GMCP Requests

General discussion about the Genesis Web Client located at https://www.genesismud.org/play/

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Jooli
Adept

GMCP Requests

Post by Jooli » 14 Mar 2015 01:12

Moved into new thread. /Mercade

Would it be possible to add char.enemy or something similar?

- Init combat
- Vitals of enemy while fighting
- Description of enemy
- Enemy death

Loving the gmcp functions so far!

- Jooli

Icarus
Veteran

Re: GMCP Requests

Post by Icarus » 14 Mar 2015 01:26

I second Jooli's requests here, also would love to see something I've mentioned to you before, Mercade, if possible:

- Comm.Channel.Target

For those targets of asks, whispers, says etc...
Flee you fools!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 14 Mar 2015 02:32

Just some questions out of curiosity. I've decided to experiment a bit and enable GMCP support for Genesis in TinyFugue. Just reading on how to do it but I need to know a few things beforehand:

a) Is Genesis using ATCP2 subnegotiation protocol 201?
b) How long of a string can I expect to get in return? If the subnegotiation is longer than 255 chars TF assumes the server is broken. How much should I increase it (if at all)?

I guess that enabling the subnegotiation shouldn't be very hard. The problem would be including some JSON parser...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 14 Mar 2015 02:34

This gives me a headache but I'm sure it is good stuff...

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 14 Mar 2015 02:39

Chanele wrote:This gives me a headache but I'm sure it is good stuff...
Please don't mind the technobabble :)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Mercade
Wizard

Post by Mercade » 14 Mar 2015 11:07

Zhar wrote:a) Is Genesis using ATCP2 subnegotiation protocol 201?
b) How long of a string can I expect to get in return? If the subnegotiation is longer than 255 chars TF assumes the server is broken. How much should I increase it (if at all)?
a) Sounds like it came out of a bad spy movie.
b) In Room.Map the maps can be larger, so let's say 40*80 = 3200 for a rather big map and with a zoom it might be double that in the package.

Einar
Apprentice

Post by Einar » 09 Apr 2015 10:50

I'd love to receive via GMCP information about health status of my teammebers - it would stop me from spamming my screen with health of team. With buttons on the screen tracking health via gmcp I'd need just one look to notice someone is not very well.

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 13 Dec 2015 07:45

I've made several requests in another thread, but the main ones I wish got implemented are room.mobs (or something even more general to include players) and room.items. room.mobs so that I don't have to spam each location with kill requests, and room.items so I don't have to try to pick up items at each location either. Both would hopefully return an array.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/