Neidar / AA

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Neidar / AA

Post by Rhynox » 12 Mar 2010 14:08

Tarax the Terrible wrote:Mim was a rather famous dwarf back in his glad days, Mim the Mighty Rockfriend had a nice ring to it.
Does he curse those that tempted him away from it. Would Mim be tempted to go Neidar/AA if it was possible?

Also Darkaan would make a fantastic AA, he went against the wishes of the Thane (at least that was the Neidar PR) and started his own one man war against the DA's. He was pretty ridiculous that he would spank everyone etc trying to get them to attack him, but when that didn't work he would attack them anyway.
Mim would never join the Clan, he doesn't want to get involved in pfighting. And Darkaan was one of the best pfighters we had, I remember him chasing vampires everywhere.The main thing with Darkaan was that he didn't respect our treaties, so even if we struck a peace treaty he would kill soldiers if he found them very hurt. Sometimes they also need peace.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 14:15

Thanks Sharn...

I agree with Lindros. Although a disarmed AA does still do damage and can use items not to let them be disarmed.
But Rangers own just about every other melee combat guild.
Rangers may not be better toe to toe fighters than many (any?) but the day a ranger fights toe to toe is when hell freezes over.
They do not even fight all in one unit, they split up hit and run and take their enemies apart piece by piece.
And they have an excellent choice of laymans to add damage or other tactics.

I miss those sneaky ba$tards.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 14:18

Rhynox wrote:Darkaan was one of the best pfighters we had, I remember him chasing vampires everywhere.The main thing with Darkaan was that he didn't respect our treaties, so even if we struck a peace treaty he would kill soldiers if he found them very hurt. Sometimes they also need peace.
As I said he would make a great AA! :twisted:
Plus the clan still pfights? Just Irk?

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Mar 2010 14:23

We do but not that often, we are only two active, and we don't want people to attack Mega who recently came back after a year away after two or three deaths. With the vampires around we fought almost every day. We are waiting for the ogres to start attacking once they finish their trainment, actually.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 14:29

Would you be happy to be more active if it meant evil side of neutral dwarves joining?

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 12 Mar 2010 14:36

Even if you remove the penalties for being evil, it doesn't make too much sense, since you wouldn't be able to team with knights or rangers. Most of you are forgetting that the captain of the angmarin may not want such combo, and can kick any angmarin neidar. After all, what would happen when a neidar angmarin teamed with a neidar attacks another angmarin? Neidars can't join pirates because the king would not allow them to (there is a neidar pirate still, but he hasn't logged in years, back when Birt I think was the king).

I am curious about the neidar/angmar combo, but it won't be happening anytime soon.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 12 Mar 2010 14:52

Having a few more rangers active wouldnt hurt.
I'd go back to being a ranger in a second if they would take drow too, but sadly they are unbelivable racistic :(
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 15:13

Rhynox if Neidar moved to being neutral as you have asked for it would change the dynamic of the clan.
I suspect the current members would enjoy it to be able to kill calof etc for equipment.
But truly shifting to Neutral would mean you having to break of your very strong ties with the Knights and stand on your own.

It could go one of two ways..

They turn into a guild of individuals like monks, glads, mercs etc.
Where each member does there own thing and forms their own alliances they don't fight each other but mostly team with other guilds. The Thane a position to mediate judgements on members and set loose rules. I don't think this would be good for them.

The other is that they become their own neutral entity, first and foremost a strong clan. A strong thane clan could ally with others at times and all (no matter how diverse) would be expected to fall into line. ie PoT alliance..
I think that could be interesting and good for the clan.
It would be a BIG change to see Knights actually attacking Neidar held plains etc.

Just think, you could get lots of active Neidars and go start a war against the SU, your favourite guild!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 12 Mar 2010 15:14

amberlee wrote:Having a few more rangers active wouldnt hurt.
I'd go back to being a ranger in a second if they would take drow too, but sadly they are unbelivable racistic :(
How can any guild which accepts hobbits claim they have standards??

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 12 Mar 2010 15:23

Yea there is that... No i just dont think they like coloured elves much :(
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/