Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Post by Rhynox » 25 Jun 2010 06:31

Well, if Alorrana and Bale had tested the block plus quake (just like Xar, Irk, Logg and I tested a lot of strange cases, some of which were bugged), they could have fixed the bug and, maybe, could have gotten Irk this time. Ilrahil is one of the first to say he explores every possibility when a new skill is found, and I still think Alorrana gets an idea of how it should work and complains if it doesn't so.

Personally, since earthquake affects everyone in the room, it should break all existing blocks.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 25 Jun 2010 08:27

Rhynox wrote: Personally, since earthquake affects everyone in the room, it should break all existing blocks.
even for knights?

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 25 Jun 2010 09:46

Rhynox wrote:Well, if Alorrana and Bale had tested the block plus quake (just like Xar, Irk, Logg and I tested a lot of strange cases, some of which were bugged), they could have fixed the bug and, maybe, could have gotten Irk this time. Ilrahil is one of the first to say he explores every possibility when a new skill is found, and I still think Alorrana gets an idea of how it should work and complains if it doesn't so.

Personally, since earthquake affects everyone in the room, it should break all existing blocks.

Why should earthquake break all exisiting blocks?

Thats like saying earthquakes should make anyone unable to throw specials or something.

Block is a special just like any other, saying it should not work when an earthquake hits is like saying Rangers should not be able to brawl when earthquaked.

I have to disagree.

Lets just hope wizards steps in and fixes the existing bugs with earthquake/block.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 25 Jun 2010 18:35

I think its fine and dandy if earthquakes break all blocks, but the blocks apparently broke the earthquake instead. *palmslap*

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 25 Jun 2010 19:36

I mentioned that it was a bug. They didn't check if the quake was in effect. And bromen, personally, yes. Actually, quake should break all preparing specials as well. However, it should also break the ogre's special, so that he won't be able to crush while the effect is there (considering the quake effect dispels before crush resets).

There is a reason why ogres can't train block.

Bofur
Greenhorne

Post by Bofur » 28 Jun 2010 16:41

Still, I can't help fear that the stacking combination of the two abilities may be a little bit too powerful, though. Maybe a virtual I-win button?
Earth, as long as you have Valar chicken shit peace spel (I-cant-lose button) all alone, I think its pretty fair that we can get something useful through teaming, wouldnt you think?

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 28 Jun 2010 16:49

it is very hard to compare peace spell, which you can easily break or fail in it to always working without preparation earthquake, dont you think?

Bofur
Greenhorne

Post by Bofur » 28 Jun 2010 21:33

From what Ive seen its pretty damn effective. But its a thing for you sissies anyway, suites you all fine.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 28 Jun 2010 21:44

Well the thread has split kind of... its really a topic of different nature.

I personally dislike peace spells. I think the only way they should work is for people who do not want to participate in PvP. They could register and get said peace spell but it would only work on playerfights.

There would have to be dictation in guild conflicts on it. For example, DA's and knights should not be able to use the spell in the krynn domain and the same can be said about AA, Rangers, and Mages in Middle Earth.

If guilds went to war an official declaration would need to be made and if any members of the guilds carried the item it would cease to function during the war until a situation was resolved and a treaty wrote.

Peace spells in guilds I think however have no place just as the dusty tome's peace spell was being abused from what it was originally intended.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 28 Jun 2010 21:54

Ilrahil wrote:Well the thread has split kind of... its really a topic of different nature.

I personally dislike peace spells. I think the only way they should work is for people who do not want to participate in PvP. They could register and get said peace spell but it would only work on playerfights.

There would have to be dictation in guild conflicts on it. For example, DA's and knights should not be able to use the spell in the krynn domain and the same can be said about AA, Rangers, and Mages in Middle Earth.

If guilds went to war an official declaration would need to be made and if any members of the guilds carried the item it would cease to function during the war until a situation was resolved and a treaty wrote.

Peace spells in guilds I think however have no place just as the dusty tome's peace spell was being abused from what it was originally intended.
That's not a bad idea at all. With a bit of tinkering here and there, I think your idea is pretty good actually.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/