The Guild Census

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarlok
Apprentice

Re: The Guild Census

Post by Tarlok » 20 Oct 2019 14:03

This is a fun thing to think about, here are my impressions:

Offense
100 SOHM
100 MM
95 EC
90 CALIAN
90 SU
80 ASSASSIN
75 KNIGHT
70 DA
70 NEIDAR SLAYER
60 AA
60 GLAD
50 OGRE
40 MERC
30 NEIDAR
30 DO
30 POT
20 SS
10 RANGER

Defense
100 NEIDAR
95 AA
90 DO
80 EC
80 SOHM
80 POT
80 MM
70 MERC
60 KNIGHT
50 DA
40 GLAD
40 OGRE
30 ASSASSIN
20 CALIAN
20 NEIDAR SLAYER
10 SU
10 SS
10 RANGER

Support - buffing, healing, debuffing
100 EC
90 MM
70 POT
70 RANGER
60 SOHM
50 DO
30 ASSASSIN
30 KNIGHT
30 GLAD
20 CALIAN
20 DA
10 AA
10 SS
0 SU
0 NEIDAR SLAYER
0 OGRE
0 MERC
0 NEIDAR

Utility - extra skills and out-of-combat value
100 SU*
70 SOHM
70 EC
60 MM
60 KNIGHT
50 RANGER
40 CALIAN
40 POT
30 ASSASSIN
30 DA
30 OGRE
20 MERC
20 GLAD
10 AA
10 DO
0 NEIDAR SLAYER
0 NEIDAR
-20 SS*

* out of combat ‘value’ may include bias due to author preference

Lionel
Beginner

Post by Lionel » 20 Oct 2019 19:43

Zhar wrote:
20 Oct 2019 02:19
100% doesn't necessarily mean that it's the best in the game, many guilds can have 100% ranking in the same category.
I was thinking more of how focused the guild is on certain aspects and how good at it.

(...)

Mercenaries:
offence: 100 (you get your weapon training and an offensive special that goes off every round, you can also get superior guru in two handed combat as the only guild, what else do you want?)
defence: 80 (no one else can get as high defensive training, no special way to boost it though, just plain old defence and parry)
support: 0 (obviously)
utility: 20 (sure, you can adapt any skill you want, but then you lose combat effectiveness and just skills alone aren't enough to make it super special since very few of those skills actually do something on their own, it's a great way to improve or supplement your layman choice though)
100 offence score doesn't make much sense. Having sup guru in weapon skill/two handed combat has about as much to do with dps as defence/parry skill with tanking. Sure, it helps and is important but it's nowhere near as important as the power of your special (offensive or defensive). You can fix your small skill deficiencies (like having sup master not sup guru) with a single faint imbuement, you can't fix a weak special. And the fact it's on low cooldown doesn't mean it has high overall dps. It looks better in case of your defence rating.

I would use the baseline of sup guru weapon skill/sup master two handed combat (if applicable) + avarage offensive special for rating of 75 and adjust from there - add points for guilds with strong specials and subtract for guilds with weak ones. By that measure, mercs are at 80 offence at best.

I would score adapt utility a bit higher, at say, 40. And that's because of imbuements. You can treat any defence/parry/weapon/two handed combat imbuement as +[any skill you want], because whatever you don't have to spend on these skills, you're free to put into something else - like magic skills if it helps your layman or into second weapon skill.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Oct 2019 14:14

I think this is an interesting thread, but as Zhar stated when posting the topic, please do NOT reveal anything that could be considered a guild secret since that is against forum rules. I know the term "guild secret" is rather subjective, but for example talking about the mercenaries adapt is of course fine. It's an open guild everyone can join, and their abilities are very well-known and they don't try to keep it a secret. However, mentioning specific spells or abilities for guilds that are by application only, and guilds that you know try to keep their abilities secret is NOT OKAY.

Doing it on purpose might lead to a ban from the forum. However, those of you who did it in this thread probably simply tried to justify/explain your ratings, which I understand. So, I'll just give you and everyone this friendly reminder to be careful about what you reveal. Just ask yourself if what you are revealing is something that particular guild probably do NOT want revealed.

I have edited three posts above and removed some information that might be considered guild secrets, or things that might be better if you learn about when you join the guild / or interact with their members.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 25 Oct 2019 14:50

Cherek, I read this as it was about "perceived power", not "tell us what you know about guild X".

I find a lot of interesting misconceptions as I read, and I find it kind of amusing.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Oct 2019 10:41

nils wrote:
25 Oct 2019 14:50
Cherek, I read this as it was about "perceived power", not "tell us what you know about guild X".

I find a lot of interesting misconceptions as I read, and I find it kind of amusing.
Yeah, that's how it should be, so there's really no need to mention specific abilities.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/