Close the thief guild!

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Nerull
Wizard

Re: Close the thief guild!

Post by Nerull » 07 Apr 2021 00:15

Thalric wrote:
06 Apr 2021 12:09
And you can't see that being abused horribly?
Supermyth wants to fight X person, but doesn't want to be the aggressor.
Horrible pick pocket skill and attempt, X is the one initiating combat.

Big guy claims to be innocent, and "I was only protecting myself". :roll:
Add an option, like "Autoattack thieves on/off"? You still reveal the thief, but you won't initiate combat. Thief gets some timer, and you move to somewhere else.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 07 Apr 2021 00:16

Mim wrote:
06 Apr 2021 18:31
Nerull wrote:
06 Apr 2021 10:49
you can't steal in combat ofcourse, or peek, because, well, you are fighting the dude.
Ofc. That is reasonable.
And you can not backstab either, which is also reasonable.
..unless somebody else is tanking, then you can. Still fighting, as opposed to silently checking player inventories. :)

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 07 Apr 2021 00:35

Nerull wrote:
07 Apr 2021 00:16
Mim wrote:
06 Apr 2021 18:31
Nerull wrote:
06 Apr 2021 10:49
you can't steal in combat ofcourse, or peek, because, well, you are fighting the dude.
Ofc. That is reasonable.
And you can not backstab either, which is also reasonable.
..unless somebody else is tanking, then you can. Still fighting, as opposed to silently checking player inventories. :)
If I recall this right, thieves had some rule about not revealing their layman guild.
Teaming and fighting behind a tank is hard if you use this skill and want your guild to be a secret.
Maybe that rule is gone or changed. I dont know.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Apr 2021 08:24

I will repeat.
The problem with the thieves guild is that some asshats abuse it maximum in combination with mercs.
And Sparkle pretty much makes them immune to any consequence that would follow.
How many saferooms are there in sparkle again?
I've lose count.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 07 Apr 2021 09:12

Remove saferooms outside of guild halls. What purpose does it serve? If you have a meeting in a pub, then just as in any other fantasy world, you can get attacked in said pub. The church is fine as a start room, and a place where newbies can return to or refresh themselves, but why make it a safehaven? It only enables abuse. If you remove the safe pub and church, Sparkle would be a very dangerous hub.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 07 Apr 2021 09:33

Regarding the "asshats" and the "abuse", I can only assume you are referring to something like the Bloody Sunday incident - where it was not a thief but an FK. In my opinion, both guilds are something that brings value to the game and something to keep around, not innately abusive guilds (even if I'm terrified xD).

We've had the occassional "sparkle thief" in the past, I believe we need to be able to deal with it and wizards have urged for the same. For things to be better on that end and general realism/grittiness, I agree with the removal of safe spots.

Edit: The problem I see with removing safe rooms is that even the wizzies won't know all of them and it would be yet another instance that a "rule" (in this case that there wont be non-guildhall safety) only applies to the weakest and those with the least knowledge while those in the know will practically "break" the rule. Maybe that's not a realistic worry though, not sure.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 07 Apr 2021 10:34

Drazson wrote:
07 Apr 2021 09:33
Regarding the "asshats" and the "abuse", I can only assume you are referring to something like the Bloody Sunday incident - where it was not a thief but an FK. In my opinion, both guilds are something that brings value to the game and something to keep around, not innately abusive guilds (even if I'm terrified xD).
*Ogre
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/