Neidar / AA

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Neidar / AA

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Mar 2010 15:34

I for one would like to see this as a playable combo in the game.
Anyone else agree?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Draugor

Re: Neidar / AA

Post by Draugor » 10 Mar 2010 17:58

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I for one would like to see this as a playable combo in the game.
Anyone else agree?

Well it should be doable as Reorx whom they worship is one of the Neutral gods of Krynn and the guild itself is Neutral :P

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 10 Mar 2010 18:08

Except I think with Neidar if they are below a certain alignment something stops working, and for AA if you are above a certain alignment something stops working.

So it would require a change in both guilds to work. Plus I am certain there is some sort of RP conflict there, I'm just too tired to think of what it is.

Windy

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 10 Mar 2010 18:09

Anyone ever tried joining the said guilds?

It theory it should be a rather powerful combination, question is
if the leaders in respective guilds would allow it.

RP-wise I do not think there should be any problems with it?

None of the guilds are align restricted except on joining(right?)
so from that perspective it should not cause problems.

I do however think the players in the game would have issues with
accepting it, just like how most goodie guilds blocked their members
from joining Bloodguards(altho a handful of players went against that
and it made it rather intresting RP possibilities).

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Mar 2010 18:14

AA / Shieldbearer would also be awesome.
I think at the minute both are possible in theory but not in practice.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 10 Mar 2010 21:14

No its not possible to do, because whoever coded Neidar liked to teach them to say they were neutral etc. but then coded in a safeguard that if the Neidar drops below untrustworthy he loses ability to execute specials. Silly and Stupid if you ask me, they are clearly not a neutral guild but a goodie guild.

Angmar/Shieldbearers would probably not work. Because if the Neidar find out they can revoke your rune of friendship and bye bye shieldbearers.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 10 Mar 2010 21:17

I think most people know the way it is.
Just opening the discussion for second thoughts.

Don't know much about dwarves myself, where there ever evil dwarves in Tolkien or Krynnish lore?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 10 Mar 2010 21:20

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 10 Mar 2010 21:23

Well, the neidars and the angmarin are extremely similar guilds, so they should pair pretty well. I must say I was interested in the combo, however (contrary to the Militia/Kender pair which melds perfectly) alignment is an issue (neidars lose abilities if they go evil, same with the angmarin if they go good). Also, there is the issue that our recruiting book explicitly names Angmarin and Neidars incompatible.

I have asked several times to make the neidars neutral, but AoB isn't interested in that regardless of roleplaying reasons.

I always thought monk/shieldbearer would be a really nasty combination, since slam could support damage and stun for monks. However monks prefer to stay fully neutral regarding Krynn.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 10 Mar 2010 21:31

Rhynox wrote:Well, the neidars and the angmarin are extremely similar guilds, so they should pair pretty well. I must say I was interested in the combo, however (contrary to the Militia/Kender pair which melds perfectly) alignment is an issue (neidars lose abilities if they go evil, same with the angmarin if they go good). Also, there is the issue that our recruiting book explicitly names Angmarin and Neidars incompatible.

I have asked several times to make the neidars neutral, but AoB isn't interested in that regardless of roleplaying reasons.

I always thought monk/shieldbearer would be a really nasty combination, since slam could support damage and stun for monks. However monks prefer to stay fully neutral regarding Krynn.

To my knowledge Angmarims do not lose abilities once turned goodaligned.
I think mortals and wizards should lighten up a bit on the restrictions,
could make the game more fun for people with new guild combo's.

Why shouldnt a Neidar be able to serve in Angmar, and jus stay neutral when
it comes to PvP ?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/