Neidar / AA

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tapakah
Wizard

Re: Neidar / AA

Post by Tapakah » 10 Mar 2010 21:36

AFAIK topically Neidars have problems with goblins, and given the abundance of goblins in AA...
We love self criticism - L. F. Vunyukov, "The Tale of the Troika".

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 10 Mar 2010 21:48

"Legally", a dwarf cannot join the Clan if he shares warring interests in a guild with goblinoids. Since the Angmar is a warring guild and allow dwarves and goblins, they cannot be accepted. Therefore, if the calians opened a layman branch dwarves members of that branch would not be allowed into the Clan (although maybe something could be worked up).

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 10 Mar 2010 21:52

Rhynox wrote:"Legally", a dwarf cannot join the Clan if he shares warring interests in a guild with goblinoids. Since the Angmar is a warring guild and allow dwarves and goblins, they cannot be accepted. Therefore, if the calians opened a layman branch dwarves members of that branch would not be allowed into the Clan (although maybe something could be worked up).
I think thats a pretty lame limitation to be honest.

Its policing their members, just like Calians etc did with Bloodguards.

Why not let people themself choose what guilds to join and then play their roles?
I think it makes things intresting, when people can join guilds and keep it a secret
like Aimee did as a Knight, if offers both new rp possibilities and combos for the grinders
to enjoy.

But thats just my 2 cents.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 10 Mar 2010 21:54

The rule is explicitly stated in the book the applicants must read. It was likely added as a safeguard (much like the one saying mountain dwarves cannot join but Rockfriends are fine because they are trustworthy) shortly after the guild opened.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 10 Mar 2010 22:44

Lindros wrote:
Rhynox wrote:"Legally", a dwarf cannot join the Clan if he shares warring interests in a guild with goblinoids. Since the Angmar is a warring guild and allow dwarves and goblins, they cannot be accepted. Therefore, if the calians opened a layman branch dwarves members of that branch would not be allowed into the Clan (although maybe something could be worked up).
I think thats a pretty lame limitation to be honest.

Its policing their members, just like Calians etc did with Bloodguards.

Why not let people themself choose what guilds to join and then play their roles?
I think it makes things intresting, when people can join guilds and keep it a secret
like Aimee did as a Knight, if offers both new rp possibilities and combos for the grinders
to enjoy.

But thats just my 2 cents.
I recall being Calian when they decided one could not be a pirate, because a pirate's beliefs did not agree with Lady Caliana's. I don't know much about the Bloodguard, but I would doubt that agree with it either.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 10 Mar 2010 22:56

I applaud the idea.
Neidar are dwarves who decided the life is more interesting outside.
They are outcasts of the mountain dwarves.
In the books they were perfectly neutral.
Some were villains, thieves, assasins. Some of them babbled in magic, some were priests.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 10 Mar 2010 23:08

I agree with Sharn.

All too often I think of the Neidars as a good aligned guild. Perhaps the rule that Rhynox mentioned was implemented when the author was having similar thoughts.

B

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 10 Mar 2010 23:44

Would be a great combo for grinding and such but RP wise? Horrid.

Not because of the Neutral status but because to my knowledge the Krynn dwarves while you can call them Neutral have an extreme dislike of Goblins and Hate Orcs. Which are the main races within the AA. Not to mention the few Orcs within the Tower itself which even as a layman there would still be some kind of interaction.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 11 Mar 2010 00:35

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 Mar 2010 05:27

I've found in general some of the limitations on laymen options to be rather lousy. Specially when laymen options are so tied to Occupaitonal guilds. Personally, I've always held the philosophy that laymen should be a little more broad minded and allows for some really nice overlapping of domains and therefore creating interesting RP options for people. Otherwise, people just end up with "expected" guild choices because of alignment or guild restrictions.. and its boring. Might as well just make some guilds fill both occ and laymen spots then. :P

(Sorry this isn't so cohesive a thought... but its late and I'm tired -- hope it makes sense).
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/