Penalty for leaving guilds

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ilrahil

Re: Penalty for leaving guilds

Post by Ilrahil » 22 Jun 2010 07:54

Well anytime I have been a DA its been work toward being promoted. I have seen some generals come and go who only get general and promote their friends though.

However even the most recent time when Artagel was general I joined, worked toward my promotion that can be done through an NPC/guild setup system. Then for the next two weeks I worked my ass off, spent much time conquering areas as I'm sure Earth can attest to as well as attempting to protect them (silly bastard ;) got away every time cuz of his damned warhorse.)

And yes I went up to General but I personally plan on holding on to Artagel's principles of it. People won't get promotions unless they deserve it.

I think that if a situation arose where penalties were given for leaving guilds even for someone who wants to uphold guild policies it would be hard to have a guild leader or council mete out punishments. I mean even someone level-headed who keeps characters seperate is still going to feel bad taking a ton of their friends xp at some point and are not going to want to do it.

It would have to be based on the honour system and how much IRL does the honour system hold up. It more than certainly would not hold up in game.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Penalty for leaving guilds

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 22 Jun 2010 10:10

Rhynox wrote:I was thinking more in terms of RP, where if you serve the Dark Queen, she won't just let you get away from her. Also, note that during a year or so the armies promoted new soldiers to officers to get more recruits. While the Knights have a pretty formal way of promoting (I have never seen more than two Rose Knights at a time, and before Earth they were pretty inactive), the Dragonarmies just promote on whims. For example, Eagledraco has been Grandmaster for probably over 8 years by now, but he is still a Sword Knight (and from what I remember he was Crown still when he was promoted to GM).

I am guessing this is because Rose Knights get some extra advantages (which used to include minor prayers which made them somewhat of spellcasters), but the Armies have never been shy about promoting people to let them get their own dragon.
In case you are not aware.. Officer is considered the standard rank in the dragon army.
Everyone who joins should expect to be able to become an officer in time.
There is no limit to the number of positions.
If you are not promoted by a High Officer Or General the guild npc will promote you automatically if you get enough guild exp.
Louie made it that way when he made a number of other changes. (Free to join etc)
So he has safe guarded that the army cannot die off if its commanders sleep.
A really clever thing more guilds should have!

The theme is that players are the commanders of the army, npcs are the bulk of the forces.

I personally am a fan of if someone is looking for a job/responsibility give it to them and let them prove their worth.
As it can be taken away again if they fail to deliver.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/