Problems with empty lines

Report bugs and suggest new features for the web client here.

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Nubeiro
Greenhorne

Problems with empty lines

Post by Nubeiro » 24 Apr 2022 16:30

Hi all,

In settings I have one Javascript alias called mutenpc. Its 2 lines are:
mud.Process.outgoing_gmcp("core.options"{"npc_comms" : "off"});
gwc.output.append('NPC comms muted');

The problem is that whenever I send an empty line (hit return) client sends mutenpc as text. It happens anywhere: normal prompt, reading help, writing mails...

I've tried to disable alias, save character, logout, login; delete alias, save char, logout, login, but client keeps sending mutenpc when I hit return on an empty line.

Any clues?

Thanks

Drazson
Titan

Re: Problems with empty lines

Post by Drazson » 24 Apr 2022 20:07

The gwc.output.append('NPC comms muted'); part is just a notifier so you can generally remove it. Otherwise, no idea why stuff runs when it shouldnt :)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 May 2022 20:54

I will just add a bit unrelated info here (it does concern whitespace though): it seems impossible to input lines that start with whitespace in the webclient (leading spaces for formatting mail for example).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Riva
Apprentice

Post by Riva » 09 May 2022 01:21

Zhar wrote:
08 May 2022 20:54
I will just add a bit unrelated info here (it does concern whitespace though): it seems impossible to input lines that start with whitespace in the webclient (leading spaces for formatting mail for example).
The ability to use whitespace at the beginning would be such a nice quality of life change for the webclient.

Baz
Beginner

Post by Baz » 10 May 2022 06:41

Are you sure you didn't make an alias for it with an empty space the first time?

Alias can be made even with by hitting even the enter key. They just show up at the very top of the list.

I did this with a script and because it didn't append anything, every 'enter' was causing it to run. So I couldn't write mail with enter.

The alias should show up right at the top of the list. Can you share a screenshot of how it looks also, the top of the list, and your alias.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 29 Jul 2022 14:22

Yes, empty line runs an alias for me.
When I write a mail and wish to blank out the copy, I can not.
So I always write a copy to myself.
I did write a wizard in charge a loooong time ago about it.
He was busy though, so nothing happened.
Not even a reply.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/