2019 13:04

Draugor wrote:You do understand the difference betweem WARRIOR guild and ROGUE/SNEAKY guild? Yes?
One pays caid for idk hunting, one doesn't?

p.s. Sneaking. Lol.
p.s.2 If you are in a bad spot and you have to enstablish that those in a worse spot than you should absolutely stay there then there's an issue.
Last edited by Drazson on 21 Jul 2019 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:09

Drazson wrote:
Draugor wrote:You do understand the difference betweem WARRIOR guild and ROGUE/SNEAKY guild? Yes?
One pays caid for idk hunting, one doesn't?
One is designed for combat aka grinding/killing the other, not so much :P Kenders where never supposed to be badass warriors cause they are not :P They are sneaky little exploring thieves, that's the SS purpose :P Some guilds have more caid put in pure damage and some have it in tanking, rogue guilds tend to be build in different ways. You can still be a kender warriors, just not in the SS, Hoopaks still work you just wont be throwing rocks with them. What Nils is requesting is Angmarim beeing comparable to other FIGHTER guilds, comparing a FIGHTER guild to a ROGUE guild is like comparing a bird to a space shuttle. Even so Angmar arent far from a rogue guild just... minus the rogue part, they do comparable damage and kender evade is better than shieldblock, alot better actually :P The race itself isnt really taken into account when you count caid cause some guilds are multiracial.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/