smiths

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

smiths

Post by gold bezie » 16 Feb 2021 01:19

Hey immortals,

i ve heard that there where some changes planned for the smiths.
Today, after a long time, i made some shields, and the quality was
average. Now my shields used to be better than that, and i made a
lot of them.
It also seemed the shields where under construction, and had a
different name than before. 'heater' shields they are called now?

any possibility we get some more info about this matter?
thanks a lot and keep it on

goldbezie
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Arman
Wizard

Re: smiths

Post by Arman » 16 Feb 2021 03:46

Balance team haven't been informed of any planned changes that would impact the quality of smith items, so I would imagine those changes are cosmetic.

Varian should be able to confirm.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 16 Feb 2021 11:40

There were no recent changes to the smiths as far as I know. You can make different kinds of shields like the heater shield, tower shield or grand tower shield (depending on how much you want it to cover).

I have checked and with the proper rank and experience smiths can make very decent shields.
Not as good as the best shields found in the realms obviously but still high quality.

Edit: Last change to smithing was made at the end of september 2020. Last changes to shields were made in 2008.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

varian
Wizard

Post by varian » 17 Feb 2021 00:08

There have been no changes made to the smiths items (cosmetic or otherwise) since I became liege.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 17 Feb 2021 23:08

Thanks, maybe i was a bit rusty after all these years. Ill go back there and try again
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Zorath
Wanderer

Post by Zorath » 17 Jun 2021 15:18

But perhaps there should be some changes to the smiths guild ?
As the situation is right now, it seems almoust pointless to be a smith.
Over the years I have made thousands of items of each, and it is pretty much easy to get a better item elsewhere.

Perhaps one idea could be to be able to make more items, and ofcourse higher level items.
Like belts, gloves, cloaks since we are already useing leather in smithing.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 18 Jun 2021 00:04

Without revealing too much detail I can only say that currently accomplished blacksmiths can produce armors of quality that is hard to top with items found in the wild.

Obviously there are limits in place since there's a global restriction in Genesis regarding the max stats of non-enchanted and enchanted items.

I've looked at the smiths code recently because of this discussion. Personally I think they're perfectly fine and viable. If we made items they make any better there would be almost no point in seeking out good armors from drops in the game (unless you need a specific magical effect like certain resistance and such).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/