View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 Nov 2017 15:42

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Limit on aliases/triggers? 
Author Message
Expert

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 259
Hi.

It seems like there's a hard-coded limit for size of aliases/triggers, around 70k. If request to save settings exceeds 70k, it fails with response "Incomplete response received from application".
Is it intended? I mean I can easily have up to 70k JS code in aliases/triggers.

Thanks,
Mallor's player.


07 Nov 2017 16:48
Profile
Beginner

Joined: 26 Jul 2017 23:08
Posts: 15
There was already rised this issue in past:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3880&p=35843#p35843


07 Nov 2017 20:30
Profile
Expert

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 259
The fact it still hasn't been fixed is quite alarming. 70k text is nowhere near enough to be able to maintain even minimal amount of scripts.


07 Nov 2017 20:36
Profile
Adept

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 130
mallor wrote:
The fact it still hasn't been fixed is quite alarming. 70k text is nowhere near enough to be able to maintain even minimal amount of scripts.


Wait, 70k characters in total for the sum of the aliases or for each? :P


08 Nov 2017 01:41
Profile
Expert

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 259
Drazson wrote:
mallor wrote:
The fact it still hasn't been fixed is quite alarming. 70k text is nowhere near enough to be able to maintain even minimal amount of scripts.


Wait, 70k characters in total for the sum of the aliases or for each? :P


Why do people keep asking that? :D The total size of json that is being sent to server when you save your settings, so it's all triggers/aliases/whatever is sent as well.


08 Nov 2017 08:17
Profile
Adept

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 130
mallor wrote:
Why do people keep asking that? :D The total size of json that is being sent to server when you save your settings, so it's all triggers/aliases/whatever is sent as well.


We gotta seize the day, grasp the opportunities to learn. (lol am i drunk)
Uhm to be honest I use most scripts I can think of needing and I'm just fine.
However, I don't pvp tho but there's no scripting there now is it.

If the server can take it then I think it's a worthy expansion. MAYBE some widely used stuff could get integrated for casual usage though, just like "l" for "look". If wizzies think it's a possibity then we can create a post with (hopefully sensible) suggestions. Hmm... maybe that's irrelevant to your issue though, since those are mostly aliases with little size contributions. Anyway.


08 Nov 2017 15:16
Profile
Expert

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 259
1200 lines of JS code is about 70k of text, there you go. ONLY 1200 lines :)


08 Nov 2017 15:26
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.