Smithing

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mersereau
Champion

Re: Smithing

Post by Mersereau » 17 Aug 2019 12:14

Cloth, Leather and Metal armours all require different skills to create.

It would seem odd for a blacksmith to master all of skills, along with armourtypes.

Perhaps a "smith" or "craftsman" would have to focus on one discipline.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 17 Aug 2019 13:05

Whatever is done to the smiths I think an important part is to ensure that they can participate in the Genesis economy.
Perhaps through hard to get materials and the ability to create items / tools which are in demand among the rest of the player base.

That should be the basis of all craft guilds. Craft should not be a slot only for the players personal benefit.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 17 Aug 2019 13:17

cotillion wrote:Whatever is done to the smiths I think an important part is to ensure that they can participate in the Genesis economy.
Perhaps through hard to get materials and the ability to create items / tools which are in demand among the rest of the player base.

That should be the basis of all craft guilds. Craft should not be a slot only for the players personal benefit.
*peers at sailors of bloodsea*

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 17 Aug 2019 16:48

Zugzug wrote:
cotillion wrote:Whatever is done to the smiths I think an important part is to ensure that they can participate in the Genesis economy.

*peers at sailors of bloodsea*
I was just going to make this point, Zugzug.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 18 Aug 2019 03:36

To clarify the role of the craft guild, the rules around them are:

"The craft guild gives further depth and definition of a character by providing the more ordinary professional background of a player. This guild will cover such professions (styles) as thatcher, smith, cobbler, joiner etc. The skills learnt here may not be of immediate tactical advantage. It does assist in providing an alternative to game play than combat. At the moment there's no definite list of acceptable types. The AoB will have to make judgement from case to case here.

The guild thus may provide abilities that makes it possible to actually substitute for an occupational guild provided that they give no combat ability or aid. The theme of the guild should be
sufficient to make it possible to have it serve as the player's profession. The guild could thus provide abilities to create objects or provide services which has value in the game."

So Mariners are fine. So would be dancers, brewers, mountaineers, tinkers, musicians, tobacconists, merchants, alchemists, hunters, gamblers, or (the much demanded) accountants.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 18 Aug 2019 13:07

Arman wrote:or (the much demanded) accountants.
Since when are the GoG hiring?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/