Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor

Re: Block + Ogre Quake Interaction

Post by Draugor » 28 Jun 2010 22:45

bromen wrote:
Rhynox wrote: Personally, since earthquake affects everyone in the room, it should break all existing blocks.
even for knights?

Agreed, its quite hard to stand in someones way effectively and hinder them from leaving when ya cant stand properly. IF you reblock after the quake however it should be as before

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 29 Jun 2010 00:21

Makfly wrote:
Ilrahil wrote:Well the thread has split kind of... its really a topic of different nature.

I personally dislike peace spells. I think the only way they should work is for people who do not want to participate in PvP. They could register and get said peace spell but it would only work on playerfights.

There would have to be dictation in guild conflicts on it. For example, DA's and knights should not be able to use the spell in the krynn domain and the same can be said about AA, Rangers, and Mages in Middle Earth.

If guilds went to war an official declaration would need to be made and if any members of the guilds carried the item it would cease to function during the war until a situation was resolved and a treaty wrote.

Peace spells in guilds I think however have no place just as the dusty tome's peace spell was being abused from what it was originally intended.
That's not a bad idea at all. With a bit of tinkering here and there, I think your idea is pretty good actually.
I second that!
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 29 Jun 2010 02:08

I took a look at the interaction between block and the ogre's ability referenced here, and I understand how everything happened. It has more to do with timing than a bug. Both abilities are working as expected, and the specific limitations that were placed on the abilities when balanced are working.

The only annoying thing that I found was that leaders couldn't leave if their own team was blocking them, making hunting extremely difficult. I've corrected that (with a small twist) and leave it to you to discover how to change your tactics in blocking to accommodate for this new freedom.

Cheers!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Jun 2010 02:14

petros wrote:I took a look at the interaction between block and the ogre's ability referenced here, and I understand how everything happened. It has more to do with timing than a bug. Both abilities are working as expected, and the specific limitations that were placed on the abilities when balanced are working.

The only annoying thing that I found was that leaders couldn't leave if their own team was blocking them, making hunting extremely difficult. I've corrected that (with a small twist) and leave it to you to discover how to change your tactics in blocking to accommodate for this new freedom.

Cheers!
I understand how everything happened as well.
Its possible to break a block when started before earthquake, and the timer is reached it amazingly pushes them out of the room making the person breaking the block able to move when no-one else can. Which is like having flying super powers.

Fix that and don't worry about blocking teamleaders, the block stop command already exists...
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 29 Jun 2010 02:33

One only needs to fix something that isn't the intended effect ;)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Jun 2010 10:39

In terms of realism. Someone being uniquely able to move when there is an earthquake effecting everyone screams of system bug. So if this is intentional because of balance or some other issue.. Code a special message to not leave people thinking WTF! And if you cannot think of a good message to explain such a feat apart from "X leaves during the Earthquake, but do not be alarmed as this was intentional." Maybe its time to ask again why that was the intention.

For the recent example I don't see the balance issue however, knights block seems much much much more powerful than stomp + global blocks combined. If 7 knights had got blocks set to block solo player x and kill them I don't think they would have failed do you? They could also switch the tank up easily if one was getting hurt. Knight plus calians, less blocking but faster damage and again able to change tank. Neidars able to tank better than god.

So you could argue it would be balanced to be able to block Neidars for longer than anyone else for example..

Without a doubt the balance is complex as ever, its seems to go against the aggressors.
Why not just set a cap on amount of time someone can be kept in anyroom that isn't locked.
Then balance entry into saferooms, speedwalking 100s of rooms while being hunted, using linkdeath to hide.
And we will be hunky dorry.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 29 Jun 2010 11:24

I may be wrong but i think someone said in past there was a limit on how many Knights could block one exit, two or so.

i dont think that's the case with the new block.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 29 Jun 2010 11:24

if you take 7 ogres you can kill anyone you want (it is almost 2mins of slaying). Knights still have to prepare the block and only one exit, so they are good in one exit room. Each side have to have combination that can be deadly for opponent, not only evils. You have quite powerful "button" to stop enemy and kill it and what more few ogres who want to take apart in PvP, so just you use it like before, but better :)

Lindros

Post by Lindros » 29 Jun 2010 12:59

Irk wrote:if you take 7 ogres you can kill anyone you want (it is almost 2mins of slaying). Knights still have to prepare the block and only one exit, so they are good in one exit room. Each side have to have combination that can be deadly for opponent, not only evils. You have quite powerful "button" to stop enemy and kill it and what more few ogres who want to take apart in PvP, so just you use it like before, but better :)

Actually thats not how it works at all.

There's alot bigger limitations to stomp than you realize.

Block is far far better when it comes to killing someone.

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 29 Jun 2010 17:21

The amount of time ogre stomp stacked was greatly reduced.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/