Smithing

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Smithing

Post by gorboth » 16 Aug 2019 00:51

With the Boar's Head Tavern now open, I am moving on to the next issue that I'd like to work on for global issues in the game. It involves the above, for the Smith's Guild.

More to come.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Re: Smithing

Post by Amberlee » 16 Aug 2019 01:15

But!!
Minstrels! :O

Smiths need love though that's true.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 16 Aug 2019 04:49

Amberlee wrote:But!!

I am working on the Minstrels while Gorboth is distracted with the novel human forge in Bree ;)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Aug 2019 06:36

Can we perhaps have the ability to scrounge for special materials and make magic items? Or like the Tyr force remake stuff?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 Aug 2019 08:33

My plans are to allow smiths to fabricate (duplicate) any non-imbued weapon or armour in the game, given enough training.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Aug 2019 11:29

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:But!!

I am working on the Minstrels while Gorboth is distracted with the novel human forge in Bree ;)

<3
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Aug 2019 11:35

Also before people go on about Gorboth's idea and how it will inflate the rate of good weapon.
Remember there are many ways to regulate this.
Like for example allowing smiths to specialize themselves in things(Like weaponsmith/armoursmith), having really good item be super hard to make et cetra.
Besides I doubt we will see this change until the eternal saving item case is solved(By Christmas).

As a side note, Gorboth.
When you do solve the eternal saving item issue, make sure to address the horrible droprates on things now too.
Edit.
And maybe make sure to actually still have unbreakable weapons in the game under certain conditions that they perhaps last only for a duration like the ogre sledgehammers.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 16 Aug 2019 15:06

gorboth wrote:My plans are to allow smiths to fabricate (duplicate) any non-imbued weapon or armour in the game, given enough training.

G.
So a smith will be able to make extremely high-quality robes?
scratches head

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 17 Aug 2019 09:08

sylphan wrote:
gorboth wrote:My plans are to allow smiths to fabricate (duplicate) any non-imbued weapon or armour in the game, given enough training.

G.
So a smith will be able to make extremely high-quality robes?
scratches head
Valid point! Perhaps Gorboth should be mindful of the different types of armour/weapon crafting? Fletching? Bowyers? Leathersmiths?

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 17 Aug 2019 09:20

Can't you just rename the guild to Craftsmen, and let them do it regardless of the material, so you don't have to spend time differentiating which item is potentially made out of metal, which is not and which is a mix?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/