Vampires

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Vampires

Post by Thalric » 15 Nov 2021 15:49

Are we going to get a description or hints or whatever on the website for this?

If it's supposed to draw people in, the ability to be a vampire, we better start adverticing. :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Vampires

Post by Cherek » 15 Nov 2021 22:39

Thalric wrote:
15 Nov 2021 15:49
Are we going to get a description or hints or whatever on the website for this?

If it's supposed to draw people in, the ability to be a vampire, we better start adverticing. :)
Nerull: Write something up and I’ll put it up!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Nov 2021 15:19

Vampires are listed on the website now. Thanks Nerull for writing something up, and thanks Thalric for reminding us!

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 27 Feb 2024 12:53

Today's lesson:

Vamp spells don't stop their invisibility letting them grief others without even attacking them (staying on location and healing a mob others are trying to kill).

Great guild design!

end-game content for the win <3

(being unscry'able is also nice, but I guess something has to offset their big racial drawback of never getting hungry!)

Budwise
Veteran

Post by Budwise » 27 Feb 2024 14:59

Not to mention botcamping said mob it would seem.

Rache
Adventurer

Post by Rache » 27 Feb 2024 16:10

Kvator wrote:
27 Feb 2024 12:53
Today's lesson:

Vamp spells don't stop their invisibility letting them grief others without even attacking them (staying on location and healing a mob others are trying to kill).

Great guild design!

Invisibility (whether by guild ability or through other means) breaks when attacking someone, not by healing. There are many ways to counteract what you're claiming. Maybe try one?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 27 Feb 2024 18:18

Rache wrote:
27 Feb 2024 16:10
Kvator wrote:
Today's lesson:

Great guild design!

Invisibility (whether by guild ability or through other means) breaks when attacking someone, not by healing. There are many ways to counteract what you're claiming. Maybe try one?
sadly this technique of griefing for this particular mob is unavailable for others because of the nature of vamps 'heal' :(

oh well I guess 'end-game content' (TM) is not for commoners

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 27 Feb 2024 20:25

See-invis is not difficult to get.
Stabby stabby stab stab.

TripleM
Apprentice

Post by TripleM » 28 Feb 2024 11:38

Kvator wrote:
Today's lesson:

Great guild design!

(being unscry'able is also nice, but I guess something has to offset their big racial drawback of never getting hungry!)
I'd hope this would be a joke, but apparently this is actually true. Healing someone in combat while invis should break invisibility/hidden status. Pointing at options to see invis is bullshit, if someone influences combat, it oughta make them visible.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 28 Feb 2024 13:37

I dont know how things are today, but other guilds in the past have had the ability to go invisible and/or do hide/sneak and be able to heal.

Generally - as I understand it - if you do not directly "engage in combat" ie "become fighting" then you can remain hidden/invisible. I think making it so that using heal equals an assist - opens a can of works in so many ways and ruins the flavor for dedicated healers and certainly invites trouble. Ive found interactions were healing in combat without being in combat have lead to funny RP moments of "threats" and "youre balancing the line" etc.

There were complaints made back then (some of the people who complained now have the abilities themselves and logically do not complain today :) ) The responses back then were always - "get more awareness" or "get see invis".

Many games favor that if you are invisible you can still heal and remain so.. If it has place in Genesis I cannot say. As I cannot myself go invis and heal or find myself fighting those who can I have no stake really, but in all fairness this is nothing new as I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/