Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1470
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2020 15:41

Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 14:25
Amberlee wrote:
09 Sep 2020 14:03
Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 12:48


Worshippers are not inherently good! They can be as evil as they like. I can make my Worshipper as evil as I see fit, as long as they respect the rules of the guild.
Warlocks, on the other hand, are flavoured that way that many Occupational good-aligned guilds restrict their members from being a Warlock. You're saying Warlocks are open to both good and evil. That's true - technically speaking. Perhaps then see if you know many good Warlocks and ask why. Or why not. :)
And yet they are under the complete control of a goodie guild.
And if you don't see the problem with that then you need to go sit in the corner.
Time out for you.
So what's the complete control? :)
That if you do something they don't like they can dropkick you out of the guild at will.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

User avatar
Redblade
Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: 10 Aug 2020 18:51

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Redblade » 09 Sep 2020 16:02

Amberlee wrote:
09 Sep 2020 15:41
Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 14:25
Amberlee wrote:
09 Sep 2020 14:03


And yet they are under the complete control of a goodie guild.
And if you don't see the problem with that then you need to go sit in the corner.
Time out for you.
So what's the complete control? :)
That if you do something they don't like they can dropkick you out of the guild at will.
The guild has very clearly set rules about when that happens. You need to uphold those. Where other Layman (not all) have that in the version of code and simple mistake kicks you out, here you're offered a chance to defend your deed in words.
Are you suggesting that any of the "goodies in control" ever missused their "complete control" over the Worshippers to harm an evil-aligned player? I don't feel that way.

On a different topic, perhaps. That of neutrality. There should be a magical option of Layman for those, who's alignment can shift. Mercs, Monks, SoHM, Gladiators... those who actually enjoy that they can be on either side of the neutral or just neutral. Let's not make all Layman guilds alignment-restricted please :)
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

User avatar
Zhar
Wizard
Posts: 904
Joined: 17 Apr 2012 12:09

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Zhar » 09 Sep 2020 16:12

Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:02
On a different topic, perhaps. That of neutrality. There should be a magical option of Layman for those, who's alignment can shift. Mercs, Monks, SoHM, Gladiators... those who actually enjoy that they can be on either side of the neutral or just neutral. Let's not make all Layman guilds alignment-restricted please :)
You have Minstrels for that. Most chill magic layman guild ever. You don't even need spell components!
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

User avatar
Taro
Adventurer
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2016 14:51
Location: Out of death recovery.

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Taro » 09 Sep 2020 16:17

On a different topic, perhaps. That of neutrality. There should be a magical option of Layman for those, who's alignment can shift. Mercs, Monks, SoHM, Gladiators... those who actually enjoy that they can be on either side of the neutral or just neutral. Let's not make all Layman guilds alignment-restricted please :)
Wasn't it just established that the Worshippers are neutral as well? You're not align-restricted to an Elemental or anything.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1470
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2020 16:31

Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:02
Amberlee wrote:
09 Sep 2020 15:41
Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 14:25


So what's the complete control? :)
That if you do something they don't like they can dropkick you out of the guild at will.
The guild has very clearly set rules about when that happens. You need to uphold those. Where other Layman (not all) have that in the version of code and simple mistake kicks you out, here you're offered a chance to defend your deed in words.
Are you suggesting that any of the "goodies in control" ever missused their "complete control" over the Worshippers to harm an evil-aligned player? I don't feel that way.

On a different topic, perhaps. That of neutrality. There should be a magical option of Layman for those, who's alignment can shift. Mercs, Monks, SoHM, Gladiators... those who actually enjoy that they can be on either side of the neutral or just neutral. Let's not make all Layman guilds alignment-restricted please :)
Very clear set rules.
That made me laugh :D
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1470
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2020 16:32

Taro wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:17
On a different topic, perhaps. That of neutrality. There should be a magical option of Layman for those, who's alignment can shift. Mercs, Monks, SoHM, Gladiators... those who actually enjoy that they can be on either side of the neutral or just neutral. Let's not make all Layman guilds alignment-restricted please :)
Wasn't it just established that the Worshippers are neutral as well? You're not align-restricted to an Elemental or anything.
No.
Redblade attempted to do that.
The fact is that it's a layman under the complete control of a goodie OCC guild.
It really ends there.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

User avatar
Redblade
Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: 10 Aug 2020 18:51

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Redblade » 09 Sep 2020 17:11

Zhar: yes, Minstrels are super chill. So that's exactly, one option?

Amberlee, that's your opinion and above you have mine. The fact remain that EW are not restricted to good-align and that no evil player was kicked by "complete control" at least as long as I remember. :)
Auta i lómë, Aurë entuluva!
The Night is passing, Day shall come again!

User avatar
Taro
Adventurer
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2016 14:51
Location: Out of death recovery.

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Taro » 09 Sep 2020 18:20

Amberlee wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:32
Taro wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:17
On a different topic, perhaps. That of neutrality. There should be a magical option of Layman for those, who's alignment can shift. Mercs, Monks, SoHM, Gladiators... those who actually enjoy that they can be on either side of the neutral or just neutral. Let's not make all Layman guilds alignment-restricted please :)
Wasn't it just established that the Worshippers are neutral as well? You're not align-restricted to an Elemental or anything.
No.
Redblade attempted to do that.
The fact is that it's a layman under the complete control of a goodie OCC guild.
It really ends there.
And that makes it not neutral? I've seen a BDA/Worshipper traveling with a Cleric, it's not as if there's any issue with evil Worshippers. Not seen any issue with evil members of that guild.
Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1470
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2020 20:55

Taro wrote:
09 Sep 2020 18:20
Amberlee wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:32
Taro wrote:
09 Sep 2020 16:17


Wasn't it just established that the Worshippers are neutral as well? You're not align-restricted to an Elemental or anything.
No.
Redblade attempted to do that.
The fact is that it's a layman under the complete control of a goodie OCC guild.
It really ends there.
And that makes it not neutral? I've seen a BDA/Worshipper traveling with a Cleric, it's not as if there's any issue with evil Worshippers. Not seen any issue with evil members of that guild.
Really?
Don't get me wrong I have seen it to and I know exactly who those people are.
Said character is no longer a BDA either fyi.
There is no restriction in the code but don't make the mistake of thinking that they are not run by goodies and that fact has major consequences.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1470
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Master of all trades, but jack of none?

Post by Amberlee » 09 Sep 2020 20:55

Redblade wrote:
09 Sep 2020 17:11
Zhar: yes, Minstrels are super chill. So that's exactly, one option?

Amberlee, that's your opinion and above you have mine. The fact remain that EW are not restricted to good-align and that no evil player was kicked by "complete control" at least as long as I remember. :)
Have seen both characters kicked and down right bullied out of the guild.
So there is that.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/