Neidar / AA

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Neidar / AA

Post by Rhynox » 11 Mar 2010 05:37

Alorrana wrote:dont know about grind comboes..

but dwarven rune priests.....*drool*..... must !!!

could be cool to might add a bit of warhammer in to the dwarven styles.:)
Years ago Torwin, Logg and I made a huge list of improvements for the Clan, including a partner layman guild. I remember Logg wanted Forgers (Reorx's priests are known as Forgers), Torwin wanted cavalry (boar riders, including a place where you could groom and train your own boar) and I asked for Shieldbearers because it used to be a skill the neidars had in the past. In the end Blizzard coded the Shieldbearers.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 11 Mar 2010 11:03

Poor guy was probably loosing the will to live if he was trying to get through what a bunch of dwarves consider a HUGE list. :twisted:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 12 Mar 2010 00:20

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I think most people know the way it is.
Just opening the discussion for second thoughts.

Don't know much about dwarves myself, where there ever evil dwarves in Tolkien or Krynnish lore?
Despite what Alorrana said, there was one dwarf that became 'evil', in Tolkien lore.
In Silmarillon, it was told in the chapter about Turin Turambar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BArin_Turambar

that he and a group of lawless one evening found two dwarves out picking herbs or whatever.
The lawless band fires arrows after the two dwarves and followed them up on a hilltop where they apparently had their home.
Arriving they found two of three dwarves alive. The third dwarf was killed by one of the arrows and was now beeing mourned by the father and brother still alive.
Theese three dwarves where the last of their kind and now only two remained alive.

The father was actually pretty important in old Tolkien texts (Lost tale) but that was downgraded in Silmarillon.
Still he had a part in Silmarillon that was not totally unimportant.

After having one son brutally killed by the lawless, and his home taken and beeing held as prisoner, the dwarf went 'evil' and made a deal with Morgoth's orcs.
Later, he went to the old and empty dwarven halls of Nargothrond, empty after the assaault of Glaurung, only to be killed by Turins father Hurin.
This was the last dwarf of his kind, the petty dwarves.

Was he evil after all that crap done to him?
Well, not if you ask me. But making agreements with orcs might put him in that category by others.

Mim

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 12 Mar 2010 05:32

Evil dwarves are also described in "The Children of Hurin." By Tolkien (edited by his son.)

The definition of evil might be left up to the reader to decide, but they were certainly not like the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain or Moria.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 11:58

Thanks Mim I had been trying to recall that story... Been a long time now since I read the Silmarillion and I have read about 100 other fantasy novels inbetween just to confuse things.
Basically I think there is a LOT of fantasy precedent for dwarves to be neutral and some for evil some for good.

Mim was a rather famous dwarf back in his glad days, Mim the Mighty Rockfriend had a nice ring to it.
Does he curse those that tempted him away from it. Would Mim be tempted to go Neidar/AA if it was possible?

Also Darkaan would make a fantastic AA, he went against the wishes of the Thane (at least that was the Neidar PR) and started his own one man war against the DA's. He was pretty ridiculous that he would spank everyone etc trying to get them to attack him, but when that didn't work he would attack them anyway.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 12 Mar 2010 13:13

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Also Darkaan would make a fantastic AA, he went against the wishes of the Thane (at least that was the Neidar PR) and started his own one man war against the DA's. He was pretty ridiculous that he would spank everyone etc trying to get them to attack him, but when that didn't work he would attack them anyway.
He he. Yeah, Darkie rocks! I miss him. Tried to lure him back to genesis, but sadly, he resisted.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 13:26

If you are speaking to him again tell him Tarax wants revenge for all times he use to hunt me when Barl would occasionally join in, tell him these days Tarax would kick his ass. I wouldn't even plex him.... much

Actually had a spar with a AA 3 levels lower in mortal rank and tried not plexing him, I had underestimated him greatly and he beat the sh1t out of me. AA against a minotaur is plenty sick, especially if they use the blackened whip.

I also talked to the AA about how tactically powerful rangers were in a pfight and my memories of ranger encounters etc.
But it was a moot point. His char had never even seen a ranger let alone had any conflict with them and he is a pretty active AA, albeit quite new to the body and AA life.

I think the fault with that is on the Ranger side as much as any. I still see Laurel and Xar logged in occasionally but the Rangers are in bad shape. Did the rangers fight with AA when they had their "yes we're back" good times? Or is that why AA had to go fight SC and Knights etc?

There are issues with AA and Rangers.
This topic is maybe a small one, but then again it is one that could maybe be easily improved.

Creed

Post by Creed » 12 Mar 2010 13:37

Perhaps the AA only fought, as they were too powerful to begin with?

Had I been a ranger, in a non-upgraded guild, I wouldn't have jumped into the battle either.
No matter if I were into pvp or not.

Rangers specials and all that have still not been set to the new standard, so its very hard to say how they would do against the AA, as they are now.
Its really hard to say anything about any balance, before all guilds have been through the mill.

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 12 Mar 2010 13:45

Creed wrote:Perhaps the AA only fought, as they were too powerful to begin with?

Had I been a ranger, in a non-upgraded guild, I wouldn't have jumped into the battle either.
No matter if I were into pvp or not.

Rangers specials and all that have still not been set to the new standard, so its very hard to say how they would do against the AA, as they are now.
Its really hard to say anything about any balance, before all guilds have been through the mill.

A ranger who knows what he's doing, defeats an AA with ease.

Angmar without a weapon does not do much damage after all ;)

I think the problem the rangers have, is that their recruitment process is too old school, with too few active players,
the vouching/voting system does not work, people give up before they get into the guild.

If you ask me, every guild should take the DA/Calian joining process, where people can join right away, but is limited to racks/skills
until they have proven themself.

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 12 Mar 2010 14:01

Tarax the Terrible wrote:If you are speaking to him again tell him Tarax wants revenge for all times he use to hunt me when Barl would occasionally join in, tell him these days Tarax would kick his ass. I wouldn't even plex him.... much
Will paste him link to your post :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/