New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

General discussion about the Genesis Web Client located at https://www.genesismud.org/play/

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 361
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Syrk » 21 Aug 2013 14:55

Just as the website, the client's window sizes does not seem to be adjustable.

User avatar
Eowul
Wizard
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 21:55
Location: Middle Earth

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Eowul » 21 Aug 2013 15:01

syrk wrote:Just as the website, the client's window sizes does not seem to be adjustable.
Unlike the website, the client should scale to use the full browser window. Within that window, the relative sizes are indeed fixed.
Caretaker of Arda

Laurel

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Laurel » 21 Aug 2013 15:14

eowul wrote:
syrk wrote:Just as the website, the client's window sizes does not seem to be adjustable.
Unlike the website, the client should scale to use the full browser window. Within that window, the relative sizes are indeed fixed.
It does just that for my home, office and phone Chrome setups (which are different).

Aristos
Veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: 26 May 2013 18:54

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Aristos » 24 Aug 2013 20:25

I think I will qualify this client as "sexy" ;-)

Love it! Great work!

Celephias
Expert
Posts: 255
Joined: 19 Oct 2010 19:23

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Celephias » 27 Aug 2013 18:45

This is a great client and should be the beginning of more great things for the game! Very exciting!

For multiple commands, I personally prefer semicolon delimited over newlines ala:
open chest;get all from chest;close chest

Aristos
Veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: 26 May 2013 18:54

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Aristos » 28 Aug 2013 15:13

Celephias wrote:This is a great client and should be the beginning of more great things for the game! Very exciting!

For multiple commands, I personally prefer semicolon delimited over newlines ala:
open chest;get all from chest;close chest
Yep, I second this.

User avatar
Eowul
Wizard
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 21:55
Location: Middle Earth

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Eowul » 28 Aug 2013 16:36

Celephias wrote:For multiple commands, I personally prefer semicolon delimited over newlines ala:
open chest;get all from chest;close chest
Program with this is that you can no longer use the semicolon in your texts, which might lead to weird situations? Not sure how often it's used in normal play, but it's quite a relevant character in programming.
Caretaker of Arda

Laurel

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Laurel » 28 Aug 2013 19:42

I have this in ZMuD and Blowtorch ... ";" all the way ...

User avatar
Avatar
Titan
Posts: 451
Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Location: Denmark

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Avatar » 29 Aug 2013 13:20

cotillion wrote:For Chrome users the client can now be installed as a Chrome App.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mgfmeefmaa
Testing it out now, and it actually lets me connect from work :)

Thing looks very good, but the map section doesn't seem to work. It is supposed to automap or something, or did I misunderstand that feature?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

User avatar
Eowul
Wizard
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 21:55
Location: Middle Earth

Re: New Official Client Unveiled for Testing!

Post by Eowul » 29 Aug 2013 14:00

avatar wrote:Testing it out now, and it actually lets me connect from work :)

Thing looks very good, but the map section doesn't seem to work. It is supposed to automap or something, or did I misunderstand that feature?
It's the magic map from in game, so you will need to be in a magic map supported area. I would suggest leaving your guild :)
Caretaker of Arda

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/