Dunedain Suggestion

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
cyork2
Beginner

Dunedain Suggestion

Post by cyork2 » 06 Apr 2021 15:55

Hello Genesis People :)

I am a member of the Dunedain. For perspective I played 25 years ago for several years but only returned to the game a few months ago so there is a lot I don't know (which is fantastic - love it).

First suggestion... Duendain get an axe skill. Would it make sense lore wise and game balance wise to have the different houses within Dunedain have different weapon skills? It would add some flavor and give people a reason to seek out one house vs another. House Hallacar specializes in swords while House Umarth specializes in clubs etc. I wouldn't think the weapon skill level is high enough to really step on anyone else's toes. If you really want to be good with a particular weapon you don't get that from your racial guild.

Second... is there any way that inactive Lords get removed? At present the biggest hurdle to people joining is the lack of activity among Lords. Most of the Lords listed in the roster in Pelargir haven't been on since I started playing. I wouldn't want all those inactive Lords to get removed immediately, we don't need new players coming in and claiming Lord titles, but it would be good if there were some mechanism for a player to reach a given title and then be able to claim a Lord position.

I almost forgot.. Dunedain have no guild item. You can buy a horn but you don't have anything you "get". The biggest issue with that is finding help. When I joined I assumed there would be something that I could examine to figure out how to get to help and the emotes etc so I told my new Lord I was all good. She left and I spent 10 minutes wondering what I was missing before finally just doing Help Dunedain and realize there isn't an item. Why not just make the horn the guild item since it is already unique to the guild?

Thanks for reading this and any feedback from the players / archs.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/