Thanar Racial Guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mirandus
Site Admin

Thanar Racial Guild

Post by Mirandus » 02 May 2020 20:59

Hey Folks,

As liege of Kalad I am always looking at ways I can improve things for players. I notice, while there are some, many folks avoid the Thanarian Racial Guild.

I wonder what the reasoning for this is? Is it thematic? Or is it more?

Thanks!

Kvator
Champion

Re: Thanar Racial Guild

Post by Kvator » 02 May 2020 21:13

Mirandus wrote:
02 May 2020 20:59
Hey Folks,

As liege of Kalad I am always looking at ways I can improve things for players. I notice, while there are some, many folks avoid the Thanarian Racial Guild.

Thanks!
It's pretty simple - as a human you can join 7 different race guilds (and 2 of them are pretty neat - Travellers skill-wise and Dunedains lore-wise) + only occ guilds where humans are kind of over-represented (Knights, Rangers) doesn't fit with Thanar theme (PoT have quite a few humans but they're all stacked in Diri's owned Dunedain House afaik :) )

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 02 May 2020 21:16

Kvator wrote:
02 May 2020 21:13
Mirandus wrote:
02 May 2020 20:59
Hey Folks,

Thanks!
It's pretty simple - as a human you can join 7 different race guilds (and 2 of them are pretty neat - Travellers skill-wise and Dunedains lore-wise) + only occ guilds where humans are kind of over-represented (Knights, Rangers) doesn't fit with Thanar theme (PoT have quite a few humans but they're all stacked in Diri's owned Dunedain House afaik :) )
So both Thematic and Skill if I am understanding you correctly.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 May 2020 21:18

Mirandus wrote:
02 May 2020 21:16
So both Thematic and Skill if I am understanding you correctly.
Thematic and Variety (so much options for humans - who are not the most popular race* - to choose from) mostly.

* at least among bigger players

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 May 2020 00:05

Let's be honest here. Thanar have been changed in the past because they were straight out racist with emotes that let you torture others (still remember my friend's shock when I started pulling his nails out).

It's really a cool guild skill-wise, most of the titles are also cool. What needs to change is the lore. RF vs Thanar is fine but all this hate human/hate non-human stuff is just too much. Just make them into opposing factions where RF don't like thanar (not all humans) for wanting to bring their god to the mortal realm and rule it and Thanar a religious fanatics that want to bring their god to the mortal realm. Not necessarily hating all non-humans but specifically Red Fang for being aware of their secret plan and trying to prevent it.

Would make it much easier to RP and not be either a total douchebag or an instant target for reverse-hate.

I'm speaking here as a long time Kalad-domain enthusiast.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Tarlok
Apprentice

Post by Tarlok » 03 May 2020 14:39

Who is this guild for?

Almost no evil fighters choose human. Good fighters often are human due to occ guild requirement. Good guilds don't allow Thanar because of the extreme racism. Even the idea that humans are best is unacceptable for some. So it seems to be for neutral or evil spellcaster humans who are can tolerate the theme. I personally think the titles are very unappealing, even the title for the largest human awake sucks. I played a Thanar briefly around 15 years ago, I seem to recall sup acolyte sword skill as the chief benefit. I guess they have messengers now? I still see no reason to join them as I'm sure many do.

Perhaps if you could choose a skill to sup craftsman from a subset of approved racial guild skills it would allow many humans to get some benefit from the racial guild as most racial guild skills are duplicates of occ or layman skills and a total waste. But really the theme and titles needs to be changed to allow goodie kniggets, rangers, and calians to find it acceptable.
Last edited by Tarlok on 04 May 2020 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 03 May 2020 14:51

Zhar wrote:
03 May 2020 00:05
It's really a cool guild skill-wise, most of the titles are also cool. What needs to change is the lore. RF vs Thanar is fine but all this hate human/hate non-human stuff is just too much. Just make them into opposing factions where RF don't like thanar (not all humans) for wanting to bring their god to the mortal realm and rule it and Thanar a religious fanatics that want to bring their god to the mortal realm. Not necessarily hating all non-humans but specifically Red Fang for being aware of their secret plan and trying to prevent it.

Would make it much easier to RP and not be either a total douchebag or an instant target for reverse-hate.
and it wouldn't change anything lol

why Knights or Rangers should suddenly accept religious fanatics from other domain?

also racial guild shouldn't give any 'occ kind of theme' (just origin of character) and honestly both Thanar and Red-Fang sucks in this regard (Red-Fang is being popular ofc because 'goblins' and 'steeds')

occ Thanar guild for humans only (with the original theme of hardcore racists) could be super cool though :)

Titan

Post by Avatar » 20 May 2020 11:41

Tarlok wrote:
03 May 2020 14:39
Who is this guild for?
Roleplayers.

Plain and simple.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Syviis
Greenhorne

Post by Syviis » 14 Aug 2020 10:09

I see Thanarians to have their own occ guild if not merc because it doesn't make sense playing under goblin captains and generals that most evil occupational guilds have.

Skythus
Adventurer

Post by Skythus » 14 Aug 2020 13:57

It's relatively common to be berated for being a Thanarian, and the skills don't match DD/Travelers. Most evil characters aren't human, and the ones that are either have a House their leader controls, or have enough guild diversity where a human supremacist wouldn't make sense. For most people, extra skills trump RP and flavor anyway.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/